Surging lag issue

90 Pandaren Rogue
Hey, i never had this issue before when i first had my thunderbolt display. My set up is a late 2011 Macbook pro connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display (Clamshell mode). It seems when i launch wow it runs perfectly fine, after 4-5mins the fans inside the macbook begin to start getting louder and the surging lag begins.

I have looked at other issues like this and remedies but none have worked. Like reseting SMC and switching off graphics switching. I would really like to get this fixed because it renders my thunderbolt display useless :(

Thanks!
Edited by Zukafu on 1/29/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What happens when you don't put the MBP in clamshell mode? You may just want to crask it open a bit.

The thing is that in clamshell mode, the vents in the hinge of the MBP may be obstructed. Since WoW is graphic intense, it can be building up excess heat and thus the MBP tries to cool down by making the fans run faster.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
The macbook alone runs perfectly fine without the display. I have the macbook connected to the thunderbolt display with the macbook lid open. But im still getting the lag. Is there some way of turning the Macbook's internal display off?.... So that the thunderbolt is only on?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]