A buff for wiping in raid finder

90 Pandaren Monk
01/30/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Bashiok
Couldn't you just have someone take one for the team, strip naked, and die over and over to the boss until they get 10 stacks and then people can just super EZ mode clear the boss.

There is a minimum attempt requirement before the system 'credits' you with a wipe. It should always be more time-efficient to not wipe at all, but if it isn't we can tweak the threshold.

Raid Finder needs to be even easier?

We don't think LFR is too difficult, but in order to make it the right difficulty for 25 strangers with little-to-no coordination we did have to trivialize some encounters and mechanics. With a system that can correct for variances in groups, encounters don't have to be quite so binary (trivial vs. impossible). Mechanics can be more meaningful, while encouraging players to stay with groups that run into some difficulty, rather than quit and re-queue.

If i put a blind fold on my dog, spun her around 40 times, and let her run around in a field.. She would have more coordination then a typical LFR group.

LFR is really starting to get a lot like a little leaque baseball team, at the end of the season everyone gets an award, even the guy who did nothing, and didn't try what so ever.

Effort : Reward ratio in LFR is close to 0%
90 Pandaren Monk
And here I've been hoping they would make LFR a little more difficult...

Perhaps the next million dollar invention is a keyboard-face-pad to help reduce bruising associated with our face rolling. ;)
90 Blood Elf Priest
I mean with all due respect, at least they're trying to come up with something. I agree with what Entitlement said, and I would absolutely never run LFR ever, ever EVER again if people started intentionally wiping bosses 10x in a row right at the start. However, if they can somehow provide the buff while preventing that scenario, I'd be all for it. I don't care who they're pandering to, as long as I can get through LFR without it being borderline insufferable for any player that commits to using at least half of their brain for the duration of the raid. If you have been cursed to join a group that can't clear a boss without wiping over and over, wouldn't you rather be given a buff that can basically turn that fight into a free pass to the next boss? Heck, whenever I'm in LFR I just wanna get it over with as fast as possible.
90 Pandaren Monk
I would like to see the denizens of D&R propose a name for this buff.

Entitlement

I vote this too
90 Pandaren Warrior
Wait this is actually happening?

Ok I take back what I said about hating the tank/warrior DPS trinkets this tier.

Please make them worse next tier so I don't have to do LFR for them
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a hunter, I have to ask: Will this buff also be put on pets like the one from ICC?
3 Pandaren Warrior

We don't think LFR is too difficult, but in order to make it the right difficulty for 25 strangers with little-to-no coordination we did have to trivialize some encounters and mechanics.

By that you mean turning everything into Patchwerk.
Edited by Zergallyeah on 1/30/2013 2:47 PM PST
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/30/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Zergallyeah
By that you mean turning everything in Patchwerk.

Patchwerk was pretty tightly tuned in nax 40, I feel bad that the encounters been dragged through the entitled mud so bad.
90 Undead Mage
This is a good change imo. i play on US server in the same BG as the brazilian servers. you can't communicate with half of you're raid and then you wipe.
90 Dwarf Shaman
This is a good change imo. i play on US server in the same BG as the brazilian servers. you can't communicate with half of you're raid and then you wipe.

And now, you will wipe and then not be able to communicate, 10 times.
90 Blood Elf Priest

We don't think LFR is too difficult, but in order to make it the right difficulty for 25 strangers with little-to-no coordination we did have to trivialize some encounters and mechanics.

By that you mean turning everything in Patchwerk.

If that were true, no one would ever wipe in LFR. And unfortunately that is not the case. Close, yes, but not entirely true. I'm thinking specifically of Elegon and his magically disappearing raid platform. /gigglesnort
90 Dwarf Shaman
How many wipes does it take to get to the center of a 28.5 gold bag?

01/30/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Leery
If that were true, no one would ever wipe in LFR. And unfortunately that is not the case. Close, yes, but not entirely true. I'm thinking specifically of Elegon and his magically disappearing raid platform. /gigglesnort

No, people wiped on the most patchwerk of patchwerks.
Edited by Entitlement on 1/30/2013 2:50 PM PST
90 Human Rogue
The way to get #1 LFR parses is now directly linked to griefing. Sweet. Just remember to bring enough friends who also want #1 LFR parses to not get booted.

01/30/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Entitlement
You know, it's gonna be mailed epics soon.

At this point what's the difference? If failure becomes actually impossible (and not just theoretically impossibe) they might as well just save me the 40 minutes of my time and mail me what ever it is your going to make me grind for the next stage of the legendary quest. For the record I don't actually care about what they to do LFR, as long as this buff never makes it to normal or heroic that's fine, but lets call a spade a spade.
90 Blood Elf Priest
How many wipes does it take to get to the center of a 28.5 gold bag?

No, people wiped on the most patchwerk of patchwerks.

Brain dead raiders at their finest. So, consider you've been thrust into LFR with this type of group. Would you rather leave and take the time to wait for another queue (and possibly another brain dead group), or would you rather be given a little push through to the next boss? That is, of course, assuming people won't abuse that buff, or (as I'm hoping is the case), Blizzard makes the abuse of said buff unappealing.
Edited by Leery on 1/30/2013 2:57 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
If someone comes into a raid finder group in progress that has wiped a few times will the automatically get the buff or do they need to wipe as well.
90 Gnome Warrior
First off, I'm actually surprised it has come to this.

But if they're really going to do this, the buff should only gain stacks if the boss in question is sub-50% in health or something like that at the time of the wipe.

There needs to be a defined way that not only discourages people from exploiting that buff, but makes it so inefficient to do so that people won't even consider that path.
Edited by Gruuv on 1/30/2013 2:59 PM PST
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/30/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Leery
Brain dead raiders at their finest. So, consider you've been thrust into LFR with this type of group. Would you rather leave and take the time to wait for another queue (and possibly another brain dead group), or would you rather be given a little push through to the next boss? That is, of course, assuming people won't abuse that buff, or (as I'm hoping is the case), Blizzard makes the abuse of said buff unappealing.

I'd rather leave.

This is World of Warcraft, Abusing everything is what people do at every level of the game.
90 Blood Elf Priest
First off, I'm actually surprised it has come to this.

But if they're really going to do this, the buff should only gain stacks if the boss in question is sub-50% in health or something like that.

There needs to be a defined way that not only discourages people from exploiting that buff, but makes it so inefficient to do so that people won't even consider that path.

My sentiment exactly.
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/30/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
I don't actually care about what they to do LFR, as long as this buff never makes it to normal or heroic that's fine

Coming from playing WoW since Alpha;

This is beta testing the buff to be used in tier 16, I'm calling it now and will bump this post next year.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]