Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes - Healer OT

90 Blood Elf Priest

Yeah if he faces the entrance the green bubbles are in the middle of the yellows and things are bad. He faces the back corner and it is easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Someone say LEMON?! There is no food in the OT title?! BLASPHEMY! Well it just so happens I have a recipe for lemon cupcakes with tooth rotting-ly good lemon frosting to save the day and make cavities. Not-quite-from-scratch for you semi homemade types.

Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes

For the cupcakes-
1 box lemon cake mix
1 box lemon pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs

For the cavities...I mean buttercream frosting-
1 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon lemon zest
6 tablespoons lemon juice
7 cups confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)

Plop the cake mix, pudding mix,sour cream, water, oil, and eggs in your mixer and beat till smooth. Scoop into your cupcake tin with whatever cute liners you may have with leftover holiday prints. If you have a mini ice cream scoop with the springy thingy, works perfectly. Otherwise I use the 2-spoon method.

Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, let cool fully before frosting.

In your mixer beat the butter and lemon zest until fluffy at medium-high speed. add lemon juice, beating until combined. GRADUALLY (read-several batches not all at once) beat in confectioner's sugar until smooth. Use a spatula or spoon into a piping bag if you are feeling fancy and need to give your squeezing had a workout.

Not quite lemony enough yet? Garnish with some lemon jellybeans then, you lemon freak and enjoy.
90 Blood Elf Mage
If I wasn't sick, this recipe would make me want a lemon drop.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Taymage
If I wasn't sick, this recipe would make me want a lemon drop.

The candy or the martini? I am pretty fond of both myself, being rather the lemon fiend.

When I was in about the fifth grade my after school snack was lemon wedges with sugar-in-the-raw on top. I just bit them and sucked out all the juice like some weird lemon vampire. I stopped when I made my tongue so raw it started bleeding :(

Done that with lemonade/limeade/orange popsicles before too. I like citrus too much.
96 Tauren Monk
01/29/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Aestyr
When I was in about the fifth grade my after school snack was lemon wedges with sugar-in-the-raw on top. I just bit them and sucked out all the juice like some weird lemon vampire. I stopped when I made my tongue so raw it started bleeding :(

I think we've all been there.
90 Blood Elf Mage
The boozy drink, of course. :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Mist

Good to know I am not alone!

I would so much rather have a martini than be going to work in a few hours. Eight hour shift HNGGG!
01/29/2013 08:31 AMPosted by Aestyr

Good to know I am not alone!

I would so much rather have a martini than be going to work in a few hours. Eight hour shift HNGGG!

Since it's the first week of classes, it's rush week at the college bookstore. Unfortunately, a lot of my coworkers haven't learned that the manager will give you ALL of the hours you put down as available, so they're working 30+ hours while doing their own classes.

I learned that the hard way last semester when she gave me shifts from 8 am to 9 pm the week before classes started...for 4 days. Man, that was a hellish week.

Since then, I only put the hours that I actually want to work, so I'm doing 22 hours this week, much more reasonable.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Mmm i love lemon desserts. This thread title belongs to Aestyr, imo!

My life: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwwikzA9Tl1qewacoo1_500.jpg

My breakfast today: 2 pastured eggs and home made slow cooker kalua pork fried in ghee.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8427693296_fde927d394_z.jpg
88 Blood Elf Priest
^ I can add Aestyr to the title :D! Want the lemon recipe as your food :)

AND LOOK MY PRIEST IS HORDE (this is Vero for those that don't have the addon). Moving servers now too, yay.

I love her xmog much more as a belf than I did as a human.
Heartsings Hearty Whole Wheat Pancakes

Go to IHOP.
Order whole wheat pancakes.
om nom nom.

I'm very happy to drop the other topic, by the way. I know it's something that invites a lot of judgment, and I sorta walked into it. It does kinda suck that I can't talk about it with anyone in real life.

Well I texted the guy yesterday, and asked him to meet me before school because I wanted to talk to him about something. He said okay, and then about 20 minutes later he asked what about and I didn't respond.

I woke up this morning to meet him before school, and I just sat in the library waiting him... He never came. He texted me like 4 minutes before the tardy bell rang for first period saying that he overslept and was just getting to school.

/hugs
It would be reasonable to deduce that your friendship has less significance to him than it does to you. Welcome to one of the sad things about growing up.

Good on you for taking action. I still think .... you need to address your own emotions. This guy will be gone eventually, but you're going to be living with yourself for a long-!@# time. Figure yourself out, and it will make every relationship a whole lot easier.
My breakfast today: 2 pastured eggs and home made slow cooker kalua pork fried in ghee.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8427693296_fde927d394_z.jpg

PONIES

GAIZ PONIES

Side note, I hate the worgen armory pose. My feral set looks so cool with these shoulders but the WHOO WHACK YOU WITH A STAFF pose means you can't see them
90 Blood Elf Priest
:3 I had no idea we had so many other lemon fans. Also, all my net hugs for Mal. And yay ponies. I need to get caught up, like 3 episodes behind T_T

Edit- I wish my armory did show my weapon/offhand. They have sparklies and white fire and look pretty.
Edited by Aestyr on 1/29/2013 9:41 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
Don't get me started on armory poses.

Male tauren standing there with a staff going "Herp".

Male tauren standing there with a main-hand/off-hand going "Derp".

That is what male tauren druids have for options. :(
88 Blood Elf Priest
@Heartsings You can talk about it here or in IRC if you ever just want to vent about it :3 I don't agree with what you're doing but if you ever need someone to talk too I'm here :D

Priest is moved! That went way quicker than faction changing O_o

I may actually record leveling her 88-90 since it's a pvp server and I'm sure with my luck I'll get ganked. A lot.
Edited by Sookie on 1/29/2013 9:46 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
Heartsings, I think any judgement we express is stemming out of concern for what the situation may do to you in the long run. But we can put it to bed. I just wanted to say that is the source of our commentary.

Yes, ponies. I do enjoy MLP but I haven't watched it in a long time. I have a very long standing reputation for loving ponies of all kinds. :3

I don't like my armory pose either. I wish she just.. stood there. Like normal. >.< I miss the old armory where we could set our pose.
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, I noticed that in shaman healing discussions, it pretty much never comes up that whenever a shaman heals someone, that person's max health goes up.

Doesn't this affect things for ALOT of people? Tons of class abilities are based off of max hp. Or is the difference too small? 10% of the amount healed up to 10% of the target's max hp. 10% sure sounds like alot but then again I am a math failz.

Edit- armoried a human female warrior or paladin, don't remember which, and her pose had the shield forward so I could see her knees and below, and her shield. Nothing else, well maybe her weapon peeking out from behind.
Edited by Aestyr on 1/29/2013 9:52 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Sookie
I may actually record leveling her 88-90 since it's a pvp server and I'm sure with my luck I'll get ganked. A lot.

I hope not - you have enough trouble leveling as it is ;p

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It would only really come up for tanks I would think. They are really the only ones that care about max HP.
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Aestyr
Doesn't this affect things for ALOT of people? Tons of class abilities are based off of max hp. Or is the difference too small? 10% of the amount healed up to 10% of the target's max hp. 10% sure sounds like alot but then again I am a math failz.

Ish. Abilities like Death Strike for Blood have dual scaling - either with max HP for the minimum shield, or with damage taken in the past 5 seconds. If it's scaling with max HP, that means the DK isn't taking much damage.

Similar abilities like Shield Barrier or Frenzied Regeneration don't scale from HP for the minimum value, but use the actual stamina of the character.

Then you have abilities like Recuperate or Second Wind, which scale only from max HP, so they get the full benefit.
100 Night Elf Priest
01/29/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Sookie

Heh.

Elles has only been ganked once. :o
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]