Need for Heroic LFR. Current LFR too easy.

90 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Saying that people in (B) "should do normal modes" is failing to understand the OP's situation.

Then they should (C) go to a better server.

So Normal and Heroic raids are classified as premium content if you happen to pick the wrong server?

That's wonderful logic.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
So Normal and Heroic raids are classified as premium content if you happen to pick the wrong server?

That's wonderful logic.

Nope, it's considered group content.
If you can't find a group capable of doing it, you can't do it.

It just so happens, your chances of finding 9 other players of your skill level (assuming your skill level is good enough to kill normal or heroic bosses), shoots up with more people.

There are a couple servers with no heroic progression, but every server has at least killed Will of the Emperor on normal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you're looking for a challenge from LFR, you're looking in the wrong space. LFR works wonderfully for a few purposes:

• Let's non-raiders "See the content": basically, they get to see what the boss looks like outside of screenshots and Youtube.
• Hands out loot at a reasonable pace, allowing non-raiders to obtain raid gear, and gives raiders some fill in gear.
• Rewards some VP.

For challenge, you can join a guild that is raiding. If you don't have a normal play schedule, that's not really an option, so go with PuGs. They are happening more and more.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin
I say allow CRZ for the current raids.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/11/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Phoebi

Yeah, it's amazing that they want to throw CRZ everywhere they can in the open world, but won't allow cross-realm grouping in the one area it'd be the most useful. The view suddenly shifts from "low-pop areas aren't the intended way of doing things, your server choice is meaningless" to "we want people's server choices to be meaningful."
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
02/10/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Postonforums
There are a couple servers with no heroic progression, but every server has at least killed Will of the Emperor on normal.

Some of those are where a guild from a high-pop server transferred to avoid login queues or chase realm-first achievements.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/11/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Autumni
Some of those are where a guild from a high-pop server transferred to avoid login queues or chase realm-first achievements.

Show me a server where the only Will+ guilds have transferred.

Also, nobody will transfer to a dead server like Warsong persay for realm firsts, the negatives are so daunting that having a little guild achievement (It's not even personal now) isnt worth it.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/11/2013 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
01/29/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Deepchill
**remembers the first day LFR Garalon went live** Yeah... no, lets not do that again.

This proved how well lfr groups would coordinate in a difficulty which was somewhat tuned up above a lfr raiders preference. The lfr version of garalon wasn't hard, it just took a little more skill than it does now and coordination from the whole group.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
LFR Garalon;

2 people not retarded?
Grats on your kill.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
02/11/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Deathknight
**remembers the first day LFR Garalon went live** Yeah... no, lets not do that again.

This proved how well lfr groups would coordinate in a difficulty which was somewhat tuned up above a lfr raiders preference. The lfr version of garalon wasn't hard, it just took a little more skill than it does now and coordination from the whole group.

But who was it fun for? And more importantly, that difficulty in random groups was tried before for Cata. We know how that worked out....

If you want a difficult encounter but don't have the schedule to raid, in 5.2 go set up a cross realm raid on your own schedule of heroic T14. It'll still be hard.

The vast, vast majority of LFR players want it quick and easy. Non-raiders have no concept of progression normally on an encounter and can't deal with it. Raiders just want out fast because of the tons of stuff outside of raid they have to do. Quicker the better.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
02/11/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Chïrpa

But who was it fun for? And more importantly, that difficulty in random groups was tried before for Cata. We know how that worked out....

If you want a difficult encounter but don't have the schedule to raid, in 5.2 go set up a cross realm raid on your own schedule of heroic T14. It'll still be hard.

The vast, vast majority of LFR players want it quick and easy. Non-raiders have no concept of progression normally on an encounter and can't deal with it. Raiders just want out fast because of the tons of stuff outside of raid they have to do. Quicker the better.

I think I phrased it wrong and made it sound easy, what I meant was the difficulty was too hard for the average lfr raider and most groups disbanded continuously where they could not down the boss, which would also occur in a heroic lfr setting.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/11/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Phoebi
I'd rather they toss CRZ in its entirety and just do server mergers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

I think I phrased it wrong and made it sound easy, what I meant was the difficulty was too hard for the average lfr raider and most groups disbanded continuously where they could not down the boss, which would also occur in a heroic lfr setting.

Sorry, my bad.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Druid
Unless we want something between current LFR and normal difficulty...LFR MSV @ 476LFR H MSV @ 483Normal MSV @ 489LFR HoF @ 483LFR H HoF @ 489Normal HoF @ 496

This is exactly what I've asked for before.

Right now, LFR is the exact same problem as Normals used to be. It's either going to be too easy for some (and thus boring) or too hard (and thus pointless).

Heroic raids were added for a reason. For the same reason, a Heroic LFR would be a great idea.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/11/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Furÿ
Heroic raids were added for a reason. For the same reason, a Heroic LFR would be a great idea.

What if heroic LFR is too hard, and lfr is too easy? we need medium, it's the same reasoning.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/11/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Furÿ

Heroics 5 mans where added for a reason as well,

Heroics are too hard
nerf
Heroics are too hard
nerf
Heroics are too hard
nerf
Heroics are too hard
Nerfs once more and throws away easy mode because "heroic" is now the same difficulty as easy mode.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
As far as Heroic LFR, is there any reason Blizzard could not do something like throw in some of the heroic mechanics (sparks that spawn on Will, Garalon ignoring phermones after a certain point, etc)? In the case of damaging ones, reduce the damage so it is not a 1 hit wipe wonder.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Subrosian
The issue people like the OP have is that they make a lot of excuses for not climbing the ladder. Everyone started somewhere, no one is going to hand it to you - when you stop making excuses and start fighting tooth-and-nail to get raid time, to step in for when someone is missing, to find those alt-raids that need an extra person, etc... you will eventually build up the experience you need to get a "real" raid spot.

This is part of the problem. There are people out there that are trying desperately to get a spot in a raid group, but get turned away simply because we have no experience in a normal MoP raid. I've even offered to not take any gear that comes up, just so I can get the experience (unless nobody else needs it at all), yet still get told "get some experience". It's very frustrating to do everything that you can, and still be told "no, we don't want you because you don't know the fight with your eyes closed". Unfortunately, experience is the one thing I can't get/do on my own, so now I'm kinda stuck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]