Blacksmithing ghost iron... Stuff?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I was looking at MMO champion, and this may just be data mine trolling that blizzard occasionally does, but if it's not, does anyone know what's up with blacksmithing getting plans for random ghost iron objects like spoons, barrels, crates, frames, ect? Seems really odd.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Looks like it's meant to make it easier to level BS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Gnorf
Looks like it's meant to make it easier to level BS.

Exactly what it is, along the same lines as they did with cooking.

Will it go live??? I doubt that it goes live until it exists for all proffs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hope it does, I've stockpile a fairly large quantity of ghost iron... and I could see the profits roll in real fast if this goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I think this change is garbage. Blacksmithing has always been one of those profs where you're going to pay the price if you reroll that from 1-600, a 5-figure price. Now it'll cost like 2-3k or something? There'll be blacksmiths everywhere.

It should be a nontrivial decision to develop a prof like this, now we'll have the crafted Thunderforged weapons selling for Mats cost due to oversupply.

Also, the old world mats might as well not even exist. Mithril nodes, Thorium nodes? They're good for nothing now unless you're levelling mining. You might as well vendor the ore you mine from them when this change hits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What does not change, is dead. Bring on the changes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If BS is going to become EZ mode to level to 500, they should also do alchemy, JC, engineering, LW, enchanting and tailoring.
Reply Quote
82 Goblin Shaman
02/01/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Udderhchaos
If BS is going to become EZ mode to level to 500, they should also do alchemy, JC, engineering, LW, enchanting and tailoring.

alchemy and engineering are already easy mode, this would make it joke mode.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
This is kind of a dumb idea. BS doesn't need this. Period. LW does. Period. I'm not violently opposed to the idea entirely, just disappointed that once again Blizzard takes the cheap, lazy way out of solving a problem - seeing as this only benefits existing max-level players it does nothing to make professions accessible to new players. I know that going back and adjusting material requirements for recipes, and possibly creating new recipes to fill in the gaps would take some time, but it would be better in the long run.

Are they going to change these training recipes to the next basic metal once the next expansion comes out? Just like the new talent system, any "Solution" that still needs to be completely overhauled for each expansion is just a crappy band-aid fix.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
02/01/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Gruuv
Also, the old world mats might as well not even exist. Mithril nodes, Thorium nodes? They're good for nothing now unless you're levelling mining. You might as well vendor the ore you mine from them when this change hits.

Word. If Blizzard is trying to destroy the in-game economy this is not a bad start.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
Yes, I would absolutely prefer seeing them tune down the mats requirements for some lower level crafts, with how fast you level now, trying to keep up a trade skill a you level is almost impossible. My last LWer was still farming level thirty mobs for enough skins to level Lw while level fifty. But to toss it out completely like they did with cooking? No.

Ok for secondary profs, bad for primary
Reply Quote
Did I miss something? Compared to every other profession I thought getting to 600 was cake for blacksmithing.

Cobalt was the only thing I hated trying to find.
Edited by Pipchaos on 2/3/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Did I miss something? Compared to every other profession I thought getting to 600 was cake for blacksmithing.

Colbalt is easy.

Fel Iron and Adamantite are the pain in the asses.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus

Have you actually leveled professions recently? Pre-crz go out for 30 minutes and get 10-15 stacks of thorium. Post crz go for 30 mins and get 1-2 stacks of thorium, make 1 item, vendor it for 1g.

Note their was a study posted on the forums about 6 months ago with alchemy the cheapest and blacksmithing the most expensive at more then 4x the cost of alchemy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]