Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes - Healer OT

90 Worgen Priest
02/06/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Morenn
I have to ask.. since Priests benefit from Spirit, regardless of spec, why would it be self-absorbed for him to want it as shadow, but not self-absorbed for me (for example) to want it as disc?

Mm, I've always looked at spirit items as healing specific. It'd be polite to ask if the healer needed the item before taking it as your own. Priests benefiting from spirit is meh to me because they can also roll on hit items, where hit does @#@!!!!* all for me. I just think it's selfish.

But yeah, generally I'm talking about every other caster dps. Actually, anyone with the ability to roll I've lost to. Locks, mages, ret pallies, bear tanks... I've lost trinkets/weapons to them all in heroics. :p I'm sure we all have been there.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Morenn
I have to ask.. since Priests benefit from Spirit, regardless of spec, why would it be self-absorbed for him to want it as shadow, but not self-absorbed for me (for example) to want it as disc?

I'm of the firm belief that if you're in a dungeon as a DPS spec, you should allow the healer first choice of Spirit items that drop, even if you can use them. If the healer doesn't want them, only then should you take them.

I'm also of the belief that healers shouldn't roll on non-Spirit items unless whatever caster DPS is in the dungeon doesn't want them. I always ask on my runs.

Then again, I'm strange.
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are about as many Spirit items as there are Hit, at least in cloth's case.
90 Worgen Priest
/highfives Tiriél
You guys are certainly entitled to your personal beliefs, it's just when it comes down to saying someone is "self-absorbed" because your views are different then I have an issue.

Is it not self-absorbed to think that ALL spirit items belong to you as healers, even though someone else may have just as great of a need for it?
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 11:18 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I leveled this one as balance. It was turble.
90 Worgen Priest
I'm speaking in generalizations. It's selfish to take a healing item when there are hit items (that we can make no use of) that drop as well. I'm not saying anyone has malicious intent, but it greatly annoyed me when I was trying to gear up and I constantly was outrolled by people that couldn't efficiently make use of the gear they were rolling need on.

When I start needing on dps items, then I'll be self absorbed as well. :o

I just think it's rude to take what the healer needs. As I said before, it's just polite to ask first. I know if I was shadow and I saw it, I wouldn't snatch it up immediately, but I am biased. :]
02/06/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
that couldn't efficiently make use of the gear they were rolling need on.

The point is.. they can.

Spirit items are NOT healer items and haven't been since Cataclysm.
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 11:28 AM PST
90 Worgen Priest
"They"

02/06/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
But yeah, generally I'm talking about every other caster dps. Actually, anyone with the ability to roll I've lost to. Locks, mages, ret pallies, bear tanks... I've lost trinkets/weapons to them all in heroics. :p I'm sure we all have been there.

And I already explained my thoughts on the Shadow Priest deal.
90 Worgen Priest
Well, perhaps they should let us make use of hit and I wouldn't care so much. =]
02/06/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
And I already explained my thoughts on the Shadow Priest deal.

That's fine, and I agree about mages/locks. But Shadow Priests have just as much "right" to roll on spirit items as I do... along with Ele Shamans and Boomkins for non-cloth items. The only place I would draw the line is procced Spirit/Healing trinkets.

edit: I could be biased as well as I have raided with a shadow priest for 2 years and can't imagine ever telling her she couldn't roll against me for spirit items.

edit again: Closing comment, I just think it is equally poor behavior to think you have first dibs to gear despite anyone else's need as it is to roll on something you don't need just because you can.
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 11:42 AM PST
90 Worgen Priest
/shrug

Agree to disagree!!
90 Blood Elf Priest
If the item was clearly an upgrade for Buffy, there's absolutely no reason he/she should have even considered passing to the healer. None.

Spirit is NOT a "healer" stat. It is simply a stat healers use, it's not exclusive to us. We honestly don't even need as much of it as the community has fooled themselves into believing.

Grats on getting that Buffy, it's extremely rare! Quite a good catch.
90 Worgen Priest
02/06/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Morenn
edit again: Closing comment, I just think it is equally poor behavior to think you have first dibs to gear despite anyone else's need as it is to roll on something you don't need just because you can.

Poor behavior? Now this is just irritating.

I never said I had "first dibs" to anything. All I said is that it's common for dps to need on anything without considering the healer.

If she can use the stat, that's fine. All I said was that if I was the holy pally, I would be annoyed. And it's true. I would be. Am I displaying poor behavior for that? No, not really. It's a pretty human emotion, actually. I'm not guilting or shaming her. It's just the truth.

Again, if she can make use of it, good for her. Perhaps I am just stuck in my WoLK mentality. I just think it's screwed up that dps can roll on hit, spirit and green bananas, whereas if you're in those heroics, chances are you are needing that spirit just to get your foot in the door.

Anyway, whatever.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I might have missed it, but have they said whether or not Valor is being reset in 5.2?

Riôt
90 Draenei Priest
Spirit will always be slightly better for caster/healer hybrids; especially so for Humans. And there isn't a comparable epic caster item from Heroics with +hit on it. I don't count Headmaster's Will because they still haven't made it so MH+OH isn't always better. In fact, because of this healers and healer/caster hybrids have a very minor gearing advantage over pure casters. Having said that, I'm sort of in between the 2 viewpoints and it mainly depends on the people in the run and how they act and how they treat everyone.
On my Paladin I was in MSP and the epic 2H sword dropped at the end. I rolled need on it because 1) I needed a better Ret weapon and 2) the melee DPS in the group that could use it was an absolute !@#. Unfortunately, he won it anyway.
By contrast, DPSing on my Feral/Resto Druid in Brewery. Ook-Ook dropped the Fruit Barrel. Healer and tank needed, a quick check made sure they weren't from the same server/guild. A quick inspect showed the healer needed it just as much as I did for my healing spec. So I rolled need, won and then whispered and passed it to the healer who was getting a bit upset in chat. The whisper was to let them know I was giving them a bonus roll against the tank. Hoptallus dropped the healing cloak, and virtually the same thing happened again minus the healer getting upset in chat.
So really it depends on the circumstances. But, if you're going to argue that spirit gear should always be given to the healer first and foremost, then for your argument to be valid you must also argue that any and all DPS/tanking gear should absolutely be given to those specs first and foremost.
02/06/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
All I said was that if I was the holy pally, I would be annoyed.

If that was all you said, I wouldn't have replied. I would be annoyed that I lost the roll. However, I wouldn't consider the person winning it a 'self-absorbed dps'. THAT was the comment I objected to.
90 Worgen Priest
02/06/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
Such is life, and I have always expected that if an epic dropped, some self-absorbed dps would take it

... I didn't call her/him self-absorbed. :]
90 Worgen Priest
As for the dps thing, I never roll on dps gear.

But yeah, apologies if I offended anyone.

/dips out
02/06/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Fluffychoo
... I didn't call her/him self-absorbed. :]

I never said that you did... that you would think a dps that rolled on a spirit item would qualify as self-absorbed is the issue.

edit: I am not offended, I do not have a shadow spec, I have never had a shadow spec, and I will probably never have a shadow spec... it just seriously boggles my mind that people think that spirit is still only for healers or in soe way more important prior to the hybrid reaching hit cap.

Yes they can use hit gear.. but so can mages and warlocks.. so we get everything and they get what is left over from both sides... because believe me a warlock/mage is just as likely to be upset at a spriest rolling on his gear because he can use spirit. :P
Edited by Morenn on 2/6/2013 12:10 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]