A buff for wiping in raid finder

100 Human Mage
01/30/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Zulning

You can only run each LFR once a week.

2 hr Heroic dungeons are not fun. 2 hr LFR is fine.

I raid 9 hrs a week in my guild. We are 4/16HM. (Many working on similar short amount of time are much further than us) I don't want to be stuck on 8 hrs a week on LFR. And that's not including queue time. If you want 2 hrs to clear bosses with randoms go do cross realm raiding or pugs.

LFR isn't really designed for people that do Normal/Heroic raids.
90 Troll Rogue

Thus making LFR take waaay to long. While there are some (id say very tiny group) who want the challenge of a raid but don't have the time to devote to a guild, that's what pugs are for and cross realm T14 raiding as well.

What I don't get is, if they're using this to tune LFR higher, wont this just recreate Cata heroic 5 man "disaster"? What's the difference really?

The difference is that raiding is raiding, not 5 mans. If you don't have the time to do a raid, don't queue for it. For people who can only do LFR because they don't have a guild or can't commit to organized raiding but still have the skillset and desire to face bosses that have meaningful mechanics, it's pretty darn disappointing to deal with faceroll LFR difficulty. Like the blue mentioned, there is a broad range between trivial and impossible.

Essentially, if you wanna raid with people that are handpicked and can be vouched for, making LFR more "meaty" isn't ever going to hinder your ability to do that.

But isn't that what pugging normal modes and cross realm heroic T14 is for? I mean I get the idea of not having time to have a set time to raid but, there's other methods of challenging raiding outside of a guild environment.
100 Human Mage
01/30/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Worgenbane

You can only run each LFR once a week.

2 hr Heroic dungeons are not fun. 2 hr LFR is fine.

No. LFR is for people that don't have the time to commit to an actual raid. 2 hour actual raids are fine. 2 hour LFR defeats the purpose of LFR.

IMO LFR is for people that don't want to or can't play on a schedule not that they can't find 2 hours together to be able to play.
90 Troll Rogue

I raid 9 hrs a week in my guild. We are 4/16HM. (Many working on similar short amount of time are much further than us) I don't want to be stuck on 8 hrs a week on LFR. And that's not including queue time. If you want 2 hrs to clear bosses with randoms go do cross realm raiding or pugs.

LFR isn't really designed for people that do Normal/Heroic raids.

If it wasn't designed for it then there'd be a loot lock between normal/heroic and LFR for the legendary items and rep. There isn't. They've also said in the past they want raiders in there to keep it running smoothly. (As evidenced by the sometimes awful LFR conditions on weekends).
100 Human Mage

The difference is that raiding is raiding, not 5 mans. If you don't have the time to do a raid, don't queue for it. For people who can only do LFR because they don't have a guild or can't commit to organized raiding but still have the skillset and desire to face bosses that have meaningful mechanics, it's pretty darn disappointing to deal with faceroll LFR difficulty. Like the blue mentioned, there is a broad range between trivial and impossible.

Essentially, if you wanna raid with people that are handpicked and can be vouched for, making LFR more "meaty" isn't ever going to hinder your ability to do that.

But isn't that what pugging normal modes and cross realm heroic T14 is for? I mean I get the idea of not having time to have a set time to raid but, there's other methods of challenging raiding outside of a guild environment.

Even when my server was high pop finding a pug would take hours/days which is hardly an acceptable alternative to normal raiding for those that don't want to raid on a schedule.

And cross realm raids usually take days to setup.
Edited by Astriel on 1/30/2013 9:51 PM PST
100 Tauren Warrior

No. LFR is for people that don't have the time to commit to an actual raid. 2 hour actual raids are fine. 2 hour LFR defeats the purpose of LFR.

IMO LFR is for people that don't want to or can't play on a schedule not that they can't find 2 hours together to be able to play.

I do LFR because I have work, family and friends that take up my time. Hell I can't even manage to do more than Terrace and Last half of HoF each week. If LFR was 2 hours long I would have to stop playing because I wouldn't have time to do it especially if said 2 hours doesn't include the 30 minute queue.
90 Troll Rogue

Isn't that what pugging and cross realm raiding is for? No schedule required for those. Especially pugging. Just sit in SW/Org at prime time and there's plenty of people looking for groups.

On my medium pop server there's always pugs going on off MsV and some of HoF and Terrace even. Normally some guild has missing players they need to fill.

Cross realm raiding there's always the option to say "tentatively coming" and change it to yes or no as your schedule becomes more clear.
Edited by Zulning on 1/30/2013 9:55 PM PST
100 Human Hunter
This rewards groups who wipe, they get stronger more powerful
If your struggling you wont try harder youll do the same effort but you'll get the reward as if you did try harder your 30k dps thats not good enough all of a sudden is 40k dps even though you did nothing to improve yourself.

AFK ers will be ripe there will be groups with 1/2 the raid afk, they dont care they will eventually get the drops anyway.
They dont even need to be there they can wonder off for a few pulls come back when the buff has them auto attacking at 40k, if players set farming bots why not an lfr bot, alt tab out check every 20 mins to see where the buffs at eventually youll get loot regardless of how well you actually play

There will be groups who dont mind having their toons sit in LFR for 2 hours because they are actually doing something else, they are reading facebook, watching youtube the character is getting closer to gear even though they are not having to put in effort because the longer they sit them in there as long as someone is pulling every now and again the closer to the prize they get, you dont need to play to get better you need to be afk .

Alt tab back after 2 hours on facebook, the toon now has a 40% boost and a half assed effort to actually play to collect your loot is all thats needed. Groups will be doing this play for 5 mins for a guaranteed kill thats worth logging the toon in 2 hours before you actually start playing.
I play from 8 onwards each night, i could log in at 6 sit my toon in LFR while i cook dinner feed the kids take out the garbage at 8 when its my game time ive got a free kill handed to me no effort im 40% stronger than i should be because ive been in lfr wiping wile actually afk.
90 Human Rogue
If this means raid finder's mechanics will become less trivial, and this change is to compensate, I am whole-heartedly in favor.

If not, well, it's raid finder. you can't get easier than auto-win-while-afk, so bring on the player buffs xD
100 Human Mage

Isn't that what pugging and cross realm raiding is for? No schedule required for those. Especially pugging. Just sit in SW/Org at prime time and there's plenty of people looking for groups.

Hmm grand total of 50 lvl 90s on at prime time. Hardly think that there are plenty of people looking for a pug on my server.

But even when my server was high pop back in WotlK you had to wait many hours to find a pug.
100 Human Mage
01/30/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Starzein
lt tab back after 2 hours on facebook, the toon now has a 40% boost and a half assed effort to actually play to collect your loot is all thats needed.

I have yet to see a LFR group that wouldn't kick someone for being afk for 1 min yet alone 2 hours.
58 Tauren Death Knight
[quote="78092484117"]

I agree that LFR is for people who can't commit to actual raiding; it is fantastic being able to log on at any time and jump into a raid within a reasonable frame of time. This function of LFR alone satisfies what you said "LFR is something for people who can't or don't do actual raids."

HOWEVER
I don't agree that there should be an arbitrary time frame in which LFR should be cleared under. Raids in this game have historically been bigger and more elaborate in scope compared to 5 mans; that shouldn't ever change even at the LFR level. Not only do raids have a weekly lockout because of this reason, but LFR even takes it a step further and breaks down raids into smaller segments on top of that. Making it too easy only serves to make the content itself considerably less engaging, thus you see people who just AFK through it or barely perform only what is required of them. It's not fun for them and it's not fun for the group.
100 Undead Warlock
A butt for whiping in Raid Finder
90 Orc Shaman

I do LFR because I have work, family and friends that take up my time. Hell I can't even manage to do more than Terrace and Last half of HoF each week. If LFR was 2 hours long I would have to stop playing because I wouldn't have time to do it especially if said 2 hours doesn't include the 30 minute queue.

Hell maybe MMOs aren't for you, then?
100 Pandaren Warrior
I don't even hate LFR.

Because I found a much more efficient way to deal with it.
100 Human Hunter
01/30/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Astriel
have yet to see a LFR group that wouldn't kick someone for being afk for 1 min yet alone 2 hours

Now yeah sure but if being AFK is actually giving the group a buff boosting them it'll start to happen

LFG, 20 people to sit afk for 2 hours in LFR will pay 20g per head, you can make a group specifically to do this and players will.

If i was going out for an hour i'd join a group like that and go out without logging the toon off, in fact id put my toon in LFR everytime i was going afk for an hour or two
There are bg bots that get kicked and just go into another bg the player isnt controlling them they only need one bg they dont get kicked from for free honor to be worth it.

Players do this all the time BGs are full of honor bots and kicking them doesn't stop it happening

This means LFR is now a place itll happen too, will my afk bot be booted yep sometimes but all i need is one group with other afk bots in it and im fine free loot.
You cant reward wipes or people will choose to wipe rather than try.
Anyone who supports this go away. LFR is so ridiculously easy that its a crime to even think player's need buffs to complete them. There is only one fix that needs to happen to LFR and that is the role selection. Too many people Q as healer then come in and dps. Make it so that they can only enter the LFR if they are in the spec they Q'd for and make it impossible to switch out of during the LFR.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Change dosnt hurt anyone but watch people complain anyway.
58 Tauren Death Knight
[quote]

Yes, totally design the game around your schedule.

I mean, god forbid if people play more than you right?

Or want more engaging content.

Honestly. This isn't even an argument.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
01/30/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Minko
Change dosnt hurt anyone but watch people complain anyway.

The integrity of the game, but that's pretty much dead by now
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]