Reasons you still play DK?

90 Human Death Knight
GK
For me, it's the lore and general asthetics. I love the names of the attacks as well as the way the attacks are portrayed.

Sure, I am outclassed. But I sit here and hope for a buff one day as I keep playing my favorite class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thassarian makes me gush
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I play my dk because it's fun and I enjoy it. I'm not aware of this outclassed issue you are running into however.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I dont know of an outclassed issue either, at least not in pve. I know in pvp they are quite squishy and easily kited. It could be the gear gap in people as well which is absolutely idiotic of having a 20 point ilvl gap and inflated stats on weapons. I should of waited for 5.2 to come around to get mists because right now im so far behind i dont even want to play.

I really dont see how this is named "the best expansion yet" when i think wrath was miles ahead and BC players will also say that BC is miles ahead, which it probably was.

I play a dk because i love the whole unholy knight or frozen beserker feel even though it doesnt have the same feel it has back in wrath. For the life of me I dont know why they changed the playstyle of the class as a whole.

Also blood is kind of fun now that you have something to react with other than press death strike every chance that you get.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
GK
Granted, I was only referring to the PvP aspect when talking about being outclassed.

Now, I personally think the people who are all "Vanilla and BC r bettur" are just reliving their nostalgia.

Both BC and Vanilla had endless quest chains for attunements as well as the longest levelling to cap.
It often took people months to hit 60 in Vanilla, and then you raided weekly for a chance on gear to drop, when Alli didn't have Shaman and Horde didn't have Pally, and very often would a piece of gear your faction couldn't even use would drop, so people would D/E it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Basically those reasons, the class' personality and lore, are what inspired me to re-subscribe recently. My main had always been a Rogue, but now it's stuck at 87 and I'm having fun on this guy who had always been a mining alt. I want to PvP seriously next season, and I know I'd be better off on my Rogue to that end, but something about the complexity of Unholy (with Blood Tap micromanaging) is too interesting, and rewarding if done properly, to put aside for the convenience of a more desired class. Or maybe that's just what I'm telling myself to keep from having nightmares about having to fully gear two mains with how things are now in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Mine is a bit of an anecdote.

I created this DK on 13/11/2008. Got to outlands and started questing.

Approximately 2 hours into questing in hellfire, I was attacked by a draenei shaman. We duked it out for a good while and I won. Barely.
Forgetting about the reincarnation passive, I went on my merry way to continue my questing, when the shaman got up and killed me. I raised myself as a ghoul, leapt over to him, gnawed him, got a couple of claw attacks in; before exploding myself, taking him with me.

To this day, I miss that talent.

Also, I miss unholy blight.

Unholy rules.

P.S. I kept both sets of my starter DK gear. Was so pissed to find out that vendors were being added for transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I did the same thing with a mage. Almost there...

Dead.

Ghoul'd as she walked away.

Ate her brains!

And, that is my fondest death knight memory.
Reply Quote
DK Ftw
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Death Knight?
I thought I was a Warrior this whole time... That explains a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Its fun to play at frost and blood, im the little dead guy who try to bring justice to the world. xD
But unholy is not fun... ur dps down like 10k at pve, and ur arena friend saying: please go back to frost.
Reply Quote
I love the story behind the scourge so playing as one of their most powerful units is a plus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I started playing in BC, but as soon as I heard about Death Knights being added, I considered myself a DK main. My Paladin was just a way to pass the time.

My guild considered me to be a DK, too. They considered me to be way too evil to be a Paladin. All the funnier since that Paladin's a Draenei (though one guild mate speculated I was actually playing 3 Blood Elves stuffed inside a Draenei costume).

As a side note, I almost rolled Draenei for my Death Knight, as well, since my Paladin's battlecry was "Blood for the Blood Naaru!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
WoW used to be a lot more hardcore back in the day (I did enjoy the time it took and the dedication it took). It made things a grind, very time consuming, very difficult, and at times very frustrating. However, the reward was tenfold. Now I'm not saying the new changes make the game easier to play, it just makes the game easier to complete a character and make your character competitive.

However, I feel that the changes that they have made have been great and a lot of it actually makes sense. If you raid and kill a boss, you should have a good chance at getting gear. Not having to continually keep raiding to let gear go to another hunter over you, or not having one piece even drop for your class. I like how they made it quicker to level from 1-85 (with each expansion only the new levels being difficult and time consuming to obtain) as this makes leveling alts a lot more fun. It still takes time and dedication to get the best gear (especially PvP gear and conquest gear).

I do enjoy how easy it is to get a group for heroics, LFR, normal instances, etc but I feel that with the x-realm implemented took away some of the socialization that took place before this. I also hate that we now have to fight with other servers for Rare Spawn kills/Taming pets... Each realm should have it's own spawn still. If the player is from "x" realm they shouldn't be able to kill/see my Kil'jaeden Loque'nahak spawn.
Edited by Kokko on 1/29/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Sick to death of rogues, not a big fan of monks, and I can't stand to play anything with a 1.5 sec global.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I play because it is fun and secondly it is the only 90 I have
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DKs are awesome. Sure there are some issues, that make other classes a better choice, in certain situations, but eh who cares. Im not a FotM person, so I play my DK even if they go from OP to undertuned, and back again.

I love the flexability to change the method in which I fight, being able to kite those I must, and be right to those who try to kite me....some times atleast =D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Lore, and Melee.

Melee gameplay has always been right for me in RPGs.

Lore, I LOOOOVED the scourge back in WC3. Especially Arthas. I wanted to make a WoW char just like him, and Wrath granted my wish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'll be honest here. I originally chose them because they looked cool and were really powerful (this was in Wrath). However, over the years, I've fallen in love with their versatility, solo strength, and the playstyle.

That's why I keep it as my main despite the years of nerfs and balance changes - not to mention being called a "noob" simply because of my class choice.
Reply Quote
Dead casters (how dare they not fight man to man).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]