A buff for wiping in raid finder

100 Human Paladin
Neither for or against this but wouldn't it be better to just make boss HP not reset after a wipe in LFR?

edit: I mean, in current implementation, you can technically still not able to down the boss if they use the original LFR Garalon (most time wipes back then weren't even close to 50%)...

edit 2: and I can definitely see some no-lifer wanted to top LFR worldoflogs by wiping the raid repeatedly... :P
Edited by Emmey on 1/30/2013 5:39 PM PST
100 Troll Shaman
01/30/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
Wait, is this like... a real thing?
Seriously, is it an actual change going in? o_O
90 Human Mage
As someone who runs LFR on a regular basis I must say I am against this idea. Please reconsider.
90 Human Death Knight
I totally support that but I imagine that would take a LOT of coding to develop such a system. x% per wipe is far easier on the dev time.

Hey! Welcome back!

Thanks, though I truly never left. I am here everyday, just don't often feel the need to comment unless it's about something that concerns me, like LFR.

On topic, I really don't get all the excitement about this. LFR is what most modern single player RPG's already have. "Story Mode" and nothing more. I think it fits that bill quite nicely.
Edited by Nexumus on 1/30/2013 6:17 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
01/30/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Zakigga
What is the point of LFR in the end? Is it to "see the content?" Is it to "get epic loot?" Honestly, I'm just more confused than anything at this point. It's just not compelling gameplay, in my opinion. Like I said, it's feeling like a waterwheel of gearing that's requiring less and less water to power as we progress. It's kinda sad though that the encounters are binary in LFR. I hate to admit it but it seems that if there is one mechanic left in that can wipe the group, for at least the first month, people will fail it, if not downright refuse to adapt to it.

A lot of people confuse 'seeing' the content with 'experiencing' the content, which was (I think) Blizzard's original concept for LFR.

Gear progression is an important part of the raiding experience.
100 Worgen Druid
This would mess with the LFR rankings on worldoflogs.com
90 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Autumni
This would mess with the LFR rankings on worldoflogs.com

Why does story mode even have rankings lol
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Sinthion
I don’t understand all the outrage. What do you care if they make LFR more trivial than it already is? LFR was advertised as a way to give casuals a way to experience end raid content. If you want to be challenged and show off your skill, then go straight into normal, skip LFR totally and then move into heroics like you use to do before LFR. What’s truly sad is all these hardcore raiders/elite players using LFR as a means to gear up for normal raiding. Stop talking about skill and challenge and then in the same right take a shortcut. You talk about entitlement but isn’t it you that feels so entitled that you feel the need to control and dictate every aspect of the game even those concepts that are not designed for your skill/talent/challenge level. Go focus on heroics if you want a challenge or to show off your skills.

Ok, let's be fair then. If the LFR bosses shared the same appearances and animations as Normal/Heroic, but only melee'd the tank and did a low damage AoE every 10-15s or so, would you enjoy this form of raiding? Would you stay subscribed and queue up week after week to try and get your epic gear?

MMOs are social games with dependency on other players, especially in terms of raiding. What happens in one area affects the others. What happens when a group of LFR raiders decide they want to try Normal mode and find it, in their opinion, to be overtuned and start pushing Blizzard to nerf it down, or implement a similar stacking wipe buff?
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Nexumus
I don’t understand all the outrage. What do you care if they make LFR more trivial than it already is? LFR was advertised as a way to give casuals a way to experience end raid content. If you want to be challenged and show off your skill, then go straight into normal, skip LFR totally and then move into heroics like you use to do before LFR. What’s truly sad is all these hardcore raiders/elite players using LFR as a means to gear up for normal raiding. Stop talking about skill and challenge and then in the same right take a shortcut. You talk about entitlement but isn’t it you that feels so entitled that you feel the need to control and dictate every aspect of the game even those concepts that are not designed for your skill/talent/challenge level. Go focus on heroics if you want a challenge or to show off your skills.

Should be stickied in R&D. Will probably be glossed over by the usual crowd in their ivory tower.
This would be fine except Blizzard all but forces raiders into LFR through the need for set bonuses and VP. Yeah, it's not necessary to raid LFR to raid normals, I could raid normals without a chest piece but that doesn't mean I should. If there are options to get better, anyone who wants to do well will try for those options. If LFR was designed JUST to see the content, there wouldn't be any gear rewards or VP rewards. It would be an option for people to see content that they otherwise wouldn't. Adding in a buff that essentially promotes griefing through wipes and makes it more acceptable for people to stop trying or flat out AFK in raid because someone else can carry them harder through this buff is the wrong way to do this.

Whether you think so or not, and despite anything Blizzard has said about it, LFR is a requirement for anyone who seriously raids. Removing gear and VP would make it just a way to see content and would make LFR optional for normal and heroic raiders, but it's not optional now. So yeah, people who do normals and heroics can have opinions on how they are screwing up LFR, since we tend to be the people who carry the AFKers and people in greens who have never seen a raid before through the fights.
90 Orc Warlock
01/30/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Zakigga
What happens when a group of LFR raiders decide they want to try Normal mode and find it, in their opinion, to be overtuned and start pushing Blizzard to nerf it down, or implement a similar stacking wipe buff?
Exactly. Blizzard panders to the people who whine the loudest. They are starting to forego quality to just appease people, even though no matter what they do there will still be people whining. At least make it a quality game with quality design and deal with whiners rather than watch people drop to burnout because you have to give everyone easy grinds to get free epics. Gear used to mean something.
Edited by Loktronotron on 1/30/2013 6:43 PM PST
100 Worgen Druid
01/30/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Merìdian
This. While I do like the tuning on Will and a few other bosses, Terrace in particular is far too easy.

Yeah. Double the health of Sha of Fear, that should make it exciting again
100 Worgen Druid
Ok, let's be fair then. If the LFR bosses shared the same appearances and animations as Normal/Heroic, but only melee'd the tank and did a low damage AoE every 10-15s or so, would you enjoy this form of raiding? Would you stay subscribed and queue up week after week to try and get your epic gear?

Well - most LFR regulars would say Yes.

The story was fun the first 1-2 times. But after that it's just something you grind in order to improve your gear (either via gear drops or valor points). Most of the people in LFR are grinding for gear. Whatever makes the experience take less time, they would approve of.
90 Troll Rogue
Saying taking a shortcut by using LFR for gear is the same as refusing to use a challenge flag in football because its "unfair" and takes away from the "human element". That's incredibly stupid.

Raiders of many levels are basically In a competition because your ranking means what quality recruits will look at your guild. Can't afford to intentionally gimp yourself.

Problem I see here is if they use this to raise LFR difficulty when no one wants that (especially when you can cross raid T14 in 5.2 for low pop servers) it will make all LFRs take so much longer.
90 Undead Mage
I would like to see the denizens of D&R propose a name for this buff.

Morchok's Mercy.
90 Human Death Knight

You mean LFR isn't this way now? My warlock sure can't tell that it isn't.

01/30/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Whether you think so or not, and despite anything Blizzard has said about it, LFR is a requirement for anyone who seriously raids.

Heroic and even normal mode raiders should by default expect to have to invest signifigantly more time raiding, and preparing for raids. You're a raider after all, blizz has made it pretty clear they want raiders to do more than log in Tuesday night this time around. I feel little empathy if "raiders" feel obligated to do LFR any more than they feel obligated to do dailies. Don't wanna do those things, then you have LFR.

01/30/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Loktronotron
They are starting to forego quality to just appease people,

That's not always a bad business decision. See Wal-Mart, McDonald's, and imho, Apple.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
New Achievement: Captain of the Failboat

Wipe with 10 stacks of Herpaderp in LFR.

Worth negative 100 AP.
Wow, just wow.

It will now be the norm to pull a boss and reset it just to build up a buff on certain bosses.

This is just sad.

It is LFR for crying outloud, people troll LFR all the time. Did you ever expect to be challenged in LFR?

I mean, I get what you are saying, but this does nothing to break LFR. LFR is, and always has been, easy mode. All this does is make the adventures through LFR more enjoyable.
90 Human Warlock
its not a problem about raid finder being too easy or too hard

its the problem that is at its core

caps inc

NOBODY EVEN BOTHERS TO DO THE MECHANICS OF THE FIGHT

yes i stress it out in caps. but LFR is a plague that is ruining the fun aspect. in LFR, why bother doing the mechanics when we can DERP through it and win
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]