Critical: Poor FPS Issues STILL!

90 Gnome Mage
@Blues: Are there really no solutions to this poor FPS issue that has once again popped up? I've had problems like this before and in the past your solutions have worked but something is off and I can't play the game on anything other than fair quality. Can you all come up with nothing? Are these problems not being replicated back there? I'm literally stumped on what else to do, the game is only giving me about 10-15 FPS at the moment on lowest graphic option and that's unbearable! I'm almost tempted to see if I installed WoW on Windows (via Bootcamp) if the problem would still persist...

Things I've tried: complete reinstall, setting graphics to fair, capping FPS @ 60, removing all addons, deleting the WTF, interface, and both cache folders, disabling automatic graphic switching, resetting the SMC controller, elevating the laptop up using a laptop stand (to help with heating issues), poking my eye, etc.

My system specs: Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2011), 2.2 GHz i7, 8 GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB.

Update: Something new I tried this morning was switching between the 32 and 64-bit clients (I was using the 64-bit above). No resolution there. Installing Windows now via Bootcamp and will try and reinstall WoW because this is just unplayable.
Edited by Lindár on 1/30/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Blues:

Things I've tried: poking my eye, etc.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
No changes still. I did install WoW on a Windows partition and there is a difference in FPS. For instance graphics were started on high when I entered the game and I was getting around 30-50 FPS; compared to the Mac version with those same settings I am only getting 10-20 FPS (if that).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I decided to put in another ticket since the issues were being mentioned on the forum again and the response given to me was:

"I took a look at your ticket and I wanted to let you know that the issue that you are having is due to issues with the memory optimization on the latest release of the Mac OS X. This is not an issue that blizzard can resolve and it is up to Apple to fix the performance problems."

Finally, an answer. Well, although I do not know when the problem will be fixed, I, at least, know the cause. Only took just a little over five months for an answer.

it's an apple problem.. probably will continue until 10.8.3 comes out, have no idea when that will happen, though.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something that is an on-going investigation. From internal testing we're not seeing the same behaviors, which makes it hard to provide changes. I'll touch base with the team again and see what other information they may need.

The only know issues I know of right now is with an EFI update shortly after 10.8.2 that seems to cause performance issues by can be short-term resolved with an SMC reset; but the issue may occur again. This is something we've escalated to Apple.

02/05/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Marc
"I took a look at your ticket and I wanted to let you know that the issue that you are having is due to issues with the memory optimization on the latest release of the Mac OS X. This is not an issue that blizzard can resolve and it is up to Apple to fix the performance problems."

AFAIK, this isn't something we've experienced or is a known issue. I'll touch base with the team on this to see if this is true.
Edited by Machkhan on 2/7/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Try this if you'd like:
-Scroll slider to Ultra:

In the "Display" section:
> Multisampling: 1x
> Vertical Sync: Disabled

In the "Graphics" section:
> Shadow Quality: Low
> Liquid Detail: Low
> Sunshafts: Disabled
> Particle Density: Good
> SSAO: Disabled

Those are the ones that really mess with the performance, everything else leave at whatever you want.

If i were you (also) I'd cap the FPS at 40, so your computer doesn't run too hot.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
That is some good solid advice Demonsz :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]