Begging for consecration return to ret

I love my pally but in mop it feels so wrong not laying down consecration for aoe damage and the numbers show it .ret doesnt even measure in the mid top for raid dps,what gives blizzard I bet if consecration comes back as an ability it may help level the playing field.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I disagree with

01/29/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Zatoíchí
the numbers show it .ret doesnt even measure in the mid top for raid dps,what gives blizzard I bet if consecration comes back as an ability it may help level the playing field.

It looks like ret is getting outshined at BiS gear levels, but we're quite strong through normals and the start of heroics at least.

Our AOE damage is pretty damn strong too, so cons isnt needed. They would have to nerf us if it was added, and other than AOE it would be a waste of a GCD.

You DO have the option of running with Light's Hammer. It's essential a really strong cons on a 1m cd, and it heals people too.

While I do like consecration, I don't think we have any space/need for it right now.
You could always go prot :)
Reply Quote
I would rather have Holy Wrath.

Seriously out of all the !@#$ing spells why do we want the one that pissed the most mana back and the one that doesn't have an execute when glyphed!?!
Edited by Bassm on 1/29/2013 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Prot is my other spec,but I just remember in cata ret was top 5 always,maybe I need to refigure my play style a bit to get those numbers up,maybe I just miss the animation,but I still want it back....lol
Edited by Zatoíchí on 1/29/2013 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
What gets me is that they took away our ability to AOE burn down raid mobs yet gave every Raid Boss endless AOE attacks that kills our max melee dps potential.
Edited by Palastorm on 1/29/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Palastorm
What gets me is that they took away our ability to AOE burn down raid mobs yet gave every Raid Boss endless AOE attacks that kills our max melee dps potential.

wat
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/29/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Palastorm

Our AoE is very strong right now, probably stronger than it's ever been. Hell, Divine Storm is strong enough that it overtakes Templar's Verdict on just two targets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As the posts above state, our AoE is really strong right now, no need to give us consecration.
If theres 2 targets, you put out more damage doing Divine Storm than you do with a Templar's Verdict

Personally I'd like to see a flat damage increase with TV, either better scaling with weapon damage, or more than the pathetic "plus 628 damage"

Even with the 15% bonus from 2pc (considering how weak it is in PvP already) its still a relatively soft-hitting spell
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Consecration, mmm....I would like to see it come back for all specs but have it's ability related to which spec casts it. For Prot Pally casting it, increase dodge and or armour for all within range. For Ret casting it, increase haste and crit or just straight damage, and since it can be targetable now, give the Holy Pally's Consecration the effect of increasing healing recived and mana regeneration.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I would rather have Holy Wrath.

Seriously out of all the !@#$ing spells why do we want the one that pissed the most mana back and the one that doesn't have an execute when glyphed!?!

Yeah, I'm with you. I miss Holy Wrath more. Plus I also miss being able to AoE stun demons and undead. That was sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Consec/HW were some of the most boring buttons to press in our pre-mop iteration. They had no purpose (the damage on consec was so low, it required like 30 targets to be hit for it to beat out a single CS) other than to fill gaping holes in our rotation.

If you want aoe as lolret, you need to talent and spec for it (a design with its own problems; it's a binary system - either you do single target or aoe and you're stuck with that choice till you can ooc and change talents).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Im still new for ret but Aoe is fine except for one thing we need a non target aoe either holy wrath or consec or something we have now or something new i dont really care but on fights like Lei Shi, he disappears and in less you have divine storm up you cant aoe him and you only get one shot, yes i understand this i a unique situation but it still feels wrong i see rogues warlocks mages every other dps class spamming something and im just waiting till he shows up.
And if this happens on one fight possible it could happen more why should we be the ones standing around letting others do are fighting for us so a non target aoe would be nice what ever we got. But like i said its different then playing prot and if any other ret sees away around this love to hear it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]