Leveling as healer in MoP

90 Human Paladin
Or more specifically a holy paladin...

Tired of seeing the same two instances over and over and over again? (thanks for the variety, bliz) Need to actually get gear rather than the two items you need from the same two dungeons?

Then its time to quest! Questing involves killing mobs....

[Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce][Denounce]

Fun game you have here blizzard.
Edited by Lawladin on 1/29/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
prolly shouldn't level as a healer then
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Umm pressing the activate button to go to ret spec isn't all that hard. I just leveled this toon over the past couple of weeks. Ret is much more fun than it ever was before. Still a little waiting for something to come off CD but nothing like it was years ago.

edit: and btw HS when glyphed hits like a truck while leveling. If you are trying to prove something by being a purist.
Edited by Moobiee on 1/29/2013 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Umm pressing the activate button to go to ret spec isn't all that hard. I just leveled this toon over the past couple of weeks. Ret is much more fun than it ever was before. Still a little waiting for something to come off CD but nothing like it was years ago.

edit: and btw HS when glyphed hits like a truck while leveling. If you are trying to prove something by being a purist.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm smelling what you're stepping in. I'm paying off what you're buying.

Carrying around 14 other items to do stuff on your own is now mandatory from what was optional. Really. I do understand what you're saying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm in your boat and to be honest I hate ret and not going back to prot anything... Ever... But id say just do some dungeons till you get bored then do pvp or spam denounce and quest.
Nothing else we can do unless you want to be the first person to level just from farming herbs and ore =P
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
If the problem is that the level range you are in only ends up queuing you for the same 2 dungeons, then that's one thing. If you are complaining that the only way that you can do content is as holy, then that's a whole different ball of wax.

If you are questing, you will get multiple quest rewards for the same slot all throughout pandaland. If you don't have a full set of main and offspec gear by the time you get done questing, then you're doing something wrong or you aren't trying.

Not only that, but you can buy a full set of lvl 85 gear that will cover your needs both healing and DPS all the way through 90 and that's buyable with a very small amount of gold.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I leveled to 88 strictly as holy priest, and I plan to hit 90 as a holy priest, because I like it. They give more options to choose from, so if you arent happy, change your style.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/29/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Lawladin
Carrying around 14 other items to do stuff on your own is now mandatory from what was optional.

I see you are angry. But i don't remember a time that any healer less smite specced disc were fun or interesting to level in holy spec. One frostweave bag would solve your problems.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I levelled to 90 on my pally as holy.

I now maintain a prot offspec, much to my disgust, to do dailies. I say this because with all the mobs that are aoe groups - once you hit Dread Wastes, you will begin to apply head to desk with astounding regularity.

Not because you die. Because the mob HP goes up so much that the denounce and HS spam gets just mind numbing.

So it's possible. I just don't recommend it, having done it, to do those last couple levels as holy.

I don't care for this lovely change that makes the "level as any spec" battlecry laughable. Not one bit. I just figure it's not worth making my questing life hell just to continue to prove the point. *sigh*

In contrast, this priest blasts through all but AoE mobs with ease, and lower gear.

EDIT; And the icing on the cake? Most of the quest rewards don't even have spirit on them if you quest as holy. With all the emphasis on spirit for regen, this made me stop and go "really???"
Edited by Shankari on 1/30/2013 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Lawladin
Carrying around 14 other items to do stuff on your own is now mandatory from what was optional. Really. I do understand what you're saying.

14?
Try 64.

But seriously, this is WoW. Go quest son, and actually step out of your Holy comfort zone. Ret's fun, and prot is viable too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]