Whiny pugs

90 Night Elf Death Knight
So I'm in a dungeon and needing on plate Strength gear for my frost DK...

I win two pieces of gear and the tank cries about each one. Apparently, DK's aren't supposed to need on gear PUG tanks can use? The party backs the tank and calls for a kick. I simply left and took my new gear with me.

Seriously, was I out of line?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
There are lots of idiots that play this game. Just ignore them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you can need on a piece of gear the tank can't say anything, if they complained about it tell them to suck it up. You won it and they didn't >.>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Nope, you won it fair and square. It'll only be "not so nice" if you purposely roll Need on something that will not benefit you (eg. Agility staff) and you did it to stick it to that Panda monk.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The gear doesn't belong to anyone until the rolls determine a winner. Plain and simple.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Not saying it's right or wrong but I can see why they got annoyed, especially the tank. Neither your mainspec or offspec is tank related.

The 2 items you took had tank specific stats on them:

dodge + parry on one item
dodge + mastery on the other

I personally would have passed it onto the tank but you won it fair and square so it's your loot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not really, you won the items, if they are pieces with tank stats I woulda been mad as you just stated your a Frost DK, but I wouldn't have kicked you, myself when I run with someone that needs on tank stuff I just warn them if they are going to need on tank stuff then i'm rolling on dps stuff, plain and simple normally I pass on dps gear unless i'm actually dpsing in the dungeon, if i'm not dpsing then I pass unless dps rolls on tank gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I would have kicked you out of the group as well....

I cant begin to tell you how many times I have joined a group trying to gear my character out and finally a piece drops and a DPS that was fine rolling on dps gear the entire time steals that piece...

I personally ask a tank if he needs a piece of gear before I roll need on it.

The other way I think is a decent thing to do would be to at least let the tank know when you join the group that you are trying to build a tank set and you will be rolling as tank gear as your main spec.

I bet you would be pissed if some really great DPS gear that you spent the past week trying to get to drop finally dropped and your tank or healer took it.
Edited by Influenced on 1/30/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yeah it is pore etiquete to take gear the tank is there for and you are not. not to mention that gear is not for frost so your really just taking stuff that is terrible for you anyway. you should ask first if it is ok to roll on it. I would have kicked you.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
If it was tank gear, justified.

If not, different story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My monk got kicked from a group for taking an agi ring from a hunter.

"melee youse strength"
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My monk got kicked from a group for taking an agi ring from a hunter.

"melee youse strength"
Nerf DK's
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hell, I've needed on lock boxes in LFR and they tried to kick me...

I would have kicked you too, ya don't need on tank gear if you're a dps. That just makes you a d0uche bag. Unless you ask first and they don't need it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I probably would have kicked you too. You didn't just need on strength plate, you needed on dodge/parry plate, both of which are universally recognized as tank stats.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
01/29/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Deathquoi
There are lots of idiots that play this game. Just ignore them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you want something roll on it. It doesn't matter if it isn't related to the spec you're currently playing. YOU WANT IT, YOU GOT IT. That's like telling a tank he can't do instances to get DPS gear. I promise you they would !@#$% about that too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
01/29/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Deydrania

Sounds like the OP was needing on gear he\she can use as a Frost DK?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm amused by the people who misread this and think he was needing on tank gear as a dps. Reread

I win two pieces of gear and the tank cries about each one. Apparently, DK's aren't supposed to need on gear PUG tanks can use? The party backs the tank and calls for a kick. I simply left and took my new gear with me.

Sounds like a lot of people have knee jerk kick responses.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
don't roll gear if it's your off spec. dont be a jew
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I can see a tank being upset on me rolling on tank gear. It goes both ways. What if the tank didn't even need the gear just wanted extra stuff to DE and Vendor? Lots of unknowns. But honestly if you don't even have a tanking spec or even want to tank in the future then you were a douche for rolling need in the first place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]