Need for Heroic LFR. Current LFR too easy.

90 Blood Elf Mage
For those of us not in a raiding guild, LFR has been great but for one problem. That is that it is far too easy. I would like to see an heroic level LFR where the loot and difficulty scale closer to the regular raid levels. Has Blizzard considered creating an heroic level LFR??
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
While this is something I would be interested in, I doubt that there are enough people who want this to justify it. It will still be filled with too many people expecting to be carried or get free loot.

The closest thing you can do right now is to go join a server that has a thriving PUG community. Then you can experience normal difficulty raids without needing to join a raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Isn't this just normal modes?
Now it sounds like you want Normal mode raids put into an automatic "group finder" like LFD and LFR.

Unless we want something between current LFR and normal difficulty...
LFR MSV @ 476
LFR H MSV @ 483
Normal MSV @ 489

LFR HoF @ 483
LFR H HoF @ 489
Normal HoF @ 496
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A harder version of LFR requires communication, co-ordination and planning. No one doing LFR has or wants to spend the time working on bosses with people they are randomly put together with.

Of course there are people who definitely want to do this, they are normal raider's.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
Heroic LFR is called normal mode.

Considering you haven't killed anything on normal, that should be right up your sleeve!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I made a thread in a different section asking people who just run LFR if they considering themselves real raiders.

But, @OP

Considering you haven't killed anything on normal, that should be right up your sleeve!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
**remembers the first day LFR Garalon went live** Yeah... no, lets not do that again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I still vote for April Fool's day they swap LFR and heroic difficulty around. Now THAT would be fun to watch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Why don't you find a raiding guild that suits your play time? Or transfer to a server that pugs normal content a lot if you don't want to be in a guild.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/29/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Deepchill
**remembers the first day LFR Garalon went live** Yeah... no, lets not do that again.

lol yeah i know what you mean. heroic lfr garalon. yeah. let's not
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
All of T14 should be able to be done cross realm in 5.2 as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Blizzard learned their lesson with T11 heroic dungeons. "Hard" content + random people = no.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 1/29/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Your question has been answered in this thread and by Blizzard. Blizzard has learned you can't throw random people together and ask them to be patient enough to progress through difficult content. Especially when even if you spend 2-3 hours learning the fight, the next time you get in there, you might have 24 new people who will need to spend 2-3 hours learning the fight or 24 people who don't care and just want to be carried.

If you want more content or a bigger challenge, the the first challenge you have to overcome is finding a group that fits your play style and schedule; you have to make an effort. Blizzard can't hand everything to you on a silver platter (although they try).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/29/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Zikx
Now THAT would be fun to watch.

I would constantly queue for vizier for the laughs.

And OP H LFR is normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The problem is finding a guild that will actually do runs. Most guilds have their main team set, and aren't interested in having a second group, or say they're getting one together, so you realm/faction transfer your main only to be told 3 weeks later "yeah, we decided not to do that, sorry". I've leveled toons on 3 different servers (and always toons that a guild says they need), and still haven't done any regular raids, only LFR. And pugs tend to only want players that already know the fights. Yeah, I know LFR versions of fights, but there are enough differences to catch people off guard if they haven't done the regular version before, and rather than spending 10 seconds to explain their strategy for that boss, they just boot you from the group.

I don't want everything handed to me on a silver platter, I just want people that have a speck of patience. Not everybody can learn everything in a fight from reading it on the internet or watching a video. Some of us have to actually experience it to figure it out properly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You cannot have an LFR encounter of any real difficulty. Players will not rise to the occasion, they will just wipe repeatedly, as pre-nerf LFR Garalon showed. Putting 25 random players of questionable skill and intelligence together will not put together a group capable of the coordination and skill needed for anything more difficult than current LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
01/29/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Clyssia
The problem is finding a guild that will actually do runs

1)Find a raiding guild on your server.
2)App to said guild.
3)Get into said guild.
4)Out perform ______ (the role you're applying for)
5)Get into raid spot.

/profit
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
The problem is finding a guild that will actually do runs

1)Find a raiding guild on your server.
2)App to said guild.
3)Get into said guild.
4)Out perform ______ (the role you're applying for)
5)Get into raid spot.

/profit
cant do step 3, 4 or 5 unless they raid at the times you are available, which is the OP's problem
Edited by Jola on 1/29/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/29/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Deepchill

Yeah, I remember. My lfr got him on the 3rd try. lfr needs to be harder, but not as hard as normal raiding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]