New prot FC, have a pretty basic question

90 Night Elf Warrior
Do i sacrifice the jewelers stam gems to stack an extra 320 resil? Just seems like blizzard derped big time by not adding resil jewelers gems.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
You could do the math and see if however much resilience you would get in those slots would be more damage reduction than however much stam from the jewlers gems you could fit in there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
i suck at math, thanks tho, ill figure it out
Reply Quote
Yes stack resil. This may change when they bring the JC gems in 5.2 but it is always better to stack resil.

ALL yellow gems except the head gem where u get a +XX +160 resil (helm bonus gives more resil)

You will always have more 'effective health' by stacking resil just by the way it scales. I won't bother explaining how this works but it far and away outweighs every stat for FCers.

If you wanna see the math and more detail check this post out:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228345-mists-pvp-power-and-resilience-guide/
Reply Quote
wait, am i gemmed wrong is it all really personal preference?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
honestly jc is the best proffesion for pvp because they have the extra pvp power or resilience. my enchanting is 480 stam or 320 str, not bad but i really want a pvp ring enchant.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Jewelcrafting does not have a resilience serpent eye atm, we have stam for FC's, thats about it
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
^ yep. JC has been bad this expansion as far as procs/jewler's gems. I am going BS for the money making in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
really, my bad i thought they had the gem. its only thing i have not maxed atm so woops. lol so bs the profession to be for pvp because of the extra slots for pvp gems :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
For me personally, I stack resilience all the way. Hard stacking resilience with any enchants that give me resilience have yielded a 66.5% resilience level, with gearing of course.

Stamina in an FC situation would only be useful really for the healing pillow and healing tier, as the more health you have, the more you have returned through the effects.

But as it stands, you're better off hard stacking resilience for the statci damage reduction is provides, as when combined with your defensive stance, gives a very sound damage reduction, even more so if it's melee coming for you as the plate and shield then kicks in aswell.
Edited by Denndei on 1/31/2013 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/31/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Denndei
Stamina in an FC situation would only be useful really for the healing pillow and healing tier, as the more health you have, the more you have returned through the effects.

Even then resilience would provide more effective health returned than stamina.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]