Horde Auction House Economy Broken

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Is it just me or is the Tich Prices incredibly low?

eg. 20-30g for a stack of ghost iron ore or herbs etc.
eg. 20 gold for a rare MOP Bold strength gem

It just seems like the market has just collapsed. There are queue times to get into the server and yet the player base is only 10,000 if that, I never get queues on top rank 10 servers....

Anyways just curious as I just xfered over and was shocked at how anyone could even be make a buck on the AH.
Edited by Darè on 1/29/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Guess what, sha crystals were going for 320g yesterday...
Reply Quote
I do what i've got to do.

That being said even with the crap prices I still bring in about 80k a day. Good days up to about 150-200k.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
^botter
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Magnusxx
^botter

lol.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Mage
In all honesty...you can blame who ever bots... they wanna sell their stuff cheap to get rid of it quick...

During Cata I ruled the JC market...now i stay away from JC because its pointless to spend 30+g on a stack of ore..and maybe break even on one gem that could sell for 1g more than i paid for a stack of ore
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You either own the Market or you don't. I sit around with 100g at most times so I don't own the market. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

That being said even with the crap prices I still bring in about 80k a day. Good days up to about 150-200k.

With a name like Auction House you clearly dont use third party software and play the game just to make money but regardless. Sounds like it may be the only way to get some cash flow.

It's just like the market for trade goods is so low that you can't make a good enough profit to afford say a rare of some kind. On most servers the prices are high and so is the return and in the end it isn't such a bad rate compared to the price of rare item prices aka the niche markets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

With a name like Auction House you clearly dont use third party software and play the game just to make money but regardless. Sounds like it may be the only way to get some cash flow.

It's just like the market for trade goods is so low that you can't make a good enough profit to afford say a rare of some kind. On most servers the prices are high and so is the return and in the end it isn't such a bad rate compared to the price of rare item prices aka the niche markets.

I don't think he uses third party software.. And he doesn't make money all day. I seen him at the shrine of two moons once.
Reply Quote

I don't think he uses third party software.. And he doesn't make money all day. I seen him at the shrine of two moons once.

Haha only a few have seen me adventure out. But that's the perks of having two accounts. I'm able to do whatever on my main and then have my auction toon repost auctions as needed.
Edited by Auctìonhouse on 1/29/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Haha only a few have seen me adventure out. But that's the perks of having two accounts. I'm able to do whatever on my main and then have my auction toon repost auctions as needed.

Yea I wanted to make a documentary about it. The wild randomnoobs exploring outside of his habitat.
Reply Quote

Yea I wanted to make a documentary about it. The wild randomnoobs exploring outside of his habitat.

it's a big scary world out there full of monsters and creepy crawlies.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Mage
I did a dungeon today.... I died...
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Cannibully

exactly. I stopped at 20 and realized that I am no murder! Nor am I some slave sent to gather your "lost trinkets". IM OF HIGH ROYALTY AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS SUCH!

^ lol nerd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/29/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Auctìonhouse

exactly. I stopped at 20 and realized that I am no murder! Nor am I some slave sent to gather your "lost trinkets". IM OF HIGH ROYALTY AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS SUCH!

^ lol nerd

Any advice for making money on Tich apart from using auctioneer?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Klumzyee#1851

ally prices are double or more that... add me if you wana make gold LOL
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Darè

^ lol nerd

Use your professions as much as possible. Flipping items is great and all but when it really boils down to what makes most of my profit, it's professions. I try to find anything I can craft that will make me at least 20-30g profit from buying the mats out of the ah. Craft the goods and always try to make sure that i'm the lowest priced during peak hours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

Use your professions as much as possible. Flipping items is great and all but when it really boils down to what makes most of my profit, it's professions. I try to find anything I can craft that will make me at least 20-30g profit from buying the mats out of the ah. Craft the goods and always try to make sure that i'm the lowest priced during peak hours.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
52 Undead Mage
The profit per item is lower, but due to huge volumes, you can make cash on Tich. You need an addon to make crafting fast though if you want to do it seriously.

Tich is also a good place to flip transmog gear. I started out with 0 gold and no other toons on this realm, and I was able to make 20k in my first week just by watching the Undermine Journal a few times a day, buying deals with the remote AH app, and re-posting at market price during the evening. I was even able to buy these nifty guild heirlooms as a level 12 after only a week's play (see my previous post on this subject).

You will also find crazy deals on many high-volume items as people continue to undercut until the price is reset. If you buy when the price is rock bottom, you can re-post for profit later.

It's primarily a PVP server, so keep that in mind. Contender's crafted PVP gear sells well and usually well above cost. This is nice cash for tailors, blacksmiths or leatherworkers. Enchanters can make money on high-end enchants or their daily cooldown (buy 5 ethereal shards for 350g or less and sell a shard for 450g or more every day). If you like to gather - you will likely sell anything you gather, but at less than other places.

The glyph market is about constant undercutting, so I'd avoid inscription unless you want to sit at the AH all day.

That's my initial analysis based on two weeks on the server and only at level 25 :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]