Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

100 Blood Elf Paladin
All being in the same place makes it easier for them to jump around teams and play with new people... when all you really do is arena playing with the same team for months on end probably gets old.

Only reason they're out is for titles. Why be maybe gladiator (gladiator cutoff is hilariously small this season) on bloodlust when you can go to cyclone and be malevolent gladiator?
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah transferring servers each season for stuff like that, I could never be that serious I guess.

/random

Worked on Empress for a little bit tonight, once again someone didn't show so we had to train a replacement Healer who's never been there and is undergeared. /sigh

We know we have the DPS to make it to phase three now with only one add phase though so that makes things easier.

Now we just need time to play with phase three more.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/1/2013 10:54 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
Moar powerful sprints! Moar powerful snares! For all!

Snare and sprint after all the things!

XD
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/1/2013 11:21 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Got bored of WoW so decided to watch Terminator two again. Manly tears when he self terminated.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Tailias
I'm sure that would be a nice change for RBG's, however for PvE, I really would not like one of my level 90 talents that is supposed to be a nice damage (and healing) cooldown having a Frost Nova built in to it. It would be like... okay, lots of adds where a big AoE level 90 ability would be nice? Okay, don't take your big AoE level 90 ability, because the root means that if the tank sidesteps a tad too far, the mob is going to turn around and WTFPWN a melee in the face.

Your reasoning against a root makes sense. However, I think a stationary AoE with such a long duration can have a snare attached. PvE complaints against that are ridiculous IMO because a snare fits the very mechanics of the spell. So what if it's occasionally inconvenient?

The problem with the snare is it wouldn't be effective enough in PvP to warrant choosing Light's Hammer over Holy Prism. Back to the drawing board? lol

I knew they went to the same guild to team hop and play together, but I wondered what they were gonna do when it came time to decide the R1s this season. I guess they meant to transfer to a different server from the beginning. Makes sense.

I don't respect the methodical, business-like manner in which a lot of these players go about getting their titles. They're obviously very skilled, but this whole stacking a team and playing multiple comps is retarded. Don't even get me started on when they transfer servers.

Hmmmmmmm... /chin stroke

I don't know how they could possibly tailor melee for BGs. In general, the ranged/caster toolkits are just too good for that environment. Starting the fight from 40yds away will always be better than trying to get into (and stay in) melee range.

Interesting discussion, but I'm busy eating chicken and watching Homeland (which I just started today).
100 Draenei Paladin
I found out tonight just how terrible people are in LFR .. only just hit i460 (i458 equipped), did the first half of LFR MV.

I came 6th on Feng.

LOLWUT!?!?!?!?!?!
100 Draenei Paladin
02/02/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Hafleur
The problem with the snare is it wouldn't be effective enough in PvP to warrant choosing Light's Hammer over Holy Prism. Back to the drawing board? lol

If Hammer had comparable damage on impact to Holy Prism, it would likely be a stronger choice.

Execution Sentence could also use a bit of love in pvp, but it's the most boring out of three to begin with.

This particular quote from GC:
Something we hear a lot from Retribution is they want a little more “retribution” back in their kit. We don’t think passive and/or random reflection like Eye for an Eye or Retribution Aura were super interesting mechanics but we understand the attraction of the idea in general and we’ll consider something longer term.

seems really interesting. Perhaps something akin to Touch of Karma, but more as a revival of the old Reckbomb would be awesome. i.e. "Attack me for x damage when I pop this cooldown, and it attacks you back for a similar amount." Maybe working as a hand spell, since the name Hand of Reckoning is no longer used?
Edited by Snozberries on 2/2/2013 8:58 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
GC really getting into Ret problems.

This has to be a dream.

On a side note, I found this rather interesting in the thread.

02/01/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Paihn
When are you going to stop protecting that class? is insulting honestly, try finding some random mage in a BG, is the worst pvp experience ever, and i pvp on several games including tekken, mages without a pocket healer are god mode (tier S in tekken), why do they get a free pass?

I've been noticing a trend that, in MMOs, mages tend to always be on the more powerful side.

Mages in WoW are an obvious example. Another example is Elementalists in GW2. Bunker Elementalists are essentially bunker Guardians with more damage and a lot more mobility.
Edited by Shiralia on 2/2/2013 9:40 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
Mages tend to be built in MMOs as glass cannons. Then, when it turns out that playing like glass isn't fun, their defenses get buffed. And the result is big-!@# cannon.
100 Draenei Paladin
All this Ret PVP attention.

Time for some PVE attention. <_<

Lobby for SoR to not be useless! Buff DP! More sustained!
90 Tauren Paladin
02/02/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Buff DP

That'd be a buff to us PvPers that are stuck in our old ways of using Divine Purpose. XD
100 Human Paladin
Craziness, GC admitting melee inferior, continuing positive stuff about ret?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I found out tonight just how terrible people are in LFR .. only just hit i460 (i458 equipped), did the first half of LFR MV.

I came 6th on Feng.

LOLWUT!?!?!?!?!?!

http://i.imgur.com/FumuF6D.jpg LFR!

GC really getting into Ret problems.

This has to be a dream.

They've been flailing at it for a while, but generally silently. Him actually saying they're trying to figure out problems (both with ret, and with RBGs) probably gives them more actual traction than just making changes without saying why.

02/02/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Shiralia
Buff DP

That'd be a buff to us PvPers that are stuck in our old ways of using Divine Purpose. XD

It's not a bad thing. It underperforms on level ground with the other talents, while most of the rets I know use it for pvp, it is the least popular talent in both pvp and pve. Next tier's set bonus brings it up almost equal to the other two, but still behind. Problem is that it is the best talent for Holy, which does not need buffs.
100 Draenei Paladin
Problem is that it is the best talent for Holy, which does not need buffs.

This could easily be remedied with SW style effects per spec.

In fact more talents need to handle things that way, although it would make for some bloat but it's the only way to get effective balance across the board.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/2/2013 12:20 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been saying I wanted something Retributiony for years, and only now does he acknowledge that. Disgraceful.
90 Tauren Paladin
Well, I'm stuck in a pickle for Fallout: New Vegas.

For the Brotherhood of Steel questline, I decided to oust McNamara earlier and put Hardin in charge.

Fastforward, I am now at the Brotherhood of Steel part for the quest "For the Republic!" and I can't resolve the conflict peacefully because I put Hardin in charge earlier in the game.

>.<
Edited by Shiralia on 2/2/2013 5:19 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]