Second trinket for Holy PvE

100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Oblivion
The chance to proc DP scales with how many HP you spent, ie it's a higher chance with 3 HP.

Where'd you get this info from? The tooltip doesn't say the more HP you spend the higher the chance

I believe there was a blue post about it? It's been this way since MoP started.

The proc chance scales linearly with HoPo spent, so it's something like 8%, 16%, 25%.
There is a lot of crap you would have to sift through in order to find anything from Blizzard officially stating the reduced proc chance/holy power, so it's probably best to just trust the Paladin community on this one.

Sweden kind of looks like a man's junk
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The chance to proc DP scales with how many HP you spent, ie it's a higher chance with 3 HP.

Where'd you get this info from? The tooltip doesn't say the more HP you spend the higher the chance

8% with 1 HP, 16% with 2 HP, and 25% with 3 HP.

Sorry about the lack of reply, I didn't notice you posted in the guide thread. I'll double check the level 75 talent section later - it's entirely possible that I'm still giving the wrong impression. Divine Purpose is not the be-all-end-all only answer, but as Miska said, Holy Avenger is pretty situational and not very friendly on the mana pool, but is amazing in those situations.

My hunch is that as our gear improves in future tiers, Holy Avenger will become more of a default choice with Divine Purpose being the talent we take on fights where HA is weak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL Arte, don't hate on my country!

And, since I am a forum creeper and so you don't just have to trust me:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/233359-beta-class-balance-analysis-pt-ii/#post801
Reply Quote

Pls try do a 1hp wog 100 times, and tell me if it procs DP 30%.... how long u been healing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No need to get hostile :( I think the OP just genuinly wants us to backup our claims.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Pls try do a 1hp wog 100 times, and tell me if it procs DP 30%.... how long u been healing?

How long have I been a pally healer for? Years. How long have I been healing with DP? 15 minutes in a LFR. Fail troll.

02/02/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Miskatonic
No need to get hostile :( I think the OP just genuinly wants us to backup our claims.

Not it. Considering I've only toyed around with DP for 15 minutes (cause HA has yet to fail me this xpac) it's only natural I ask you where you had read that seeing as how the tooltip doesn't say it and I really didn't want to waste my time in an actual raid with it by doing what the fail troll suggested I do if it's not going to work and will make me underperform. Same thing applies to the trinket question.

I had previously read this:

When healing large groups of people who are taking periodic raid damage, it may make sense to use Eternal Flame with 1 or 2 Holy Power to get it on as many people as possible, and spread your healing rather than focusing entirely on a few raid members. That being said, I would still try to keep a 3 HP Eternal Flame on the tanks if possible.

That's why I asked, cause he has DP specced and was advising or saying that non 3 hp EF's are viable so I figured it was some DP trick or something and decided I'd inquire about it further.
Edited by Oblivion on 2/2/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]