Warcraft Movie Update: Director Signed!

Hire me as an ACTOR!!!
90 Undead Warrior
Hmm, it's a rumor, but a few sites are reporting that WB wants Johnny Depp to star..

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=73527
wut? You woke me up for that? Wake me up when you have some real news. Like a contest to win tickets to the premiere.

/rolls over and pulls blanket over head
90 Pandaren Shaman
Chris Metzen co-director? seriously? you need to stop having your under-qualified game development employees take on tasks they aren't suited for. i can point out every WoW character that had their voice acting done non-professionally by some nerd developer who wanted to leave his mark on the game in some other way. its obvious, people notice.. and i guarantee the same would be especially true for a movie.
100 Night Elf Priest
Live action? !@#$.
90 Pandaren Shaman
and a curse upon any blizzard employee who thinks they want to use this movie as a segway to spark some sort of acting career. hire professional actors ONLY please.
100 Night Elf Druid
In this thread:

People who confuse Blizzard with Square Enix.

Blizzard does do nice Cinematics. However, it takes them well over a year to make a 3 minute intro.

Feature length is just not within their capability on a schedule.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought about that after posting. It would take them a bagillion years to do a full movie.
Edited by Carric on 1/30/2013 5:59 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
awww i was hopeing for full CGI :(
88 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Behrthravn
Chris Metzen co-director? seriously? you need to stop having your under-qualified game development employees take on tasks they aren't suited for. i can point out every WoW character that had their voice acting done non-professionally by some nerd developer who wanted to leave his mark on the game in some other way. its obvious, people notice.. and i guarantee the same would be especially true for a movie.

Yes, putting the guy in charge of keeping the lore for the entire Warcraft universe organized is totally a terrible move because the company doesn't feel like it would be justified in bringing in highly-paid AAA voice actors for every voicing role...

I have severe doubts about your qualifications for making decisions regarding movie production.

Now, to the topic at hand- I'm, friggen, PSYCHED. There seems to be a LOT of talent drawn to this project (even more than before) and I do hope they can bring some wonderful actors to it. This could be the video game movie to FINALLY not range from 'meh' to 'objectively terrible'!
60 Night Elf Druid
When I read the title I thought to myself "If J.J. Abrams is getting announced for yet another movie I'm going to lose it."

Duncan Jones's name isn't familiar to me. Never heard of Moon, but Source Code was a good movie. I say it's a step up from Sam Rami, who probably would have overplayed the "it's a video game" thing.

By the way, I'm hoping that with a change of directors comes a change in the plan of the movie being like Marvel's "Ultimate" comics, in that it has the same characters but is a separate incarnation of the story. The movie just won't be as satisfying to me if the whole time I'm saying to myself "that's really cool, but it never happened as far as the game is concerned."
Edited by Lorinall on 1/30/2013 6:03 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
Except I dont want a live action movie..but rather a cgi movie done like all the awesome intros.

I lost interest in this several years ago. Love your game but this has taken too long and since it is about the alliance side (probably a paladin no doubt) then I will pass.
Neat
90 Troll Warrior
Hmm, it's a rumor, but a few sites are reporting that WB wants Johnny Depp to star..

That would would certainly legitimize this movie for the wider public, it might even get a bigger budget. Who would a lanky middle aged guy play though?
100 Worgen Druid
I love how he's attached to this now. To be fair, I was never really excited about the prospect of WoW ever turning into a decent movie (even when Raimi was attached, who I respect greatly.)

Jones has an eye for thought-provoking science fiction concepts and character building. It will be interesting to see what he's able to do with a (likely) blockbuster budget.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Release is 2015...hmmm..

Prediction (since I know the bean counters at Blizz could never resist an incredible opportunity at a tie-in this golden):

The Next Gen MMO Blizz is working on will be called Warcraft, not Titan, and it will release late 2014. Chris Metzen will star as 812 boss and NPC voices.

Sam Raimi will have to start paying his subscription again.

Heard it here first.
100 Draenei Paladin

That would would certainly legitimize this movie for the wider public, it might even get a bigger budget. Who would a lanky middle aged guy play though?

The man is a remarkable actor and could probably fit most of the roles. I'll wager he'll play a warlock.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/30/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Behrthravn

He's listed as co-executive producer. Not director.

Executive producers are mainly people who contribute money and perhaps a certain degree of support and oversight. Mostly funding, though.
90 Undead Warrior

He's pretty much a chameleon, I really don't think they'd have trouble finding a part for someone who's played Tonto, the Mad Hatter, Captain Jack Sparrow & Edward Scissorhands.
90 Human Warrior

He's pretty much a chameleon, I really don't think they'd have trouble finding a part for someone who's played Tonto, the Mad Hatter, Captain Jack Sparrow & Edward Scissorhands.

If by chameleon you mean he plays himself in every movie he's in, you'd be correct.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/30/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Tsumujikaze
Who would a lanky middle aged guy play though?

Sylvanus.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]