Deadly Calm

Removed from game. WTF? I thought I would see alot more qq about this. This is a huge nerf imo.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
It was a skill that got macro'd into abilties and was forgotten about. It had very little impact up on DPS in PVE. In PVP it only extended burst periods by decreasing the rage cost of Heroic Strike.

As most warriors will say, not a big loss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
01/30/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Exmortem
This is a huge nerf imo.

It's a CD so BAD that most of us do not even notice it. How is this a huge nerf? You get like what... two heroic strikes for the cost of three? And yet, doing this still pretty much empties your whole rage pull, and if you don't, then you sort of wasted the CD or didn't use it to it's full extend. DC is such a horrible CD, how is getting it removed a big nerfed? It sucks anyway, no other way to put it, it just sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It was a skill that got macro'd into abilties and was forgotten about. It had very little impact up on DPS in PVE. In PVP it only extended burst periods by decreasing the rage cost of Heroic Strike.

As most warriors will say, not a big loss.

Exactly. The only people that didn't macro it are absolute min/max'ers that time all their CDs individually for perfect use. The rest of us cared less. Though I will miss the slight amount of extra rage it saved us lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
No big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I will miss it, very honestly. Still was a DPS increase when used within a CS burst set-up, where I could throw more Heroic Strike inside that window. It was great, at least for me.

I just think people didn't really understand how to use it properly, that is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I dunno, I don't like Incite being on Demo shout. Seems counter intuitive to use a Damage Reduction cooldown in order to gain a damage boost via Incite on prot. Since without deadly calm's additional rage reduction I would think prots wouldn't want to sacrifice the rage...and if you WERE burning up rage from Incite, you probably weren't taking damage enough to warrant a cooldown use.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Ah well, guess my incite aura won't be of any use.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I will miss it, very honestly. Still was a DPS increase when used within a CS burst set-up, where I could throw more Heroic Strike inside that window. It was great, at least for me.

I think you're overestimating how much DPS it actually gives you.

It's not going to be a big loss at all.

i'm tired and used the wrong word, herp derp
Edited by Samayael on 1/30/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You mean overestimating?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yeah, I do.

I'm tired, sue me. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

It was nice to use whit bloodbath/1m trinket. It's not a huge dps loss.. But still
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yea, wont be huge dps loss, i didn't care enough so i just macroed it into H strike

Another flaw is if you decide to use it but then can't use it again because you're watching rage, then you just wasted 2 procs
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is a big loss of PvE DPS. Anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't understand how to use it properly.

Using DC, along with Bloodbath (Recklessness if its up) within a CS window adds great burst dmg.

If they are going to take away DC, at least give us something to compensate.

I am so sick of PvP nerfs effecting PvE. I wish that Warriors were the worst PvP class so they could stop nerfing our PvE for the sake of PvP
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
DC wasn't a PVP nerf. It was just removed because it didn't fill any meaningful purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/31/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Secondwind
DC wasn't a PVP nerf. It was just removed because it didn't fill any meaningful purpose.

Yep. In fact I think it was mostly pve players saying it was a terrible CD and should just be removed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
01/30/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Malfurios
Exactly. The only people that didn't macro it are absolute min/max'ers that time all their CDs individually for perfect use. The rest of us cared less. Though I will miss the slight amount of extra rage it saved us lol.

Or morons like me who never thought to macro it. Extra stupid since I macro Berserker Rage into my regular rotation attacks, you'd think I'd have macro'd Deadly Calm into Heroic Strike and Cleave but I never thought about it. It just sits on my bar, unused except for that rare time I remember I even have it.

I guess I'll macro it tonight, and enjoy it until 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/31/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Lakaine

Or morons like me who never thought to macro it. Extra stupid since I macro Berserker Rage into my regular rotation attacks, you'd think I'd have macro'd Deadly Calm into Heroic Strike and Cleave but I never thought about it. It just sits on my bar, unused except for that rare time I remember I even have it.

I guess I'll macro it tonight, and enjoy it until 5.2.

haha, you and I both. I've actually been meaning to macro it just never got around to it.

It is one of those skills that is... just there, and you feel compelled to use it because... its just there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
"Deadly Calm is removed from the game."

And nobody gives a flying !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Deadly Calm was thrown in MoP because Devs didn't know what to do with it. Now they realize it's useless to they tossed it. Soon, they'll find out that adding 10 rage on OP was a stupid idea... one day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]