Shadow PvP Guide 5.1

90 Undead Priest
A lot of my friends asked me to put together a quick and simple guide in regards to shadow PvP, so here is a simple guide. It goes into the basics such as talents, glyphs, and a bit of rotation. Next guide will including gemming and reforging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9TOhd2N8U
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
NMB
Great guide.

I totally agree with you on Divine Star. I used to run with Halo but tried Divine Star when I heard that Halo will no longer knock out stealth in 5.2. The healing on Divine Star is awesome, the cd short and the mana cheap.

Good suggestion on using Void Tendrils to stop a hunter's stampeed.

My only suggestion is that it would be good to mention the spriest stat priority. (That would indirectly cover gearing, chants and gems)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Alright, I'll be sure to cover that when I make my 5.2 guide whenever that may be. I'm glad you liked it :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Despite some flaws in the video such as pronunciation, an overall helpful watch. I'm currently leveling a shadow priest and plan to do PvP alot. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to watch more.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
NMB
Actually on further thought, there are so may versions on the spriest stat priority at the moment (no concensus) you might need to cover more than one. lol :)
Reply Quote
84 Troll Hunter
Good video.... appreciated your time to put this together
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Great guide.

I totally agree with you on Divine Star. I used to run with Halo but tried Divine Star when I heard that Halo will no longer knock out stealth in 5.2. The healing on Divine Star is awesome, the cd short and the mana cheap.

Good suggestion on using Void Tendrils to stop a hunter's stampeed.

My only suggestion is that it would be good to mention the spriest stat priority. (That would indirectly cover gearing, chants and gems)
yeah after seeing Craze use Divine Star i switched from Halo and have loved it so much more...not only is it pretty decent damage, but i will even use it on the run being trained as part of a self healing rotation even if i cant direct at somebody for the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
In the process of uploading some random battlegrounds with live commentary.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Also have a battleground I recorded up now to show these talents in action.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Bump!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9TOhd2N8U
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Going to check this out, I will be doing more PVP soon and this is a perfect spot to start. Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
One minor gripe, you make no mention of Shadowfiend/Fade synergy to counter stampede.

If used correctly, you can salvage an entire defensive cooldown for later use in the same fight.

However...

With the change to Phantasm, this may lose its tactical advantage in turning the tables on them.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/6/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
From an expert's standpoint, what is your opinion on the Phantasm nerf?

(I am also glad to know that you are not a Halo noob. Devine Star is superior.)
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/6/2013 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]