Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

100 Human Paladin
If it was in Chicago, the servers are probably shot.

Badum tish.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/05/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Along with that they added one for Lei Shin, which said defeated before patch 5.4, which goes to show that after the Thunder King patch there will be another 'story' patch like 5.1 before the next raid.

Yeah, GC announced 5.3 wouldn't have a new raid tier (and therefore no new season) awhile back in his twitter. Didn't make big news though, people were more worried about mage and warrior changes lol.

I'm hoping 5.3 at least brings things like new instances. Supposedly it might have that "cool unannounced feature" GC hinted about.

02/05/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Bassm
...I... am not liking bear tanks for some reason. Maybe it's her or maybe it's me but... RL is pretty much telling me I should've tanked the fight. Granted the cleave means low Vengeance, but I had threat within 40 seconds of the fight. >_>; I even HoS to clear the threat, and she doesn't really charge to the other bosses.

I *LOVE* Spirit Kings, but it really is an encounter where Tank needs to pay attention - only thing DPS need to do is get out of bad stuff and break people out of arrows. About the threat thing, have you tried using HoS before entering your burst cycle? Usually helps me a bit when I'm Retting out that fight.
Edited by Jackishi on 2/5/2013 3:23 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/05/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
If it was in Chicago, the servers are probably shot.

you should feel ashamed of yourself chaz.
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/05/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Bassm
...I... am not liking bear tanks for some reason.

I think you've just got a bad Bear. Only time I've done Spirit Kings on reg, we had a Bear tank it; he never lost aggro, though he did hesitate on a few Flanks. It really is a tank-dependent fight, though everyone does need to keep eyes open for various things. Downside to that is that you can actually pay too much attention to mechanics, and move too early and have your tank go the other way.
100 Human Paladin
02/05/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Idoma
you should feel ashamed of yourself chaz.

I regret nothing
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It doesn't really matter who has aggro for the first boss of Spirit Kings, though, does it? He doesn't do normal melees.
02/05/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Elidra
It doesn't really matter who has aggro for the first boss of Spirit Kings, though, does it? He doesn't do normal melees.

He does cleaves, but it can affect me if Flanking Orders comes up and the bear wants to rip it to the other side I was going to take it (it happened).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/05/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Bassm
He does cleaves, but it can affect me if Flanking Orders comes up and the bear wants to rip it to the other side I was going to take it (it happened).

That's a coordination issue, then. Raid leader should be calling where to move the boss so that everyone is in sync.
02/05/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Elidra

That's a coordination issue, then. Raid leader should be calling where to move the boss so that everyone is in sync.

Actually, I think that was one of the few times he was silent for some reason or he was rambling about something else.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/05/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Along with that they added one for Lei Shin, which said defeated before patch 5.4, which goes to show that after the Thunder King patch there will be another 'story' patch like 5.1 before the next raid.

My bets are on a lead-up to Garrosh's corruption.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/05/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Snozberries
My bets are on a lead-up to Garrosh's corruption.

/groan

Don't say that.

I swear if they pull "LOL I WAS CORRUPTED!!" with Garrosh I will have an aneurism.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Immediately going from Skyrim to WoW is visually jarring - I now have a migraine. >_<
90 Human Paladin
Wow, ranked at 32nd on Heroic Stone Guard tonight, woot! 240k deeps
100 Draenei Paladin
/groan

Don't say that.

I swear if they pull "LOL I WAS CORRUPTED!!" with Garrosh I will have an aneurism.

Eh. Sha energies can't take root unless it's already there. And Garrosh has already shown himself more than willing to take hold of the corruption, believing he can control it. It's natural progression that the corruption is more than he can handle, and overwhelms him.

Either that, or maybe the Horde becomes so horrified by his continued experiments that Vol'jin is able to stage an open revolt. Every one of the Horde leaders has reason to hate him already, except for orcs. And all it would take is Thrally-sue to step into the picture to get them all against him.

Although that still leaves the question of what happens to make both the Horde and Alliance on his doorstep at the very same time. It's not like Varian is nearly as gung-ho to do more than contain Horde expansion these days.

Actually... It would be really awesome if Garrosh landed near mortal blows against Thrall and/or Jaina. That would be something that would leave both sides without their major character capable of leveling Org to the ground.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm all for Jaina getting mortally wounded. For Thrall though, Aggra should die. That leaves Thrall broken far worse and adds a little diversity. No DragonSoul-duken for you, Green Jesus!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh... freaking pugs can't handle avoiding the stuff from spirit kings. No serious raiding guild in my server too.
100 Draenei Paladin
Empress down woot!

Got my normal tier chest to boot. Now on to Terrace next raid night.
100 Draenei Paladin
Yay, grats! \o/

Right, this video .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5Dm0cVgSs

The Paladin has some vertical bars either side of his action bars tracking things like trinket procs, AW/GoAK, etc ..

Does anybody know what addon it is?
Edited by Muletia on 2/5/2013 10:50 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yay, grats! \o/

Right, this video .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5Dm0cVgSs

The Paladin has some vertical bars either side of his action bars tracking things like trinket procs, AW/GoAK, etc ..

Does anybody know what addon it is?

The floating text? Or the things way off to the sides?
100 Draenei Paladin
02/05/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
The floating text? Or the things way off to the sides?

The bars I've put a black box around either side: http://i.imgur.com/jSUVVkO.png
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]