Are Holy Priests under powered?

90 Pandaren Shaman
01/29/2013 04:31 AMPosted by Herbicide
I get what you are saying and yes that was just one instance but the entire idea of this thread was I was noticing a trend of being out class by those two classes over multiple LFR runs.

Maybe you're just bad.

Or better yet maybe...

LFR doesn't matter, at all, ever. It could be solo healed. Easily. Its a joke. Your "trends" mean nothing. Get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I LOVE holy on LFR Garalon. I just did it a few minutes ago, it's sure a lot easier on a 473 holy priest than a 485 disc priest. I mean PoH groups aren't set up, but I'm still far ahead of my own disc priest and not far behind my 480 monk.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Holy isn't bad at all, it's just that Disc is so absurdly overpowered right now that nobody wants to play Holy.

(Except me)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just want my extra 30% regen back, now. Otherwise I'm very happy with the 5.2 notes. But I want more regen. I feel like I go oom so fast. That and I'm wicked squishy but that's getting fixed in 5.2 :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Bubbling is worth it on Gara'jal (assuming you don't have a disc priest in the raid)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think holy priests are underpowered at all. I've been playing holy for years, through many many ups and downs, even when I have been told I am stupid for doing so. What I find happens with holy is that there are so many possible ways to play based on different fights that it takes real experience to execute it to the best of its potential. I chakra swap regularly (cd and all, it is possible). I can roll into inner will during times of lower damage and cast renew and other instant spells for days without mana loss. I can roll back into fire for heavy damage and do amazing throughput during sustained raid wide damage.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to do a whole lot of real raiding this expansion since my guilds keep dissolving, but when I have been able to jump into a raid situation, I have tended to top charts on most fights even though I'm getting to the point where I am starting to fall behind in gear from consistent raiders. LFR is just laughable. I regularly carry 20-30% of the healing done. Even during LFR full of stupid, I usually have enough mana to make it to the end (even if barely, I don't think I need more than the fight requires). Common mistakes I see holy priests make that contribute to mana issues: cascade spam when not enough people are at low health and using PoH inefficiently. Holy has a million tools at its disposal, and using them creatively is great fun IMHO.

I will agree that disc is OP and overshadowing holy, but I think holy is on par with other healers this expansion. (And I have played other healers).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy is good, but at the end of the day it is just another reactive healer.

Disc on the other hand is unique. What the spec brings to raid has no equal. Large shields (PW:S & DA), really big shield for the entire raid on a 1 minuted CD (SS), and the highest HPM/HPS filler heal which on at least six hard mode fights become the highest HPM/HPS heal period.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy's issues are:

1. Piss poor mana regen.
2. The abomination that is Chakra
3. Crappy CoH and Sanctuary
4. Not viable in PvP

5. Devs who don't give a crap.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Holy was 99% CoH spam then they put a cooldown on it and never bothered to compensate for it. Two expansions later here we are...
Edited by Positivity on 1/30/2013 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]