Deadly Calm

90 Tauren Warrior
Or morons like me who never thought to macro it. Extra stupid since I macro Berserker Rage into my regular rotation attacks, you'd think I'd have macro'd Deadly Calm into Heroic Strike and Cleave but I never thought about it. It just sits on my bar, unused except for that rare time I remember I even have it.

I guess I'll macro it tonight, and enjoy it until 5.2.

I prefer not to macro Zerker Rage so I can use it to control enrages and RB procs. But if want it macro'd I'd suggest putting it with Csmash since that's the important one to have enrage and RB up for.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/31/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Adios
Deadly Calm was thrown in MoP because Devs didn't know what to do with it. Now they realize it's useless to they tossed it. Soon, they'll find out that adding 10 rage on OP was a stupid idea... one day.

Agreed, 5 rage OP would be more consistent with the rage reduction on Slam.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is a big loss of PvE DPS. Anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't understand how to use it properly.

It's not. All Deadly Calm gives you is the equivalent of one extra HS a minute, so you're looking at, what, maybe 800-1k DPS? That's at my gear level too, but it shouldn't be anymore than about 1% lost overall. Making WS free with Bloodsurge and the 50% buff to haste should be enough to offset that and the HLeap glyph change.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Druid
I seem to remember talk of removing deadly calm in the warrior feedback thread during mop beta. As mentioned above it doesn't do much but I think they kept it in because it was used in a piece bonus. I don't have the numbers but I bet the minor buff warriors will get from haste will more than make up for the removal of deadly calm in pve. Either way they haven't done a damage pass on the ptr yet for 5.2 and I think GC tweeted about wanting to raise arms in pve a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
01/31/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Malfurios
I prefer not to macro Zerker Rage so I can use it to control enrages and RB procs. But if want it macro'd I'd suggest putting it with Csmash since that's the important one to have enrage and RB up for.

My macros are for Protection, no RB to worry about. :)

It's macro'd to Shield Slam, Revenge, and Devastate, since I all of those regularly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Yo dawg give us back that sick Deadly Calm we had in Cata where all our attacks didn't cost rage and our attacks still gave us rage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/30/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Exmortem
Removed from game. WTF? I thought I would see alot more qq about this. This is a huge nerf imo.

This reaction is what's currently wrong with players these days.

Screaming bloody murder without really fully understanding the reason behind removing it. As most people have already commented about not really caring about the removal of DC - I'm also in the same boat.

It's already macro'd in for me and I don't care about the skill anyway. Just another CD to pop for minimal gains. Removing it from the game entirely will not impact anything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I only macro in Berserker Rage because it's something I want up as often as possible in a fight, and if I have it on a separate button I'm going to forget to hit it. If it's in a macro with my most commonly-used attacks it's going to be up just about every time it's off CD. Unlike Deadly Calm it's something I'd definitely miss if it was removed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/31/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Malfurios
Agreed, 5 rage OP would be more consistent with the rage reduction on Slam.

I doubt they will though, look at it this way, They took 10 rage form slam and gave it to OP, if they did make OP 5 rage they would probably make Slam cost 25 rage
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/31/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Ezyo
I doubt they will though, look at it this way, They took 10 rage form slam and gave it to OP, if they did make OP 5 rage they would probably make Slam cost 25 rage

What I meant was the 5.2 base rotation is essentially going to be MS > OP > OP > Slam. So 2 OP per Slam. 5+5+20 = 30.

It still doesn't help much in D stance. But it lets battle stance build a little more rage to alternate better between OP to proc Csmash and Slam to dump during it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The WS/bloodusrge buff counters it and more for fury, and arms has way more issues than worrying about the loss of 3 20 rage HSes.

Losing deadly calm is not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It was a fun CD. Felt nice lining it up with cs or using it as prot to get a little more damage out when you need it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
sad to see this ability gone to be honest...

it was good for execute phase when you're about to score a kill

arms won't need it but as prot it helped a lot
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Adios
Soon, they'll find out that adding 10 rage on OP was a stupid idea... one day.

i agree, this is the big problem, not the loss of deadly calm

overpower and mortal strike are supposed to be what you do when youre low on rage and colossus smash is on its cooldown
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Deadly calm is an AWESOME cd. If you're enraged with a trinket and spam Hs stike with ovp... you will put extreme pressure on a target. Enough to make them peel or heal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Eon
Dumb ability, glad it's removed
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't see more QQ about Deadly Calm going from the Cata version to the MoP version.

EDIT: Hehehe
Deadly Clam still makes me laugh
Edited by Bamf on 2/1/2013 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't see more QQ about Deadly Calm going from the Cata version to the MoP version.

The Cata version just cut the CD from 3s to 1.5s. In MoP, the CD is always 1.5s.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The Cata version just cut the CD from 3s to 1.5s. In MoP, the CD is always 1.5s.

You're thinking of Inner Rage.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Warrior
I have been using/testing it with incite and bloodbath and dragons roar for tanking. I pop DC/Bloodbath with the incite glyph and I get 3 free heroic strikes and pop DR right after. I could do that once a minute. It was a nice little chunk of extra dmg as a tank. I was kind of liking it and I was thinking of keeping it. Oh well.
Edited by Jashgar on 2/1/2013 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]