Horde Auction House Economy Broken

The profit per item is lower, but due to huge volumes, you can make cash on Tich. You need an addon to make crafting fast though if you want to do it seriously.

Tich is also a good place to flip transmog gear. I started out with 0 gold and no other toons on this realm, and I was able to make 20k in my first week just by watching the Undermine Journal a few times a day, buying deals with the remote AH app, and re-posting at market price during the evening. I was even able to buy these nifty guild heirlooms as a level 12 after only a week's play (see my previous post on this subject).

You will also find crazy deals on many high-volume items as people continue to undercut until the price is reset. If you buy when the price is rock bottom, you can re-post for profit later.

It's primarily a PVP server, so keep that in mind. Contender's crafted PVP gear sells well and usually well above cost. This is nice cash for tailors, blacksmiths or leatherworkers. Enchanters can make money on high-end enchants or their daily cooldown (buy 5 ethereal shards for 350g or less and sell a shard for 450g or more every day). If you like to gather - you will likely sell anything you gather, but at less than other places.

The glyph market is about constant undercutting, so I'd avoid inscription unless you want to sit at the AH all day.

That's my initial analysis based on two weeks on the server and only at level 25 :)

This man is wise beyond his level.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The other thing that breaks the AH...is people who think selling something cheap will make it sell quick, it doesn't.

So the ones that want to be bankers, roll in the gold, or complain about not making that much gold in the AH, check at first if that's what you are doing.

If someone is selling something for 200g and you post yours for 50g... there is almost 150g your missing out on getting
Edited by Cannibully on 1/31/2013 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Cannibully
If someone is selling something for 200g and you post yours for 50g... there is almost 150g your missing out on getting

+1
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The other thing that breaks the AH...is people who think selling something cheap will make it sell quick, it doesn't.

So the ones that want to be bankers, roll in the gold, or complain about not making that much gold in the AH, check at first if that's what you are doing.

its 150g you are giving to someone else who relists it and sells it for the actual price :P
Reply Quote

its 150g you are giving to someone else who relists it and sells it for the actual price :P

but if no one is looking to relist it for 150g extra and no one is buying that item then the undercutting war is going to start at 50g instead of 200g. So the 200g item is now going to end up being worth 20g because of one guy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

but if no one is looking to relist it for 150g extra and no one is buying that item then the undercutting war is going to start at 50g instead of 200g. So the 200g item is now going to end up being worth 20g because of one guy.

I have done the buying and re-listing thing too, but sometimes its stuff that doesn't sell that well. Also, I have bought the 1 or 2 things they try bottoming out the prices, so since it "Sells" they will flood that AH with the price they originally put it at just because the others sold.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You guys flood the Glyph and Enchant Markets. I don't see how you guys are still making too much money on it anymore, but you guys probably make it on the volume is my guess. There are many markets though and price reductions happen as a result of competition. This is not an entirely bad thing to have, these price reductions are good for buyers and if you have a keen eye you can make money on that as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The other thing i have noticed also, is people putting stuff at just above vendor price.

Like some of the red gem cuts, the cut price is 4g for vendor price...so you put it for around 4g 20s...well after you sell it and get the ah cut taken...you get less gold than you would of if you just sold it to the vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Yea I wanted to make a documentary about it. The wild randomnoobs exploring outside of his habitat.

it's a big scary world out there full of monsters and creepy crawlies.

YOLO bro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]