Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes - Healer OT

90 Human Paladin
< at least shield is small enough you can still see my face? :\

ugh and I need to do professions now. and dailies. Or do the dailies on my warlock until I can re-acquire the faction buff....

and now I too want a lemon drop. Drinking at work is acceptable right? why else would there be a bar across the street?
Thanks Vero :3 also I love having a Blood Elf named Sookie. Super duper.

Man I haven't logged on in like a WHOLE DAY OR SOMETHING because I have to work. #firstworldproblems

Anyone know anything about tanking trinkets? I know the Shieldwall/DO quartermasters have the best ones right now, they're equivalent to the ones that drop in Terrace, so I'm belatedly trying to get Shieldwall rep. But with Thunder King coming soon I don't know if it's really worth it. Do you think it's likely the new raid's trinkets will be clear upgrades? Tanks have odd priorities, because primary stats aren't directly important, and something like an on-use dodge/crit/something is really actually super useful.
90 Pandaren Shaman
My choice tonight for the hours of 6:30 PM to 8:45 are:

Watch ep 4 of Downton Abbey
Level my stupid double damn priest

Downton Abbey is winning so far. Maybe when payday comes in a couple days I will race change my priest to a panda and so feel more inclined to level her. :x

I wonder if I can level her in Chastise? I really dislike shadow. :x
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/29/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Fluffy

Chastise leveling is ridiculously effective. Pick FDCL, and you'll never have to stop.
90 Tauren Druid
01/29/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Heartsings
Anyone know anything about tanking trinkets? I know the Shieldwall/DO quartermasters have the best ones right now, they're equivalent to the ones that drop in Terrace, so I'm belatedly trying to get Shieldwall rep. But with Thunder King coming soon I don't know if it's really worth it. Do you think it's likely the new raid's trinkets will be clear upgrades? Tanks have odd priorities, because primary stats aren't directly important, and something like an on-use dodge/crit/something is really actually super useful.

For a bear, yes? Our bear tank likes to use one stam/dodge trinket (I think he has the Shado-Pan one right now), and one Agi/Mastery trinket. He logged off in his PvP gear, so I don't know what he has equipped at the moment, but he keeps a variety of trinkets in his bags for different fights. I can ask him tonight.

I do know he was sorely pissed last night, as I had set up my uber-pug with the plan of having him as DPS (feral). But he wasn't on at raid time, and hadn't signed up as "confirmed", so I waited 15 minutes then filled his slot with another person who had also signed up as "tentative" but was there on time. He (our druid) logged on a half-hour after raid time, having forgotten we were doing it as we typically only raid on Fridays. Even though he is a guildy, I didn't want to kick the non-guildy who was there on time and prepared, as that just isn't fair.

And yes, the Mastery/Agi-proc trinket from Elegon dropped. He hasn't gotten that in LFR, despite using a token each time, and had despaired of ever killing Elegon on normal. >.<
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/29/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Nerfheals

Chastise leveling is ridiculously effective. Pick FDCL, and you'll never have to stop.

This sounds promising. I will respec her on my lunch break! :x
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks Vero :3 also I love having a Blood Elf named Sookie. Super duper.

Man I haven't logged on in like a WHOLE DAY OR SOMETHING because I have to work. #firstworldproblems

Anytime :) And nice! I have another one named Sookeh (level 85), which is what her original name was when she was on ysera but when I moved her to Undermine and made her alliance I couldn't get Sookeh unlocked so went with Sookei then a few months back got Sookie unlocked THEN was able to also get it unlocked on Shattered Hands :D

People always comment on the name lol. She started as a joke sorta, my friend said I should make a priest named Sookie since they shoot light through hands and I did and ended up loving the class so much that went my bf at the time quit WoW for a while I surpassed him in leveling :3 (we were leveling together).
90 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone know anything about tanking trinkets? I know the Shieldwall/DO quartermasters have the best ones right now, they're equivalent to the ones that drop in Terrace, so I'm belatedly trying to get Shieldwall rep. But with Thunder King coming soon I don't know if it's really worth it. Do you think it's likely the new raid's trinkets will be clear upgrades?

Can't say for sure about the new raid trinkets, since I don't think they've been datamined/made yet. Most likely they'll be better.

The Dominance Offensive trinket is actually kind of meh. Main stat dodge is a turn-off for plate tanks, and not so hot for anyone else. On the other hand, the new raid isn't likely to be released for awhile yet, so you may as well finish the rep (and the really cool storyline quests) and unlock the gear.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Renamed the thread Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes since it was suggested, I just chose that food since you posted the recipe but I can change it to whatever Aestyr :)
90 Draenei Shaman
01/29/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Aestyr
When I was in about the fifth grade my after school snack was lemon wedges with sugar-in-the-raw on top. I just bit them and sucked out all the juice like some weird lemon vampire. I stopped when I made my tongue so raw it started bleeding :(

My son and I can one-up you; we eat lemon wedges *straight*.

In fact, my son's first "solid food" at 4months old was a lemon wedge. We were out at a restaurant for the very first time with him (he was... beyond colicky for his first 3+ months, no way were we going to subject a restaurant to him until his issues eased off a bit). He was fine, but the restaurant was busy and it took the waiter quite a while to get to us even with just water. We eventually got our order taken (still just water in front of us), and the waiter disappeared... and then the baby got cranky *fast*. Like... sippy cup didn't distract him, toys didn't distract him, cuddling/walking didn't distract him... and our food order was being made, no ability to just call it a night and walk out.

In desperation, I took the lemon wedge off my water glass, and handed it to him. He put it in his mouth to mung on it, made the expected face of surprise and horror... and then the crying stopped. He munged on that lemon edge until there was very little pulp left from it, and his grip had bent/broken the rind and we took it away from him out of fear he'd manage to break off and choke on a piece.

At which point we of course gave him my ex-husband's lemon from his water, and then obtained a bowl of lemon wedges from the waiter the next time we saw him.

My son is now going to be turning 12 in less than a month, and lemon and vinegar are his favourite things. He literally uses lemon juice or vinegar on all of his food every day (including potatoes, other vegetables, meat - including bacon and sausages - rice, and much more...), unless I make something involving a cream sauce and put my foot down that he can't curdle his dinner <ick>
In fact, my son's first "solid food" at 4months old was a lemon wedge. We were out at a restaurant for the very first time with him (he was... beyond colicky for his first 3+ months, no way were we going to subject a restaurant to him until his issues eased off a bit). He was fine, but the restaurant was busy and it took the waiter quite a while to get to us even with just water. We eventually got our order taken (still just water in front of us), and the waiter disappeared... and then the baby got cranky *fast*. Like... sippy cup didn't distract him, toys didn't distract him, cuddling/walking didn't distract him... and our food order was being made, no ability to just call it a night and walk out.

Did something similar with Rhianna, though in her case it was a dill pickle, not a lemon wedge. :P That said, she has loved*all* things sour since then.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Finally a real name. Jeez guys. Took you long enough.
90 Blood Elf Priest
^ People wouldn't give suggestions! Until like page 3 lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
i love my pally tank spec... Stacking haste is so fun as a tank.
90 Blood Elf Monk
01/29/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Ellarix
My son is now going to be turning 12 in less than a month

Man. Time flies.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear raid leader,

Sorry I missed Sunday night. I was unavoidably detained due to being karaoke-napped.
90 Draenei Shaman
Dear raid leader,

Sorry I missed Sunday night. I was unavoidably detained due to being karaoke-napped.

:D

... did you wear a red dress and heels? Did you enjoy yourself, whether you did or did not wear a red dress and heels?

01/29/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Mist
My son is now going to be turning 12 in less than a month

Man. Time flies.

Didn't fly fast enough those first years. And by "those first years" I mean for sure the first 9. Maybe 10.
90 Blood Elf Priest
D

... did you wear a red dress and heels? Did you enjoy yourself, whether you did or did not wear a red dress and heels?

Negative. Fortunately allowed to dress myself this time. Gray sweater, gray pinstriped skirt, gray cable knit tights and a pink hair bow.
And some very demure pink flats.

Unfortunately make up was insisted upon.

If I had worn heels I probably would have broken my neck.

And then I got mysteriously signed up for singing whilst in the loo (for the berjillionth time).
I was so polluted I couldn't remember the words to Jingle Bells. My besty told me to just read the screen...to which I gamely slurred:
"Which one theresh like 8 of 'em"
Edited by Winnifred on 1/29/2013 4:55 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
Winni. I feel like going out to a bar with you would be one of the best things to ever happen to anyone.

I wanna go next time. :<
90 Draenei Shaman
Winni. I feel like going out to a bar with you would be one of the best things to ever happen to anyone.

I wanna go next time. :<
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]