[Suggestion] Bring back the Night!

/signed
90 Night Elf Death Knight
There was a post back in late Wrath/Early Cata about Night Time. I think I shall find it, it had some great screenshots of what he wanted Night to be.

Also, yes, the second moon has been back for quite awhile now.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have never seen Azeroth at night, but I would love to. I have often thought, while flying around, how much cooler it would be if there were actual times of day to go along with Server time. I would be playing in perpetual night. Which would be cool.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont know why they took out the night, wow is an mmo without night and day it seems so static.
90 Human Warrior
/signed i miss it
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ok, so these are examples of the old night. Interesting, it's more subtle than people made it out to seem.

http://imgur.com/a/7W9XT

It WAS subtle, but it was nice. It is different now. Sometimes I'll be playing at midnight and think "wait, is it nighttime on here?" and I have to look up at the sky to see that it is indeed night time. I recall it being darker and things being appropriately colored so it looked to be lit by moonlight.

The thing about it being too dark is silly. Just turn up the brightness of your screen. I recall actually having to do that which is how I know that there used to be a difference.

I would prefer darker nights myself, but it's not silly at all. Gamer psychology is important and they have a point. I wish it didn't matter enough that it was accommodated for, but I understand it.
90 Human Paladin
Maybe they could add a Night off option for those who don't like playing in the dark. But I totally support this suggestion, the world looks much better with darker nights.
90 Night Elf Warrior

Also, yes, the second moon has been back for quite awhile now.

It's only been back about 5-6 months or whenever the MOP patch was implemented.

Back in late vanilla, the smaller moon kept glitching out and getting stuck whenever it hit the horizon line. This would cause like a blank square to show in the skybox next to the moon, and as i recall the moon was stuck there then 24/7 for days or even weeks at a time.

Then I think when TBC came out, they just remove the moon entirely instead of fixing the issue.

01/29/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Lylee
Maybe they could add a Night off option for those who don't like playing in the dark. But I totally support this suggestion, the world looks much better with darker nights.
I like that idea.
Edited by Elrith on 1/29/2013 8:28 AM PST
90 Pandaren Hunter
Mulgore looks very beautiful in the night.
90 Night Elf Warrior
The ironic thing is, the reason I thought this change was imagined is because people used to complain frequently the night's were too bright even back then. I always like the full moon look it created myself, but I wished some zones required torches like alpha Duskwood.

One of my first ideas for WOW I wanted to see in early vanilla was a dungeon where one player had a pool of light cast around them via a lantern/torch and we all had to stick together in a dungeon like BRD.

Imagine how tedious and frustrating most people would find that in today's community :)
90 Pandaren Hunter
Looking at some of these pics brings back memories

Please Bring back the night Blizz!
90 Troll Hunter
/signed i miss it. Bring it Back!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Agreed, bring back the night. Just make the in-game day/night cycles much faster than the real world, so that you can experience both day and night no matter what time you play.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Duskwood at night was spooky!
80 Blood Elf Warlock
I approve, restore the night.
90 Human Death Knight
The Cataclysm caused the moon to reflect much more light at night.
90 Troll Shaman
I would love to see this happen.
90 Tauren Shaman
Yep, this is one of the biggest faults of WoW, IMO. It really doesn't feel like you're in a living "world". Everything looks the same. The mobs are always spawned in the same places, etc. Everything feels stagnant. Ideally, we'd see weather, different mobs coming out during different times of day, etc.

Outside of major holiday world events, the world rarely changes.
86 Orc Shaman
01/29/2013 08:22 AMPosted by Tobiàs
I have never seen Azeroth at night, but I would love to. I have often thought, while flying around, how much cooler it would be if there were actual times of day to go along with Server time. I would be playing in perpetual night. Which would be cool.

The only bad thing about it was, "I have to get up early tomorrow. I am only going to play for a couple of hours.".

Then...

Seeing DAYBREAK and realizing you had an hour and 7 minutes to get ready for work!

Of course, that was operator error, not the fault of the day and night game cycle...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]