Looking for a guild (ally) Chat/Raid/PvP/Fun

Girlfriend and me are looking for a guild of mature gamers who raid/quest/pvp/chat and joke or don't mind adult humor. We are mage and warlock on alliance side. We have only played WoW for about a year as horde in a semi raiding guild , then had to take a break after our pc's blew up after a thunderstorm lol (we both played eq and eq2 for 3-4 years in hardcore guilds).. long story short we came back and our old guild is pretty much gone so we decided to play on alliance and start over.

We would like a guild that has active people on that talk and joke once in awhile, we both have a sick sense of humor. We log on usually pretty daily and even more so if the guild is active as well. We are Mountain time, dedicated, don't need anything (i.e. repairs, bank tabs, money) except questions answered or your time with groups once in awhile, we are pretty much WoW nubs with the exception of some things. Funny how you can leave and come back and forget everything.

We have children and 8-5 jobs so raiding would have to be semi-flexible. We are also low level and don't rush too much so it might take a bit before we could raid/group. We both like crafting and helping out when we can with whatever we can. We both have used vent forever but don't know what the cool kids use now for chat. We both enjoy BG's but have only done WotLK so pvp is fun but not a staple of why we play.

Active guild with more than a few silent boring people is more important than level of the guild or perks. We don't like to guild hop so if your guild is drama and always on the edge of splitting we aren't interested. If you want more info just /tell Émber, reply here or message me.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I hate to bump my own post but I guess this isn't the best forum to LFGuild. Can anyone maybe recommend a decent guild then or somewhere aside from LFGuild tool which seems outdated and difficult to use with the high turn-around on guilds?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I honestly don't think that many people visit these forums unfortunately :( (my theory is that there are about 15 people that look at these forums on most days...). Most casual guilds I find tend to recruit either in trade or just by meeting people through their regular playing and getting people to join that way. I have met some pretty nice people on SS (and yes there are many trolls too :P). Just sort of have to get know people really.

I would suggest that one thing you could do though is really sort of try to meet people through just playing, chatting and so on before tagging with a guild (especially if you aren't the guild hopping type). You will really want to meet people in similar situations as your selves (both in and out of game...).

Anyhow good luck out there. (if you bug me in game, I'll see if I can point you to some guilds with nice people... I have no idea if they are recruiting though)
Edited by Yueying on 2/1/2013 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks, I appreciate your input, we are just going to keep leveling up then and looking. Is there a forum thats more active? The guild tool is hard to get a feel for the guild itself. How many people are generally on and weither they even like or just tolerate one another. We have been sucked into the auto-invite !@#$ many times and not many in those guilds talk or even like one another lol let alone group or raid together.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If you want to know how many are online in any given guild it is very easy to do. At the chat prompt just type:

/who "the guild's name in these quotes"

That will tell you who is online at the time that you are checking.

Auto-invites are generally bad because it means they are doing absolutely no screening.

I'm really not into the casual guild scene so I can't speak for how those guilds are organized or even what their invite procedures are. However, one thing that I do believe in fairly strongly is that you will want a guild that actually is more restrictive about who they invite (ie getting in requires more than just asking for an invite). I know it sounds wierd... almost counter intuitive... but the guilds with more rules tends to actually be more cohesive and friendly on the inside than ones with very few.

When I first started to play (way way back in vanilla) I got into PV's predecessor on my cousin's recommendation. I didn't know anyone then. I didn't know how to play my toon (I was a munter back then) and I was generally clueless about how guilds worked. I thought that raiding was just about inviting a bunch of people of the right class to play together.

But, I've learned a lot since then. You don't just want people. You want people on the same wavelength. Whether it is how you view progression or how you view life. I have not experienced a lot of different guilds (only 2 others outside of PV and PV's predecessor). I have however been a guest for raids in guild runs. Some raids are more laid back, some have a lot of yelling. Some are polite, while some are crass. Unless you have been in them though... you really don't know what it will be like.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Heya -

So - if you're still interested in a guild you should check out my guild Enforcers of Justice (EOJ). We're super social and friendly - we welcome all our guild members to a stress free and enjoyable in game environment. We do lots to keep our members active, social and interested in the game, such as small weekly guild events, larger monthly events, witty banter between players and mumble for voice chat. We're just over all a super awesome guild...but I am a bit biased ;). We level toons, run dungeons, achievements, mount runs, random fun stuffs....we do lots.

Anyway - if you're interested you can find me in game or just /who enforcers of justice and whisper anyone asking for Irii :)

enforcersofjustice@groups.facebook.com
Reply Quote
If you want to know how many are online in any given guild it is very easy to do. At the chat prompt just type:

/who "the guild's name in these quotes"

That will tell you who is online at the time that you are checking.

Auto-invites are generally bad because it means they are doing absolutely no screening.

I'm really not into the casual guild scene so I can't speak for how those guilds are organized or even what their invite procedures are. However, one thing that I do believe in fairly strongly is that you will want a guild that actually is more restrictive about who they invite (ie getting in requires more than just asking for an invite). I know it sounds wierd... almost counter intuitive... but the guilds with more rules tends to actually be more cohesive and friendly on the inside than ones with very few.

When I first started to play (way way back in vanilla) I got into PV's predecessor on my cousin's recommendation. I didn't know anyone then. I didn't know how to play my toon (I was a munter back then) and I was generally clueless about how guilds worked. I thought that raiding was just about inviting a bunch of people of the right class to play together.

But, I've learned a lot since then. You don't just want people. You want people on the same wavelength. Whether it is how you view progression or how you view life. I have not experienced a lot of different guilds (only 2 others outside of PV and PV's predecessor). I have however been a guest for raids in guild runs. Some raids are more laid back, some have a lot of yelling. Some are polite, while some are crass. Unless you have been in them though... you really don't know what it will be like.

I really appreciate your info, I've ran 2 hard core raiding guilds for years so the casual thing is new to me as well lol but just not as familiar with WoW but I do have a 85-90ish mage on horde that was in a raiding guild during wotlk. So when I say I'm a nub its more some people have been here for years and my girlfriend and me have only played for a year or so. and took a long break. Its easy to forget a lot of things.

Back in my day we had to app for a guild on their web site, and had months to recruit and be voted on ect ect.. dragon kill points, uphill both ways in the snow at 4 am going after a contested.

Heya -

So - if you're still interested in a guild you should check out my guild Enforcers of Justice (EOJ). We're super social and friendly - we welcome all our guild members to a stress free and enjoyable in game environment. We do lots to keep our members active, social and interested in the game, such as small weekly guild events, larger monthly events, witty banter between players and mumble for voice chat. We're just over all a super awesome guild...but I am a bit biased ;). We level toons, run dungeons, achievements, mount runs, random fun stuffs....we do lots.

Anyway - if you're interested you can find me in game or just /who enforcers of justice and whisper anyone asking for Irii :)

enforcersofjustice@groups.facebook.com

I'm glad you posted and I will definitely send you a tell and ask you a few questions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]