[A RP] The Mageroyal Society's Book Club

The Mageroyal Society cordially invites whoever demonstrates an interest in acquiring forgotten and sequestered knowledge from the farthest reaches of Azeroth and beyond. Unlike other book clubs you may have experienced, the discussion only occurs after you’ve rescued the tome from the clutches of villains! The literature collected from these dangerous forays will be preserved in our Society’s library holdings, to ensure they receive the proper care every book deserves. We hope you lend your strength and intelligence to the noble cause of information acquisition!

The Mageroyal Society is hosting IC dungeon runs! We will be leading groups through 5 man dungeons, raid instances, and open world locations in-character. We will be in search of books, artifacts, alchemy reagents, you name it! If there is more interest than a 5 man dungeon can hold, we will use an in-character chat channel to keep in touch as we split off into different instances.

DATE AND TIME: Friday, March 28th, at 7 pm ST

LOCATION: Razorfen Kraul, Southern Barrens. Please meet at the entrance. This week's Book Club ties in to our Monthly Project in Thousand Needles!

Hope to see you there!

Previous Expeditions:

• Zul'Farrak
  • Isle of Thunder
  • Mogu'Shan Palace
  • Sholazar Basin
  • Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Naxxramas
  • Scarlet Monastery
  • Return to Karazhan
  • Jintha'Alor
  • Utgarde Keep and Utgarde Pinnacle
  • Auchindoun
  • Kirin'Var Village
  • Halls of Origination
  • Uldaman
  • Karazhan - Part II
  • Karazhan - Part I
  • Halls of Lightning
  • Azshara - Ruins of Eldarath and Ravencrest Monument
  • Ahn'Qiraj
  • The Scholomance
  • Shadowfang Keep
  • The Library:

We encourage participants in the event to submit their findings to The Mageroyal Society's Library Collection! A template and previous books found can be seen in this thread on our forum:

http://mageroyalsociety.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=networking&thread=31&page=1
    Edited by Ellister on 3/26/2014 7:43 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    YES. SIGN ME UP.

Wait, I'm gonna be there anyway.

Come with us, it'll be fun times!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Priest
    01/29/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Vandrysse
    YES. SIGN ME UP.
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    I wanted to point out since this was brought up in the WraOrg thread:

The "books" you find during these little adventures are actually going to get a little write up. They will be posted on our guild site and on Tumblr ("placed in our library").

Our Official Spokesperson may or may not do some bragging over the finds over IC Twitter, too.

See, 'cause OOCly, some of us are kinda nerdy like that ...
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Priest
    01/29/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Xanthion
    I'd be there but I doubt I'm invited.

I'm sure that all are invited!
    Reply Quote
    We'll post the "books" in this thread on our guild forum: The Library (http://mageroyalsociety.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=networking&action=display&thread=31)
    Reply Quote
    What level are your dungeon runs? This sounds more like something Elsana would be interested in, but she's only in the mid-70's level range.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Priest
    This week we're going to Scholomance, so I'm sure you would have no difficulties.
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    01/30/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Brigeda
    What level are your dungeon runs?

They will vary. For something like The Scholomance, Elsana will be perfectly fine to bring along (we won't be doing the heroic version :D). If you get a chance, come on by!
    Reply Quote
    From what I can recall off the top of my head, the lowest level instance with books to pilfer is probably Scarlet Monastery. However, we could go to other lower level places...no one said finding books was a guarantee! XD
    Reply Quote
    So sad I work too late to go tomorrow. YOU GUYS BETTER HAVE FUN!
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    01/31/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Alaanas
    So sad I work too late to go tomorrow. YOU GUYS BETTER HAVE FUN!

ALWAYS <3
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    Happening tonight!

You can also keep track of our events by following the Society's official spokesperson on IC Twitter:

@mageroyalsoc
    Reply Quote
    Lets go bag us some books!
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! We had a fun (we're still having a fun) time!
    Reply Quote
    Thank you to everyone that came out last night! I had a great time! :D

Here's a link to our guild forum library thread (some of the books are already updated!): http://mageroyalsociety.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=networking&action=display&thread=31

*Warning: Since we went to the Scholomance, the content of these books is macabre.*
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    02/02/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Ellister
    *Warning: Since we went to the Scholomance, the content of these books is macabre.*

I ... got carried away. But I think you all expect this of me >_>
    Reply Quote
    02/02/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Vandrysse

I ... got carried away. But I think you all expect this of me >_>

Expect and anticipate! Then again, I'm a fan of horror writing ^_^
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Priest
    Friendly reminder! Book Club next Friday, the 15th, at Shadowfang Keep.

Yay for finding more creepy books! You can keep track of our library on our Tumblr, too:

http://mageroyalsociety.tumblr.com/tagged/library
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]