Don't want the buff on?
Then don't suck.
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/30/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Myboy
Don't want the buff on?

only 4% control on that matter.
90 Troll Rogue
01/30/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
The way to get #1 LFR parses is now directly linked to griefing.

So I'm not the only one who immediately thought this, rewarding failure with this system just seems out of whack.

It does also allow them to just put lfr out there probably in a slightly challenging state that requires non brain dead people and let the system sort out the groups rather then actively tweaking the content themselves.
Edited by Sabod on 1/30/2013 3:20 PM PST
90 Dwarf Death Knight
damn, my wowheroes is gonna look weak without a bunch of top 10 LFR parses :(
90 Draenei Shaman
How about this:

Any player incapable of fighting a given boss correctly can opt to have their character played for them by a nearby "expert npc" while the player watches and learns.

/end sarcasm

*sigh* this buff makes me sad for all of wow. What the heck is raiding even in LFR if it's NEVER supposed to be a challenge at all?? Nerfs are not the answer to every challenge, there's got to be a better way.
I have some fear for how this will turn out.

A buff to encourage groups to stick together sounds fine in abstract, but if the designers feel enabled to tune LFR harder, I think that would be bad.

Yes I said it: I don't want LFR to be harder.

I already am reluctant to queue for Dread Approach (1st half Heart of Fear), because of the tank-killing trash at the start and the raid-killing Garalon at the end.

Even in his nerfed form, Garalon still kills 30% of the groups I'm in, and wipes lead to grumbling and finger-pointing and generally an unpleasant experience.

I don't want the designers to buff all the bosses to Garalon levels of raid stress.
90 Human Death Knight
This is a great change really. Thanks for clearing it up Bashiok! Was really getting tired of some of my 28.5 gold going to unneeded repairs.
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the buff. If you don't like and run LFR, why do you even care? Go get your epics from normal and heroic mode. Leave people who run LFR alone.

I can't believe it, people complain for everything.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I disagree with this. There needs to be -some- kind of skill check before you can just get your entry-level raid gear. We can already get Valor gear without stepping into any sort of group instance. LFR is not difficult... it's not meant to be!

Please don't further trivialize the raid experience just because there are those who are too lazy/impatient to read the Dungeon Journal or learn their class.
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard pretty much calling the average LFR-goer terrible

Just wish Blizzard could/would encourage people to get better instead of just lowering and lowering the bar.

LFR is boring enough as it is, why would they make it even easier?
90 Draenei Shaman
How about this:

Any player incapable of fighting a given boss correctly can opt to have their character played for them by a nearby "expert npc" while the player watches and learns.

/end sarcasm

*sigh* this buff makes me sad for all of wow. What the heck is raiding even in LFR if it's NEVER supposed to be a challenge at all?? Nerfs are not the answer to every challenge, there's got to be a better way.

lol its looking like its going to come to that eventually
90 Orc Warlock
Thanks for the buff. If you don't like and run LFR, why do you even care? Go get your epics from normal and heroic mode. Leave people who run LFR alone.

You know those people you're telling to stay out of LFR are the same people carrying you and the other 23 randoms through it right?

There is absolutely no reason that Blizzard should reward people for being bad, or reward those who come to LFR to AFK, grief, or just not try. The solution is already in place; kick the people who suck and finish the raid.
90 Worgen Hunter
Shouldn't you add this buff after the LFR has been out for a couple months, instead of right away? This would translate the previous nerf cycles into the LFR format. I would rather go into the Thunder LFR wipes and all. New content at least should retain some measure of challenge.
90 Human Mage

You know those people you're telling to stay out of LFR are the same people carrying you and the other 23 randoms through it right?

There is absolutely no reason that Blizzard should reward people for being bad, or reward those who come to LFR to AFK, grief, or just not try. The solution is already in place; kick the people who suck and finish the raid.

It seems you perfectly know me by saying I'm carried everytime I queue for LFR. I know what to do and if I don't, I do research or ask guildies. Anyways, I won't argue with you. Again, thanks Blizzard for the buff.
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Positivity
Shouldn't you add this buff after the LFR has been out for a couple months, instead of right away? This would translate the previous nerf cycles into the LFR format. I would rather go into the Thunder LFR wipes and all. New content at least should retain some measure of challenge.
The only problem with this is that, the way they have it now, LFR tends to get easier as time goes on. I still have to run LFR even though I don't need any gear because it's fast VP, and I can carry bad DPS easier in 500 ilvl than I could in 470. Getting free welfare loot by AFKing at Sha or running LFR should make things easier as time goes on.
Wait, I thought this was a joke...

Then again, isn't LFR something of joke to begin with? To wit:

I've used the LFR once.

I queued as a healer (accidentally, I swear... I usually run 5-mans as a healer, wasn't thinking when I queued up, and didn't realize why I got a spot so quickly until after the run). I ran the entire thing as shadow. No one called me out on it... so I'm assuming that they were 5-healing the entire thing.

I didn't know a single fight mechanic. I followed the basic rules of "move out of the bad stuff" and "if everyone else is going in a certain direction, you might wanna follow them." For the most part, I Patchwerk'd every encounter.

We didn't even wipe once. I don't think we even came close to wiping. I think there was one death the entire run.

This was about as close to facerolling as you can get so I'm wondering how it is that people can wipe?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]