Warcraft Movie Update: Director Signed!

90 Night Elf Druid
02/01/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Topper
Duncan Jones knows how to get inside character's heads and bring out the best performances in his actors, he definitely knows how to tell a story.

After finally seeing Moon tonight, I can agree Jones has the capability of creating round, interesting characters. Pretty genius to use an underrated actor like Sam Rockwell as a main star, and definitely a hell of a lot better film than Source Code was...imo. I'm a little more hopeful for the Warcraft movie.

I also approve of live action for Warcraft over an entire CGI. Things like Beowulf and Advent Children are fun, but I prefer real actors.
92 Human Paladin
I actually just saw Source Code and the only thing that bummed me out was the soundtrack. The movie woulda been so much better with Clint Mansell(Moon, Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan) composing, it woulda had the tone it deserved. Clint was originally supposed to do the score but had to back out.

Other than that though I loved it.

Moon's still better. I'm really stoked to see what he'll do with Warcraft :v
80 Draenei Paladin
Warcraft: The Movie releasing in Spring of 2020!
01/30/2013 11:47 PMPosted by Kralx
I bet lore will go out the window
90 Tauren Druid
FINALLY
90 Orc Warrior
So will the movie be about a "kick-!@#" human before the events of WoW (as stated in the past), or will it start with the First War. I really hope it will be of the First War. I know it was stated, if they did the movie with the events of the First War, it would be too similar to the Lord of the Rings, but I do not see the similarity, and I believe Blizzard can create a script of the First War on the big screen that will be way more epic then Lord of the Rings. Other than that I look forward to seeing this movie.

Oh and Blizzard should get working on making a Diablo, and Starcraft movie also.
90 Night Elf Druid
Can't wait :)
91 Undead Priest
02/01/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Disregarded
Warcraft: The Movie releasing in Spring of 2020!
90 Worgen Warrior
Yay i cant wait =)
90 Human Death Knight
just had a nerdgasm and screamed like a little girl
56 Blood Elf Priest
whats up with illidan is he a demon who is a hunter or a "demon hunter"?
And here I was hoping for Uwe Boll.

;)
^ I agree, its not that bad of a budget, (it could be much worse) but its not going to have the 200$mil+ other greats scifis of our time have had. And that's just how much people are willing to spend on it.
Edited by Tocho on 2/2/2013 9:47 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/30/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Superhero
7 years to finally make another announcement?

Actually, they announced that he was dropping the movie in July of 2012.
90 Goblin Shaman
David Bowie on the score?? =D
100 Pandaren Monk
Nice I really enjoyed his work.
90 Draenei Paladin
I would like to have been playing this game when it would have came out...at this rate I'll be telling my grandchildren.."yea, that was a game I played when I was younger"...."well grandad that's cool, but can we go see the new spongebob movie instead".....sure.
70 Human Rogue
02/02/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Effingy
David Bowie on the score?? =D

Haha
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]