Warcraft Movie Update: Director Signed!

100 Draenei Paladin
01/30/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Superlurker
live-action

Oh dear...

Yeah, that's disappointing. Anything live action is going to be compared to LotR.

Should be CGI.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So, uh, where do I sign up to audition?
100 Night Elf Druid
I'd rather see a movie made just like your cinematics. Let's face it, Blizzard is one of the best companies to deliver really high quality cinematics. If you made a movie like that, It would be awesome... awesome.
Anyway, I hope that this director does a good job, and I hope the live-action thing goes well. I won't keep high hopes for it being excellent, though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Who???

No offense to the guy but why trust a project as big as this to an unknown.

He must have really demonstrated his love of orcs and dwarves!
90 Pandaren Monk
Duncan Jones is also the son of David Bowie. There was a lot of support for him to do Episode 7 before JJ Abrams was given the nod.
Edited by Kungpaochimi on 1/30/2013 5:39 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
I can dig it.
100 Orc Warrior
Live action.. really Blizzard. With this amazing CGI skills you have, you go with live action. This could've been good, but now I think I'll pass on spending 14 bucks for this. My opinion.
80 Blood Elf Warrior
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
90 Undead Warrior
Better than Raimi I think, for sure. I loved Moon and Source Code, both great films!
80 Gnome Rogue
This movie is just like blizzards "other" MMO game. it's there you just wont see it for 50 year's or till half life 3.
90 Worgen Warrior
Each of Blizzard's 3-5 minute cinematics takes a year to make. Unless they want to drop the quality or rent a massive render farm, CGI isn't viable for a 90-minute movie.
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/30/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Superlurker
live-action

Oh dear...

01/30/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Azreluna

Oh dear...

Yeah, I wish they'd let their cinematic team have at this, but then it'd probably never get finished from lack of manpower.

Live action movie?

To be honest, it's disappointing that the movie will not be done by Blizzard's amazing cinematography, but I do hope that the movie will turn out to be good either way.

01/30/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Dalesong

Oh dear...

Yeah, that's disappointing. Anything live action is going to be compared to LotR.

Should be CGI.

I'd rather see a movie made just like your cinematics. Let's face it, Blizzard is one of the best companies to deliver really high quality cinematics. If you made a movie like that, It would be awesome... awesome.
Anyway, I hope that this director does a good job, and I hope the live-action thing goes well. I won't keep high hopes for it being excellent, though.

01/30/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Warashocka
Live action.. really Blizzard. With this amazing CGI skills you have, you go with live action. This could've been good, but now I think I'll pass on spending 14 bucks for this. My opinion.
In this thread:

People who confuse Blizzard with Square Enix.

Blizzard does do nice Cinematics. However, it takes them well over a year to make a 3 minute intro.

Feature length is just not within their capability on a schedule.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I remember being 10 years old, with my best friend getting so excited over the first rumors of a WoW movie lmao. Glad to see they're actually making it.
This is good news. Source Code was very good, and I'm quite pleased that Blizzard has chosen a rather intelligent director over some Michael Bay type.

I will agree with the consensus that an animated movie -- cartoon, CGI, or whatever -- would have made more sense than a live action movie, but I'll keep an open mind. Blizzard doesn't attach their name to crap, and I have high hopes this movie will turn out well.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/30/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Tayledras
Wish they would give some hint of when in the timeline this movie will take place and/or what it will be about.

Read the article, it has a lot more details.

Director:
Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code)

Writer:
Charles Leavitt (Blood Diamond)

Executive Producers:
Stuart Fenegan (Moon, Source Code), Chris Metzen (Blizzard Entertainment)

Producers:
Thomas Tull (The Dark Knight, Inception, 300), Jon Jashni (The Hangover, Clash of the Titans)
Charles Roven (Blizzard Entertainment), Alex Gartner (Blizzard Entertainment)

Budget: Over $100,000,000

Filming: Start in Fall 2013

Release: 2015
100 Draenei Paladin
People who confuse Blizzard with Square Enix.

Blizzard does do nice Cinematics. However, it takes them well over a year to make a 3 minute intro.

Feature length is just not within their capability on a schedule.

I understand the limitations. I was merely stating what I would prefer. However: if they can make it along the lines of 300, that would be okay. Just don't make it "meh" like Eregon. I liked the movie, but it was too simplistic and linear.

But above all things, please, please, PLEASE don't make it like Street Fighter. Worst. Movie. Ever.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
About time. I was worried this movie would never see the light of day.
100 Dwarf Warrior
If you click on the more info link, looks like Warner Brothers is eyeing a 2015 release, with production starting this year (according to the article).

Edit: Warner Brothers based company, Legendary Pictures**
Edited by Ericus on 1/30/2013 5:52 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]