Increasing my tank damage

90 Human Paladin
My GMs been on my back lately about my damage while tanking (he's a prot warrior, with a very low attitude toward prot pallys). I'm already hit and exp capped, and have been stacking haste, just not sure what else i an do to improve my damage. Any advice would be much appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pgxe0xbiqblhvwsi/dashboard/?s=9248&e=9918
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lrfnac7vydeyu85u/dashboard/?s=2304&e=2785

"edit" first log link removed, wrong teams log

Your trinkets are sub par for Prot, the valor trinket is far and away superior to Relic of Niuzao as far as stam trinkets, and either of the haste trinkets are superior to Stuff of Nightmares, honestly a haste/expt/mastery Ghost iron Dragonling would probably be an upgrade over either of your trinkets.

Colossus is a garbage weapon enchant, both windsong and dancing steel depending on what you can afford are significant upgrades over it

those are two things I notice immediately.

And if you're really serious about min maxing your stats you need to drop mining if its at all possible(have an alt do it) and pick up a second crafting profession.

Finally stam isn't an important stat, you should never gem for it when you have alternatives(blue sockets can be fitted with haste/hit green gems for example)
Edited by Retsu on 1/30/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My GMs been on my back lately about my damage while tanking (he's a prot warrior, with a very low attitude toward prot pallys). I'm already hit and exp capped, and have been stacking haste, just not sure what else i an do to improve my damage. Any advice would be much appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pgxe0xbiqblhvwsi/dashboard/?s=9248&e=9918
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lrfnac7vydeyu85u/dashboard/?s=2304&e=2785

"edit" first log link removed, wrong teams log

Colossus is a garbage weapon enchant, both windsong and dancing steel depending on what you can afford are significant upgrades over it

You couldn't be more wrong about Colossus.

"For consistency, I think the Colossus enchant is unmatched. Yes, the absorb bubbles are small, but their reliability is what makes them attractive. Another 8k off of a 100k swing is still a good chunk, and in a longer death scenario I could get two of them. The fact that it’s fairly strong for TDR is a bonus." - Theck
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And I completely disagree with Theck, Col has a 3 PPM, roughly 22k damage reduction a minute is utterly irrelevant when you can typically receive well over a million damage in that same time frame. To say nothing of high inc tank damage fights like Wind Lord when its several million damage per minute.
Edited by Retsu on 1/30/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can disagree with the Math all you'd like, however if you look up the ratio of tanks that use Dancing Steel vs Colossus, you still would be outmatched i'm afraid.

But hey, I guess you just figured out something that none of the top 1% knew huh?
Reply Quote
The biggest thing I liked about Colossus was the absorb to magic damage. Ever since I've used Windsong I couldn't have been more solid that Colossus is kind of "meh". Can't wait for Dancing Steel once I get a better weapon.
Edited by Bassm on 2/5/2013 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can disagree with the Math all you'd like, however if you look up the ratio of tanks that use Dancing Steel vs Colossus, you still would be outmatched i'm afraid.

But hey, I guess you just figured out something that none of the top 1% knew huh?

I checked roughly 60 armories out of the top 206 parses(not counting the ones in offspec gear) for heroic Empress. I saw two Colossus's. I also saw two River's Songs. Everything else Dancing Steel and windsong with the vast majority being Dancing Steel. Given the relatively small % of kills on the boss I'd say that's a good chunk of the "top 1%."

Edit: And its looking the same way for Sha of Fear heroic, I'll freely admit garbage was an overstatement as its obviously possible to use. However to its equally inaccurate to try and make it seem as if its being used by more than a small number of prots at high levels.
Edited by Retsu on 2/5/2013 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]