Next expansion- after pandaria. What is it?

90 Human Death Knight
I have been thinking about what the next expansion might be. Personally I the next one will be a revisit to Outland. Rebuild it for level 95-100 players and phase it so that it will be separated from the 60-70 players.

This makes sense to me because we haven't seen the burning legion in a while and blizz is thinking about bringing back Illidan as a good guy. They could also introduce the demon hunter class. They could bring Illidan back through the demon hunter starting area. What does anyone else think? Something like this or something completely different.
Reply Quote
Why would they actually introduce the "Demon Hunter" class? I could see the Burning Legion as the next expansion, but Demon Hunters aren't much different from rogues.
Reply Quote
36 Human Priest
It is obvious we need more zones to play our 90's. Panderia alone is boring and most of us did so many dailies there that we are sick of it.
More new zones is what I wish for. (and very different from Panderia, not that I hate Panderia I just got very, very bored with same quests and same mobs to kill every day).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Dragons.

Zombie dragons.
Reply Quote
66 Human Death Knight
in space
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Dragons.

Zombie dragons.

Didn't we already have that, though? Nefarian and Onyxia?

In any event, yeah, Legion's likely the next expansion, based off hints, but Blizzard could very well surprise us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If they make a new expansion, I pray that the new character is not more animals. Worgen, Panda, Cow. Would be cool if we had like either a mermaid or fairy character
Edited by Chïc on 1/30/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/30/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Elementaru
Why would they actually introduce the "Demon Hunter" class? I could see the Burning Legion as the next expansion, but Demon Hunters aren't much different from rogues.

Yeah, that would be a wasted class, unfortunately.

Players need more dungeons at level cap for the next expansion. Currently there are too few (though there might be more introduced as the current expansion chugs along) and their lack is made up for in terms of mass dailies (which in itself is not bad, but can be tedious).

It is obvious we need more zones to play our 90's. Panderia alone is boring and most of us did so many dailies there that we are sick of it.
More new zones is what I wish for. (and very different from Panderia, not that I hate Panderia I just got very, very bored with same quests and same mobs to kill every day).

An interesting thought. Though I think there are plenty of zones for Pandaria (it's a small continent, remember), there are lots of players like yourself who really feel overwhelmed by the dailies. I personally don't mind them, vying to take a break from them myself every now and again. I think more dungeons would have been better, perhaps three more.

Another suggestion I have is to re-introduce class-specific quest chains culminating in epic weapons. Also a raid from the caverns of time that is never the same every time you run it, where the bosses are random, but at level cap. Old gear from those bosses drop at level cap. I'd say only one raid because it would be epic. Naturally, it would not be the end game raid (or could it?).

Anyways, that's my imagination at work. I'll leave it for others to dissect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Emerald Dream.

Where Elven race will play a key part in the expansion.

Will also get introduced to two new classes Bard and Demon Hunter. Both classes have to be unlocked from a series of Quest.

There will be no flying in any of the new Emerald Dream zones.

Max level 95
Edited by Palastorm on 1/30/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Mintchip

Rogues could get a class questline that would let them unlock their new fourth spec, "Demonhunter". That way we won't have to introduce a new class.

And then you would hear even more QQ than what happened when druids got a fourth spec.

Seriously, what would the "Demon Hunter" spec even add to Rogue that they can't already do? Slay demon mobs faster?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
They could also preserve the 60-70 portion of Outlands by having Thrall and the Earthen Ring go back to Outland and do their "world-saving" bit they did in Cata. As Thrall and the Earthen Ring heal the land they start pulling back pieces of Draenor from the twisting nether and they join up with the existing part of Outland.

60-70 gets revamped zones to accommodate this new storyline, and the 90-95 portion lies in a ring outside the current outland.

Or maybe we see the planet start to reform back to the way it was pre-WC2 with oceans surrounding Hellfire peninsula etc.

Either way the demons get real angry over this and show up to wreck face.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'm not sure, but I think I would have to stab myself in the eye before I would ever buy an expansion that takes me back to that place.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Rage of the Murlocs, we will fight a murloc boss's leg tentacles while jumping from island to island.

Wait, we already leg tentacles, well hot darned it all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
01/30/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Elementaru
And paladins aren't much different from priests in the same way demon hunters aren't much different from rogues or warlocks.

To make a new class would need creating a brand new resource mechanic which is a game in itself, much as DKs got runes.

It's not a good possibility the demon hunters will be a class in WOW, but if it happens they will flesh them out more to give them a reason to exist as a class, just as they did for DKs and monks. Really the only thing monks offer is cool kung fu animations. Once upon a time people said they'd never happen too. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

This is a list of clues regarding the next expansion, btw.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/does-world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-herald-the-return-of-sargeras

I truly doubt a Legion expansion will take us back to Outland except for questlines or scenarios, there are new worlds that can be designed. Or Outland would need to be changed enough that it seemed like a completely new place, which defeats the purpose.
Edited by Elrith on 1/30/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I Think sargeras deserves to ber the final boss. And i think warcraft's final deserves to be on a strategy game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
can we have more draenei lore for once

thanks
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
01/30/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Palastorm
Emerald Dream.

Addressed in the Stormrage book.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
01/30/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Corrock
Emerald Dream.

Addressed in the Stormrage book.

Not fully. Blizzard left enough of the Nightmare (in the Rift of Aln) so that they can always go back and use it for a plot hook for one reason or another.

So, yes, for the time being the Dream is fine, outside of the Rift. But I wouldn't count it out. Now, that being said, I wouldn't expect it for expansion material. Side-patch material, maybe a raid at most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]