Macro Help? - Hand of Sacrifice

90 Human Paladin
I'm currently using "/cast [@mouseover,exists] [] Hand of X" for all of my hands, so I can either mouse over the character, raid frame or target the player and cast a hand on them. All of them work fine except for Sacrifice. I can target and mouse over the player and cast the spell fine, but it will not work if I mouse over the raid frame and attempt to cast it. Can I please get some help with this issue? Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help]Hand of Sacrifice;Hand of Sacrifice

Here's what mine looks like. I'm thinking yours should work... maybe check spelling and your macro syntax?

Sometimes I hit period when I should be hitting comma.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you, but it doesn't seem to work for me, I can still target and cast, mouseover the player and cast, but it doesn't let me mouse over the player in the raid frames and cast. I double checked the spelling and syntax of both your macro and mine and they're correct. I assume you can mouseover the player in raid frames and cast it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya, it works for me in raids. Odd :x
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sounds like possibly some kind of issue with your raidframes, rather than the macro?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All other macros of the sort, using different hands work with my raid frames. I'm currently using standard Blizz raid frames.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Weird, I dunno what to tell you.

The only thing special about Hand of Sacrifice is that it can't be self-targeted, but I don't see why that would cause issues with raid frames.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Good news everyone, the Sacrifices are flowing again! I fixed the problem, I changed the bind I use for it. Apparently mouse3 won't allow me to mouse over people in raid frames and cast it.
Thank you both for your help ^_^ very much appreciated.

Edit: I just tried it again with mouse3 but without a target and not mouse-ing over anything, the curser with glow and it WILL allow me to cast it on raidframes while the curser glows.
GYPSY MAGIC IS AT HAND
Edited by Hurcules on 1/29/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sounds like you have a lua file error, which can be tough to correct.

SJ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]