Need for Heroic LFR. Current LFR too easy.

90 Blood Elf Mage
01/29/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Jola
cant do step 3, 4 or 5 unless they raid at the times you are available, which is the OP's problem

Actually OP just says he is "not in a raiding guild" and doesn't elaborate on why.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
01/29/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Mahourai
cant do step 3, 4 or 5 unless they raid at the times you are available, which is the OP's problem

Actually OP just says he is "not in a raiding guild" and doesn't elaborate on why.

Don't argue with the current village moron.
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
01/29/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Mahourai

sorry i meant the poster you quoted
Reply Quote
Last week in LFR we wiped on Will due to the tanks tanking in the wrong spot and a ret pally with righteous fury on.

The week before we wiped on LFR Will due to dps not killing adds, but it was only 10s to the enrage timer anyway (LFR has enrage timers, who knew?).

The week before that we wiped on LFR due to dps not killing adds. And the week before that wiped on LFR due to dps not killing adds. And I'm pretty sure we wiped for the same reason the week before that too.

Hard mode LFR? It's already plenty hard for most people.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I remember the nerf cries when Will and Garalon were new.

I can't even imagine what Amber Shaper would be like if the explosions could actually be harmful. Ditto with Wind Bombs on Wind Lord.

If you want harder content, pug normal mode. Upping LFR's difficulty will just be a !@#$% fest on the forums.

No thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You'll get your wish when 5.2 comes out, and all the hardcore raiders (by which I mean the people on the forum who call themself 'casual') stop running T14 LFR. Then you'll be lucky to get any bosses down in T14 LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Last week in LFR we wiped on Will due to the tanks tanking in the wrong spot and a ret pally with righteous fury on.

The week before we wiped on LFR Will due to dps not killing adds, but it was only 10s to the enrage timer anyway (LFR has enrage timers, who knew?).

There's no hard enrage timer on LFR Will. What happens is that the fourth titan gas never goes away, so the healers will run out of mana fairly quickly.

This is after 12 minutes, it's unclear how you would last 12 minutes without killing adds. If LFR goes that long it's because some derp leader has told the melee to kill adds, and pick their nose when there are no adds up.
Reply Quote

There's no hard enrage timer on LFR Will. What happens is that the fourth titan gas never goes away, so the healers will run out of mana fairly quickly.

This is after 12 minutes, it's unclear how you would last 12 minutes without killing adds. If LFR goes that long it's because some derp leader has told the melee to kill adds, and pick their nose when there are no adds up.

I was healing on my pally, shaking my head in amazement the entire time at how terrible the dps was.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
The reality is, many LFRs do end up wiping.

I was once in an LFR where we wiped on Tsulong due to hitting the enrage timer. It was scary. We had I think only 4 dps (myself included) that were pulling more than 40k.

That being said, I would support an overall increase in difficulty in LFR. I think that there should be a greater willingness to wipe, to learn, and to improve that doesn't exist within the typical LFR player. I feel it's especially justified given the quality of gear that drops in LFR right now.
Reply Quote
"boss 2 hard plz nurf"

Some time later...

"boss 2 ez pls buff"

In all seriousness though, it wouldn't work. The majority of the people in LFR just don't seem to be able to research anything or put forth any amount of effort,whether they just don't care or don't have time for it, and they would still queue for heroic mode to attempt to get carried.

Edit: typos OP
Edited by Bakiya on 1/30/2013 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
For the comments about "join a guild". I used to be in a raiding guild. I raided for 5 years with guilds. Then I stopped playing WoW for 2 years then came back. I cant commit the time needed to raid with a guild. My schedule is too eratic. I have considered it, but I think that I wouldn't be able to define my time committments enough.

There arent many PUG's on Kargath, my server. I think that LFR is a nice format to do that in. I don't think that getting a bunch of folks together in iLVL 480 gear would be much of a problem for the LFR. It already has that logic built into it and those people would be able to tackle the normal mode pretty easily.

The only issue is bringing them together. I think LFR could do that. What would it hurt? The other thing that would be nice would be the ability to continue with the current group from LFR to the normal content. How often I have been in an LFR where we all seem to know the fights and we cut through the content like butter. To press a button to continue to normal mode would work for those groups and I'll bet those folks would welcome that functionality also.

For those saying it is all too hard, these are much easier then the WotLK raids. I think a group could handle the content pretty easily. Especially if there was an iLVL minimum.
Edited by Xzerqces on 1/31/2013 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ilvl wouldn't weed out the derps. There are people that have been LFR-ing, Valor Capping, and Upgrading that might have an ilvl close to 495-500 that have never done a normal raid, that are also outright terrible.

And just because a group cuts through LFR doesn't mean it stands a chance in normal. The only groups that wouldn't completely fail in normal would be ones that, by chance, have a large number of players that have already done normal.

Just remember.. you're able to completely ignore the majority of significant mechanics in LFR, there are absolutely zero serious DPS/healing checks, and also no coordination requirement whatsoever. The same does not hold true for normal.
Edited by Dayuv on 1/31/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/31/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Xzerqces
It already has that logic built into it and those people would be able to tackle the normal mode pretty easily.

It does have that logic built in but the notion that 10/25 strangers can come together with out any strategy, guarantee of VOIP and no mandatory expriece is 100% false. Normal isn't hard but it does require both strategy and coordination. Having an alright (being generous for 480) ilvl speaks nothing to your ability to actually play the game. Gear *SOMETIMES* reflected skill in BC because in order to get gear you had to actually kill real raid bosses. Now you can just afk LFR or do simple daily quests. Ilvl means nothing.

The only issue is bringing them together. I think LFR could do that. What would it hurt? The other thing that would be nice would be the ability to continue with the current group from LFR to the normal content. How often I have been in an LFR where we all seem to know the fights and we cut through the content like butter. To press a button to continue to normal mode would work for those groups and I'll bet those folks would welcome that functionality also.

The reason these groups run smooth is likely because it contains raiders who already do normal/heroic with their guilds. If you think they want to waste their save carrying a bunch of strangers to a LFR normal that probably won't full clear anyways you are out of your mind.

For those saying it is all too hard, these are much easier then the WotLK raids.

#notsureiftrollingorjuststupid
Edited by Ninjablaze on 1/31/2013 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/29/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Clyssia
Most guilds have their main team set

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011639/

This entire forum would like to disagree with you. There is a huge cross section of guilds out there doing all levels of content at all levels of progression at every conceivable raid time, looking for every class and spec (except warlocks, theres about 10,000 warlocks out there right now).

People who "do not have time to raid" generally mean "I'm either too lazy to try to find a guild that works for me, so terrible that no guild will keep me, so anti-social I can't bear to be around others at ALL, or such a %#%!%#@@ that other people can't stand to be around me".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Now ive seen everything. I'm the mightiest ant in the land!

Question: why not do a real raid? that's your heroic LFR
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oh god no... thats what real raids are for. There are a very large number of people who think they are heroic raid material but play so poorly, and if they could que for it... have mercy on our souls.
Edited by Pyrogenic on 1/31/2013 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

For those saying it is all too hard, these are much easier then the WotLK raids. I think a group could handle the content pretty easily. Especially if there was an iLVL minimum.

Did you really just say that? Please don't base the difficulty of a tier off of LFR. (Not trying to be mean, just saying you should try a normal mode before saying the tier is easy)

As someone who raided in Wrath and now in MoP, these raids overall are much harder. (Yes there were some really difficult fights in Wrath. But for every 1 guild demolisher fight there were 3 push overs.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Heroic LK took longer than this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Especially if there was an iLVL minimum.

Well the problem with ILVL is that it says NOTHING about your skill. All Ilvl means is that you were present when a boss died and you got some loot or you did some dailies.

I personally don't care if people want a heroic LFR, but I certainly wouldn't touch it with a 4387538452 ft pole. That's what normals are for, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Helagoth
Most guilds have their main team set

This entire forum would like to disagree with you. There is a huge cross section of guilds out there doing all levels of content at all levels of progression at every conceivable raid time, looking for every class and spec (except warlocks, theres about 10,000 warlocks out there right now).

Please, quote my entire sentence, not just the portion you want to pick apart.

*ACTUAL QUOTE* Most guilds have their main team set, and aren't interested in having a second group, or say they're getting one together, so you realm/faction transfer your main only to be told 3 weeks later "yeah, we decided not to do that, sorry". I've leveled toons on 3 different servers (and always toons that a guild says they need). *END QUOTE*

I know that there is a forum for guilds looking for members, however I do not have the money to be server changing frequently (and I've already done a server and/or faction change to get with a group that "needs" me, only to find out they got someone else, decided they don't want my class, etc). I can't get experience in regular raids because I can't get into a PUG/raiding guild because I don't have experience in regular raids. See where the problem happens?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]