Roleplaying?!

90 Undead Warlock
Calling all Horde Roleplayers!

As you all may (or may not, depending on your level of literacy) know, Maelstrom is an RP-PVP server. With all the qqing and crying and boasting and such, the PVP part appears to be understood. That RP at the beginning, though? Those mysterious letters stand for Roleplaying.

Maelstrom has at various points in time had many small roleplaying groups around. Sometimes guilds, sometimes just friends, sometimes chat channels have emerged. I've seen a lack of this happening recently.

I hope to change that.

I want to do what I can to push more roleplaying on the Horde side of the server. I'll be starting a chat channel (send mail in-game for details) and working to start events. Seasoned roleplayers, newcomers, and people who might be interested if they only knew what was going on, feel free to get in on this!

Guild doesn't matter, class doesn't matter, skill doesn't matter, level doesn't matter. All we need is people willing to get their RP on! Pretty transmog sets would be cool, but not required. If you don't know much about the lore of WoW, ask for help!

Is anyone else interested in this?

*This is not a Horde Strike Force thing, this is a Velgarr™ thing. Don't be scurred.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I support Velgar in his efforts
Reply Quote
I'm already in five RP channels. Can we all just go back to using PVPRP?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/28/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Xhii
I'm already in five RP channels. Can we all just go back to using PVPRP?

How are you in five RP channels when you NEVER LOG IN?

And yes! I've forgotten all about PVPRP. Perhaps I should spread the message.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've been under the assumption that we role play by virtue of logging into Maelstrom.

Okay, perhaps there's more of a roleplaying aspect to each players toon or guild's "made-up history" but not so much from the game itself. For example since we all get orders from the faction leaders and we can go off making personal character or guild stories based on everything in between from battles to professions complete with events you never actually see play out. I.E. Gorrinas pet & Gugs bully stand-off, the existence of HSF (I thought all horde were supposed to strike as one force) and the Rise of the Noobs ala Manamonster's back story for the guild.

There are the NPC story lines and then there's the Players story lines, almost parallel but not coherent. I think the only real meaningful and progressive role play story book would be made from the stories contained in world pvp, talking about the horde and alliance wins and I hope you role play a little PvP between parades, transmog pageants, fishing, pet battles and adoptions.

That said I'll be glad to read some nice role play stories if they're on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why did Variante log on an alt to babble incoherently about roleplay?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Variante is the character he uses to babble incoherently about PvP.

He's just trying to fit in with your thread, check your privilege coherency-haver.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Fine I'm sure someone will care enough to reply besides me about this topic.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Velgarr
you NEVER LOG IN

I totally logged in this weekend. Two different characters, even. It was wild!

Perhaps I'll log in more often. Get that RP train rolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Xhii
you NEVER LOG IN

I totally logged in this weekend. Two different characters, even. It was wild!

Perhaps I'll log in more often. Get that RP train rolling.

I had lesbian rp sex with velgarr's mom last night .... oh ya!
Reply Quote
I'm back to playing so I'm most definitely interested!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Awesome.
Reply Quote
RPMaelstrom is still active as a channel, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tooooo many chat channels!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sheeet. Why don't you just dare to RP in front of trade chat or in every other reply or so?

Can't demand a sterile RP friendly pledge or safe zone just so you can get your pirate on.

Let it rip I want to see all the RP haters get RPd in their faces.
Reply Quote
Please let me know if there is an active channel. I only subscribe to a few but I never see anyone on them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/13/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Senojauhsoj
Please let me know if there is an active channel. I only subscribe to a few but I never see anyone on them.

Get in touch with me in game (even if it's just some mail).

There are a few channels around--many are not -that- active, but we're getting more and more members as the weeks go by.
Reply Quote
You sir are on my list of important contacts, and shady dealers...
Reply Quote
73 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Xhii

Hello Xhii!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:43 AMPosted by Tinracel

Hello Xhii!

Now THERE'S a face I haven't seen in some years. Care for a game of Warsong Gulch?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]