Error 114 - SEA Region - Gathering Data

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Hey all,

I need to gather some DNS information that may help resolve this issue.

I'm basically trying to get a DNS Lookup while you are using your regular DNS settings and getting the Error 114, and another DNS Lookup while you are using the Google DNS Server.

Here's what you need to do:

While using your ISP's DNS Settings

1. Go to the Start Menu.
2. Type CMD in the search field and hit enter.
3. Type "nslookup us.depot.battle.net > C:\DNS1.txt" in the Command Prompt window, minus the quotes, and hit enter
4. Navigate to your C drive and copy/paste the contents of the DNS1 text document into this thread. Label it "ISP DNS".

Once that is done, do these steps while using the Google DNS Server:

1. Go to the Start Menu.
2. Type CMD in the search field and hit enter.
3. Type "nslookup us.depot.battle.net > C:\DNS2.txt" in the Command Prompt window, minus the quotes, and hit enter
4. Navigate to your C drive and copy/paste the contents of the DNS2 text document into this thread. Label it "Google DNS".

***I only need a few of these, so once I'll be locking this thread once I have enough of these.***
Edited by Dankorii on 2/6/2013 5:44 PM PST
1 Dwarf Priest
--ISP DNS--

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Server: UnKnown
Address: 10.0.0.138

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Name: us.logon.battle.net
Address: 12.129.206.130

--Google DNS--

Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

here you go
100 Gnome Warrior
Mine just says ''Non-authoritative answer"
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
that only works if u have a land line...so wat do u do if u have wireless??? ive been tryin to log on since last thursday and i still cnt wat can i do?
90 Blood Elf Mage
ISP DNS

Server: UnKnown
Address: 10.0.0.1

GOOGLE DNS

MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
01/29/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Ozdb
that only works if u have a land line...so wat do u do if u have wireless??? ive been tryin to log on since last thursday and i still cnt wat can i do?

Should work with wireless internet or mobile. They're just network connections.

nslookup just outputs what a particular domain name resolves to for it's IP address.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
I've noticed just tonight with my 64 bit Mac Wow client that it's started to also connect to us.depot.battle.net :

http://pastebin.com/TVMpnr8j

(Tried to connect twice which is why the login server appears twice btw. There's a patch server connection as well as a connection to one of Blizzard's CDNs)

When the Aus/NZ guys were having issues connecting in Diablo 3 the issue turned out to be with the us.depot.battle.net

This address appears to resolve to a different IP address depending on where you are in the world. It appears to resolve to a locally hosted CDN in the players area.

I'm just wandering if this is somehow linked into this error again somehow. It would explain how other people in other parts in the world can log in fine while some people can't. It would also explain how the switching to Open DNS / Google DNS and flushing the cache appears to work.

From what I've seen us.logon.battle.net isn't on a locally hosted CDN server so it's IP address never seems to change while for the IP address for us.depot.battle.net does.

If anything it's something to gather data on after you've gathered data on the IP addresses people are getting for us.logon.battle.net

But to stay on topic here's my results :

ORCON ISP DNS

00:00:09-bluspacecow~/bin$ nslookup us.logon.battle.net
;; Got recursion not available from 10.0.0.200, trying next server
Server: 121.98.0.1
Address: 121.98.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:

GOOGLE DNS

00:01:06-bluspacecow~/bin$ nslookup us.logon.battle.net
Server: 8.8.4.4
Address: 8.8.4.4#53

80 Tauren Death Knight
Help I also have this error and cannot fix, im also using windows 8 x64
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Server: BigPond.BigPond
Address: 10.0.0.138

(Please note, I get the same response as per above from a computer on the same modem, same network, that does not produce the error for any of our accounts)
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm in Japan and I have this same error.
90 Worgen Hunter
Mine says No authoritative answer
I am also receiving a 'non authoritive answer' response. Sorry!
Support Forum Agent
Domezzra

Post the your results when you get the chance.
Shirty

Go ahead and post your results as well.
Here are some questions that you guys might want to contact your ISP with:

1. What's the closest best DNS servers I should be using?
2. Why does my game not work when I use that ISP DNS server and it does with Google DNS?
3. What is the difference between your DNS and Google DNS?
I just installed a new SSD HDD and haven't done anything with my WOW directory its in same place doing same thing,,, now I get this error 114 and cannot login after installing the new drive, although i did get a small update on the launcher. I have tried all the options offered on other threads. I have another machine here both machines hard wired to the internet, WOW works fine on my other machine, I don't believe its a DNS problem? nothing has changed at my end, I have played for 5 years in the same house similar modems. answer me this? why does this machine not play and my other machine sitting beside it WOW works fine?
I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS??? WELL SORT OF..... MY COMPUTER JUST GOT A WINDOWS UPDATE (im using windows 8) NOW WORLD OF WARCRAFT WORKS , ITS A WINDOWS UPDATE YOU HAVENT GOT YET, MAKE SURE YOUR WINDOWS IS ABOSULTELY UP TO DATE. That's why my WOW wouldn't work after I reinstalled windows onto the new SSD, it hadn't received all the updates yet? so what ever it is,,, its in one of the updates from Microsoft.
Edited by Killeress on 1/30/2013 8:36 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
I had been able to log into game since 24th Jan despite doing everything I have seen on this forum, including doing complete game reinstall, changed DNS to the google one, several times, deleteing WTF and cache files, changing password, everything.
Today I again tried changing my DNS to the one provided by the Blues link on this forum and it worked. I can now log into the game. I had tried this before and it did not work, so dont have a clue whats going on. So if any one is still stuck on error 114, keep trying and do change DNS to 8.8.8.8.
90 Human Hunter
My desktop gives me the Error 114, it has a fresh install, i have my old laptop... which i hooked up threw the same connection... works fine.. i can log in and play, also... diablo 3 on my desktop works fine to... i dont understand why D3 works but wow dosnt... since they are both using the same connection.... on the same desktop.

Buy the way... also did the whole cache and battlenet cache stuff posted in other posts... made no change.
Edited by Voon on 1/30/2013 9:29 PM PST
Ok Hopefully I've done this right. Windows 8 is a pain in the behind for this sort of stuff.

ISP DNS
Server: 111.118.175.56.reverse.crucialx.net
Address: 111.118.175.56

GOOGLE DNS

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]