Whiny pugs

Yes, all DK's are scrubs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I would have kicked you out of the group as well....

I cant begin to tell you how many times I have joined a group trying to gear my character out and finally a piece drops and a DPS that was fine rolling on dps gear the entire time steals that piece...

I personally ask a tank if he needs a piece of gear before I roll need on it.

The other way I think is a decent thing to do would be to at least let the tank know when you join the group that you are trying to build a tank set and you will be rolling as tank gear as your main spec.

I bet you would be pissed if some really great DPS gear that you spent the past week trying to get to drop finally dropped and your tank or healer took it.

He was needing on DPS gear, moron.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
SOK

I cant begin to tell you how many times I have joined a group trying to gear my character out and finally a piece drops and a DPS that was fine rolling on dps gear the entire time steals that piece...

I personally ask a tank if he needs a piece of gear before I roll need on it.

The other way I think is a decent thing to do would be to at least let the tank know when you join the group that you are trying to build a tank set and you will be rolling as tank gear as your main spec.

I bet you would be pissed if some really great DPS gear that you spent the past week trying to get to drop finally dropped and your tank or healer took it.

Was he? I guess I didn't know what he meant by "strength gear." As far as my inexperienced self knows, both tanking and dps gear would have strength on them...along with other stats, which might include mitigation stats or otherwise.

If the problem was that he was rolling need on gear that's obviously for a spec that he didn't have, then yeah. Boot him.

If the problem was that he happened to win two rolls on gear that could go either way, then it's irritating, but I wouldn't boot him.

As originally stated, it's not quite clear what was going on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Was he? I guess I didn't know what he meant by "strength gear." As far as my inexperienced self knows, both tanking and dps gear would have strength on them...along with other stats, which might include mitigation stats or otherwise.

If the problem was that he was rolling need on gear that's obviously for a spec that he didn't have, then yeah. Boot him.

If the problem was that he happened to win two rolls on gear that could go either way, then it's irritating, but I wouldn't boot him.

The term "strength gear" pretty much never refers to tank gear.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
SOK

The term "strength gear" pretty much never refers to tank gear.

Huh, interesting.

It seems kind of silly. I'm not sure why we'd refer to something as "strength gear" in lieu of "tank gear" or "dps gear" unless the items would be acceptable for either, making the distinction debatable. And if that's the case, I've always thought it was good form to share the upgrades. Though I wouldn't boot someone for being lucky in getting multiple upgrades.
Edited by Minz on 2/4/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/04/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Fluidzs
don't roll gear if it's your off spec. dont be a jew

This.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I like how she tried to word it like it could have been dps gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DKs are winning "need rolls"
Better nerf DKs...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
@Deathquoi - except he/she wasn't needing on DPS gear. It was tank gear. If you look at the items this person received at the time of the original post, they were 2 pieces of tank gear.

edit: Ok make a liar out of me ... I don't see the items in the Activity Feed anymore =/ But I did check when I first saw the post. There were 2 items this person received from the same 5man, clearly with tanking stats (which I listed on my first post 6 days ago).
Edited by Kragzon on 2/5/2013 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Deathquoi She needed on axebreaker gauntlets and another piece of tank gear. I want to say belt, but I can't remember exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Just checked your recent activity and everything you have obtained is perfect for frost dk. Don't listen to the crybaby tanks in pugs. You weren't wrong at all for needing on a piece you NEED.

01/30/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Influenced

You also must have misread the OP's post.
Edited by Ruthlèss on 2/5/2013 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/04/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Minz
I've always thought it was good form to share the upgrades.

Screw that, tanks don't need to share anything when they get a piece. Why should DPS?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Just checked your recent activity and everything you have obtained is perfect for frost dk. Don't listen to the crybaby tanks in pugs. You weren't wrong at all for needing on a piece you NEED.

You also must have misread the OP's post.

For some reason the activity feed is not showing the items this person looted when the original post was made. He/She took 2 items that were clearly tank items. At level 88/89 when this person made the post, about half of the items equipped were tank gear from dungeons.

The current gear is itemized properly but the current gear is not what the original post was about.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
OP: Unless you were rolling on gear that was specifically for tanks then you were in the right and that group was in the wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]