A buff for wiping in raid finder

90 Draenei Shaman
To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.

I guess its sort of ok. I mean I dont think people ever really wipe on LFR bosses more than once.
90 Worgen Hunter
I never realized how much f can look like t.
90 Orc Warlock
Couldn't you just have someone take one for the team, strip naked, and die over and over to the boss until they get 10 stacks and then people can just super EZ mode clear the boss.
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/30/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Couldn't you just have someone take one for the team, strip naked, and die over and over to the boss until they get 10 stacks and then people can just super EZ mode clear the boss.

You'd run into rez timer issues doing that, but why not have 10 people do it?

Edit: Guys, I'm just trying to wipe this thread so we can start it again with a 5% buff.
Edited by Adarant on 1/30/2013 1:09 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
01/30/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Loktronotron

To be honest yeah part of me does thing someone would end up abusing this system. In theory it does look good though, they probable have to make some stipulation where all 25 people have to die or something like that to prevent abuse.
90 Troll Death Knight
I'm hoping that they are adding this because LFR is being tuned higher than in 5.0.

Edit: And they would definitely need some kind of mechanic that detects if just a couple people pulled the boss.
Edited by Walzee on 1/30/2013 1:12 PM PST
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Zerde
all 25 people have to die or something like that to prevent abuse.
There will always be the hunter feign death or mage iceblock or invis or w/e they do that would break it that way too. I honestly think that if people are complaining about LFR's difficulty, they really need to reconsider things. Yeah it's nice to have people stick with a group and not have to wait for new people every pull. The hardest part about LFR Garalon when it came out was waiting for a full raid. But the people who just quit after a wipe are often the kind of people you don't really need in your group anyway.
1 Pandaren Mage
Raid Finder needs to be even easier?
90 Human Death Knight
I would like to see the denizens of D&R propose a name for this buff.
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow, just wow.

It will now be the norm to pull a boss and reset it just to build up a buff on certain bosses.

This is just sad.
90 Troll Mage
I just got out of a MSV Raid Finder group that continuously wiped to the Spirit Kings enrage timer (didn't know those still existed in LFR), the next highest DPS was 45k...yeah LFR needs this.
90 Human Priest
Blizzard pretty much calling the average LFR-goer terrible

Just wish Blizzard could/would encourage people to get better instead of just lowering and lowering the bar.
Edited by Dayuv on 1/30/2013 1:41 PM PST
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Therec
I just got out of a MSV Raid Finder group that continuously wiped to the Spirit Kings enrage timer (didn't know those still existed in LFR), the next highest DPS was 45k...yeah LFR needs this.
Or just VTK the people who are doing nothing and the people who continuously wipe. Why give a buff that benefits people who aren't trying? Why not kick the people who aren't trying and get the "buff" of a useful player who actually deserves to get the kill coming in in his place?
90 Troll Mage
Or just VTK the people who are doing nothing and the people who continuously wipe. Why give a buff that benefits people who aren't trying? Why not kick the people who aren't trying and get the "buff" of a useful player who actually deserves to get the kill coming in in his place?

You can't VTK half the raid.

Anyways I know that my situation was a rare thing, most LFR groups can make it through the bosses with relative ease, however they do need something to quell the turnover of those awful groups.
Edited by Therec on 1/30/2013 1:41 PM PST
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Therec
You can't VTK half the raid.
You can't? Since when? If it's obvious that certain people are holding you back you kick them. If your group refuses to kick people even after you patiently and kindly suggest that the problem is the lack of DPS or constant deaths or lack of healing from certain people, then just leave. Not worth the time and effort, might as well find another group. A buff like this is only rewarding bad play and bad players. The only thing it'll do is make people who ARE trying able to carry just that much harder. Don't make a buff that puts more responsibility on people who try and more benefit on people who don't.
Maybe they're increasing the difficulty of LFR in 5.2? If all 5.2 LFR are as difficult or more difficult than the current Galaron, I can see this buff being required.

In most LFR runs, Galaron seems to wipe most groups.
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Cyberelle
In most LFR runs, Galaron seems to wipe most groups.
All you needed for Garalon was 2-3 people who knew how to run Pheromones and tell everyone not to get crushed. If people got crushed more than once and obviously didn't learn, they got kicked. I never really had all that much trouble with Garalon in LFR because I took the responsibility of pheromones and explained how to do them to anyone who didn't know but wanted to run them. Yeah you would wipe, but removing the people who wiped you to crush usually did the trick. There wasn't a buff needed, you just had to utilize your VTK.
90 Orc Warlock
I'm hoping that they are adding this because LFR is being tuned higher than in 5.0.

Edit: And they would definitely need some kind of mechanic that detects if just a couple people pulled the boss.

Nah, it's because when LFR is first released, even though it's still easy, most of the raid will have no idea what they're doing. I'm imagining people will be tunneling Horridon and not touching the adds, standing in puddles of fire, soaking cleaves, etc. Think first few weeks of MV when everyone fell through the floor on Elegon despite multiple raid warning to get off the platform.

This is just going to make it easier. Honestly though, I think it's pathetic. You can get by in LFR literally with multiple people AFK. It doesn't need to be any easier. If it does get even more undertuned, people will eventually realize they are just being funneled through a weekly gear machine and I think you'll start to lose subs from the very people LFR is aimed at.
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Zakigga
If it does get even more undertuned, people will eventually realize they are just being funneled through a weekly gear machine and I think you'll start to lose subs from the very people LFR is aimed at.
Not to mention that even if they do reduce the difficulty of LFR and provide up to a 50% damage buff to the raid, people will still complain that it's not enough and it's too difficult.
90 Draenei Shaman
Can the buff actually be called "YOU SUCK!" That'd be entertaining at least.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]