Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

100 Human Paladin
02/01/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
It would be a ridiculous change and make it pretty much mandatory to use in PVE.

Hmm well they're making our other 'mandatory' glyph better (TV)

I'm not sure what they want to do with glyphs still, because if they're too bad no one would use them, but if they're too good they're not 'choices' and become mandatory again.

They still havent been able to find that medium, either the glyph is really good and 'mandatory' or terrible and 'useless'
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
They still havent been able to find that medium, either the glyph is really good and 'mandatory' or terrible and 'useless'

They have with most glyphs. The only really mandatory glyph is TV, for Ret at least and no glyph is completely useless in my opinion. Some are better then others, but all of them are useful at some level depending on spec.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/1/2013 11:08 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
02/01/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

They have with most glyphs. The only really mandatory glyph is TV, for Ret at least and no glyph is completely useless in my opinion. Some are better then others, but all of them are useful at some level depending on spec.

Hmm I dont know about that, I find myself going ok "TV is glyphed, what do I want to screw around with the rest of the week for the other two" since they really dont appear to make much difference other than situational utility

But perhaps thats what they wanted all along.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
since they really dont appear to make much difference other than situational utility

Too me that's what they're supposed to be for, that's what makes them a choice and I think that's where Blizzard was going with them.

Are there adds that need to be controlled?

Will I be forced out of melee often?

Do I find myself using WoG to help in healing often?

Are there a significant amount of multiple adds?

Will this fight do heavy physical raid damage?

All of these are questions that can be answered with glyph choices.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/1/2013 11:19 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
If only the DP glyph reduced the HoF 'physical' magic damage =/
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haha, though slight tweaks to that could be an argument against daily quests

"Huzzah! The hero hath once again run many inconsequential errands, to fly through the wonderous zone, and oft returneth to...doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."

Hah, Chaz.
100 Human Paladin
Well it was kind of silly but I agree with the reasoning, you shouldn't be able to grind to exalted off of trash, there should be a point where the faction npcs go "Ok killing the minions doesn't impress us anymore, go kill something harder."
100 Draenei Paladin
Go to Tank a LFR Dread Approach, get in a random group on Garalon with some tard pulling and wiping the raid.

I'm trying to get Tank gear, I leave and just plan to wait and try for a full clear. Turns out some alts from my guild were in that run and got all pissed at me for leaving.

Just my luck to be put in a random group with them.

Not a guild function, my own free time, I'll do what I want. K thanks.

/end random venting
100 Human Paladin
Garalon can still wipe people in LFR?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
When people do it intentionally, yeah.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Too me that's what they're supposed to be for, that's what makes them a choice and I think that's where Blizzard was going with them.

Are there adds that need to be controlled?

Will I be forced out of melee often?

Do I find myself using WoG to help in healing often?

Are there a significant amount of multiple adds?

Will this fight do heavy physical raid damage?

All of these are questions that can be answered with glyph choices.

All that does is make them mandatory on a fight to fight basis. There is no middle ground between useless and necessary.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Not a guild function, my own free time, I'll do what I want. K thanks.

Sounds sensible to me.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Garalon can still wipe people in LFR?

02/01/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Cayse
When people do it intentionally, yeah.

All that does is make them mandatory on a fight to fight basis. There is no middle ground between useless and necessary.

I guess you can look at it that way...

02/01/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Muletia
Sounds sensible to me.

I thought so, thus was surprised by angry, indignant whispers.

Mule there's a Gnoam Paladin thread, why haven't you pounced on it yet?
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Mule there's a Gnoam Paladin thread, why haven't you pounced on it yet?

I don't read anything outside the Tanking forum Lounge, Paladin forum Libram and Proudmoore forums ..

*goes to read*
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Muletia
*goes to read*

I will freely admit that the thought of a little gnome running around throwing shields at peoples knees is adorable.

The war of my like of cute things vs my lore nerd street cred.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

:D
100 Draenei Paladin
I will freely admit that the thought of a little gnome running around throwing shields at peoples knees is adorable.

What's even more adorable is the thought of punting that gnome right behind the shield :D
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Snozberries
What's even more adorable is the thought of punting that gnome right behind the shield :D

You're only allowed to punt male Gnome .. or there will be hell to pay!
100 Draenei Paladin
02/01/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Muletia

You're only allowed to punt male Gnome .. or there will be hell to pay!

But the females have such an adorable squeak when punted :(
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Finally tracked down where various arena people (Vângüards) transferred to for their end of season titles.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]