Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

100 Human Paladin
01/31/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
A WoW movie would be far better in full, high quality CGI anyway.

Yea but I hear doing it that way would be far too expensive and take too long.

Graphics would be outdated by the time it was done.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
when was the last decent film of a video game made? i'm sure there have been some....i just can't remember.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're currently working on heroic empress. Healers keep going oom halfway through even with 4 of them, so I'm not really sure what's up there.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Idoma
when was the last decent film of a video game made? i'm sure there have been some....i just can't remember.

That one FF7 movie was okay.

Yea but I hear doing it that way would be far too expensive and take too long.

It would be expensive and it would take awhile, but it would look so much better. As for the graphics being dated by the time it was done meh, as long as it's quality work it won't matter.

If that were a great fear no CGI movies would be made at all.
100 Human Paladin
01/31/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

Well most are stylized, not cutting edge graphics.
100 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

I don't think WoW would lend itself well to super realistic graphics to begin with so stylized would probably be best.
90 Tauren Paladin
01/31/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Tailias
Long

When will game devs(especially MMO devs) learn that long, drawn out battles are boring? :|

Dark Souls actually got it right. The bosses in Dark Souls would die really fast...

If it wasn't for the fact that you spent most your time blocking and dodging from the boss.
Edited by Shiralia on 1/31/2013 11:45 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
01/31/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
I don't think WoW would lend itself well to super realistic graphics to begin with so stylized would probably be best.

True, but it wouldnt be the quality of the SC 2 trailer or anything.
100 Draenei Paladin

True, but it wouldnt be the quality of the SC 2 trailer or anything.

I'd be quite happy with the standard WoW trailer quality or even slightly less. The Orc and Human in the MoP trailer looked amazing.

If it had to be a bit more stylized I don't think it'd be so bad.

Regardless I think live action is going to be horrible.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/31/2013 11:56 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
Well, if its Lord of the Rings quality, it wont be bad.

If its Dungeons & Dragons quality...then yea..
90 Dwarf Paladin

Wrath of the Dragon God wasn't that terrible, though. At least the Rogue was awesome.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/31/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

i think wow's cartoony graphics and models are probably why it aged so well compared to other games.

01/31/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

i kind of want a wow saturday morning cartoon. i'm not sure the movie format really lends it self well to conversion from an mmo.
100 Draenei Paladin
Finished the valor quest finally, now I get to PVPz. Yay.

And see if I can get some people to kill that stupid Orc.

01/31/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Idoma
i'm not sure the movie format really lends it self well to conversion from an mmo.

I think it would.

WoW has sprawling, expansive and epic lore. Even if it is poorly written at times and full of holes.

But imagine the Third War as a movie, or the War of the Ancients, or the Battle of Shattrath or the escape from Argus. (Ha. Like the Draenei will even be in the movie.)

I can just imagine the visuals.

Could be some real LoTR type stuff. I do hope the movie is actually a movie of something that has happened in WoW and not some horrid original script of horribleness.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/31/2013 12:42 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, if its Lord of the Rings quality, it wont be bad.

Hey now... I'm sure Marlon Wayans would be more than happy to be in this movie.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thing is, if you look at the Warcraft movie as Warcraft, and not "WoW," there's certainly potential for it to be good, even great. Warcraft's lore was actually pretty expansive, interesting, and detailed (except for certain godawful Retcons and Knaaks) while the games were purely RTS and D&D. WoW had to water down the story a bit (or a lot, in many cases -.-) for practicality's sake, but if they can capture the magic of, for example, WC3's story, or the better books like Lord of the Clans and The Last Guardian, I could see the movie having a real shot.

Like Caden said, I'd love it to be CGI, though I agree with Chaz that it's probably gonna be Live Action, albeit with a lot of stylized CGI thrown in to capture that "Warcraft" feeling.

What I hope it isn't is a tie-in to an expansion, because like the novels, those usually end up being terrible simply because most of the tie-ins try too hard to "fit into" the story instead of simply "being" a story, if that makes sense.
100 Draenei Paladin
All of my want for Draenei to play a significant role in the movie, but that would either mean it would have to take place post BC or focus on what the Draenei were up too before they came to the Alliance.

Hmmm. There could be an interesting dual story in the movie, one part on Azeroth and the other on Draenor leading up to the First War.

I'll be happy if it doesn't solely focus on Humans and Orcs.

/random

Holy hell pet battle nerfs.

Rest in peace my sweet, sweet robo kitty.

/tear
100 Human Paladin
01/31/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I'll be happy if it doesn't solely focus on Humans and Orcs.

I wouldnt hold your breath on that one.
100 Human Paladin
they need to cast all the dudes as huge linebacker guys with small heads, including the wizards.

also, make sure to leave out gnomes entirely because they've never been represented as existing in any other WoW movie, so there's no reason to put them this one!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/31/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Nonsense. Even the cinematics from WCIII still look pretty good.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]