can you still get this bow?

90 Dwarf Hunter
Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
No.
Reply Quote
28 Blood Elf Hunter
Sadly, a lot of cool gear has been removed that would be great for "mogging".
Perhaps at some point they'll bring the skins back as something else.

We can always hope...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
On my very first account I had this... wish I could get it on this one. Unfortunately, you can't get it any longer. Even if it was available, people would !@#$% that the quests to get it are "too difficult". It was the mark of someone who knew how to play the class, and I miss owning it!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm glad I still have mine. It's an ugly POS, but it's a mark of skill for an old time raider.

Much like my tabard is a mark of how long I've been playing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
My Rhok'delar is definitely a sign of how long I've been playing and how good of a Hunter I was in vanilla wow...
Reply Quote
I wish I still had mine, I have long though that is should be required that all hunters pass those quests before they are allowed past level 60.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I couldn't agree more with this statement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/29/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Yatha
I wish I still had mine, I have long though that is should be required that all hunters pass those quests before they are allowed past level 60.

I meant this statement. Forgot to quote lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Sadly that sexy beast no longer exists to get.
Luckily, I still keep it, my staff and my quiver on me at all times.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Waking up every 2 hours only to have Winterpsring taken by someone who never heard of "Jump Shot".

Or a random Rogue who decides to "help", as you approach Everlook.

/sigh
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I agree. It was an accomplishment, that is for sure. I still have mine!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Sadly, a lot of cool gear has been removed that would be great for "mogging".
Perhaps at some point they'll bring the skins back as something else.

We can always hope...

I do agree it sucks for new players not to get this quest or accomplishment (transmorg the gear). However, it is a good thing that it's out. It shows who is from original WoW, who did MC, and who completed the quest. However, I would be for bringing it back, if they added Hunter quests (and other class quests) that scale with level. If an expansion comes out, the way to get the quest remains the same, however, doing the quest the mobs scale with the player's level, abilities, and talents. I think every max level there should be some sort of Epic quest (level 60, level 70, level 80, level 85, level 90, etc).

I also wish WoW took something from EQOA (Everquest Online Adventures) and added Epic quests that you get for your class (when you hit max level). In EQOA it was levle 49 epic quest (max level was 50). When you completed these quests you got some of the best gear in the game. However, these quests took days, weeks, months to complete. They were also very difficult to complete.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

I also wish WoW took something from EQOA (Everquest Online Adventures) and added Epic quests that you get for your class (when you hit max level). In EQOA it was levle 49 epic quest (max level was 50). When you completed these quests you got some of the best gear in the game. However, these quests took days, weeks, months to complete. They were also very difficult to complete.

That's pretty much the design intent of the new legendary. It's just not class specific.

Apparently devs have deemed class specific quests are a waste of time to develop. *mumbles something about green fire*
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm glad I still have mine. It's an ugly POS, but it's a mark of skill for an old time raider.

Much like my tabard is a mark of how long I've been playing.

It's not even ugly lol. I usually use it for transmog
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/29/2013 06:22 AMPosted by Toneboogie
On my very first account I had this... wish I could get it on this one. Unfortunately, you can't get it any longer. Even if it was available, people would !@#$% that the quests to get it are "too difficult". It was the mark of someone who knew how to play the class, and I miss owning it!

No one would complain that it was hard. I got all 4 demon heads on my hunter at 70 and it was CAKE then. Unfortunately, I have the stick and no sinew from Onyxia, and ergo, no bow/staff :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oh goodness, this thread pains me lol. I quit the game before I ever got it, then came back in Cata after they made all the quests obsolete and removed them from the game.

As much as I would love to see it reimplemented, I doubt they will. And there'd be a ton of hunters who would QQ about how hard it was to get back then and how easy it would be to get now. I can see why they'd be mad, but.... Slightly selfish for new generations of hunters :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
It would also be nice to see armour upgrades (a la Tier 0 to Tier 0.5) or even weapon quests (like the Battered Hilt) available. Wrathion's quests look like they have potential, but there's very little storyline (so far) and too much mindless grinding (ogres in Blackrock Spire notwithstanding).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I just wish they'd add some sort of quiver visual back in so I wouldn't feel awkward transmogging mine. It looks really weird to just pull an arrow straight out of your back -- I mean, it could be worse, but it's really distracting to me.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
01/29/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Adarant
My Rhok'delar is definitely a sign of how long I've been playing and how good of a Hunter I was in vanilla wow...

PVE was/is easy...nothing to be good about. And getting the staff/bow was nothing more than jump kiting while your friends kited away the pathing mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]