Warcraft Movie Update: Director Signed!

13 Tauren Warrior
source code..sucked

never..heard of moon..doubt anyone has

soo the movies..probably gonna suck
90 Blood Elf Hunter
With Nicholas Cage starring as Varian Wrynn! *SHOT*
Source Code and Moon are both very good movies, good choice of director there.

Also I'm glad Chris Metzen will be Co-producing. Having someone actually from Blizzard should keep it from becoming a Warcraft-in-name-only fantasy movie like what can sometimes happen with these sorts of movies.

Also nice to finally see some tentative dates for the movie's production and release. We've spent a rather long time with the Warcraft movie being made "eventually".
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Woah baby!
25 Orc Warrior
LOWLY SUPPORTS THIS DIRECTOR with a big HUG! (Both films are great.)
90 Draenei Priest
And Andy Serkis will be playing every non-human!
90 Troll Druid
Part of me died when I read live-action

I'm still hopeful that it will be a good movie
90 Night Elf Warrior
Moon is probably one of my most fav movie ever. Source code was pretty damn good as well. Awesome job getting Duncan Jones to do this. Although Christopher nolan would have made it legendary this works as well.
50 Gnome Warlock
01/30/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Falrinn
Also I'm glad Chris Metzen will be Co-producing.

Oh goody. We're going to wind up with a D3 quality script for the story with a hollywood level budget. Surely the second time they try this it'll go over without a hitch.
90 Tauren Druid
Oh god.... This travesty is STILL in production??
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Loved the hell out of Source Code. Kinda skeptical because of how video game movies turn out.
90 Worgen Warlock
Who? Director of what? What happened to Raimi?
90 Night Elf Warrior
Please let the music be done by Hans Zimmer. That alone would make the movie awesome.
90 Worgen Warlock
This movie was announced like 7 years ago and Sam Raimi was attached.

7 YEARS.

Never getting made IMO.

That's the bone I have to pick too. 7 years to finally make another announcement? bleh. I quit playing anyway -.-

If you didn't have an active account you wouldn't be able to post. GG.

I'll be happy when I see some dates instead of "upcoming" for the movie.

Edit

And if Will Wheaton (@wilw on twitter) doesn't get a part, I'm not watchin' it.

That's funny, cause if Will Wheaton does weasel himself into this movie somehow I won' be watching it. Hopefully they get some good actors instead of gimmick trash like Wheaton and Day.
Edited by Lucynda on 1/30/2013 7:12 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Holy mother. Finally.
89 Dwarf Shaman
Never watched Source Code but Moon was okay. Just okay. I think the director started wanting to go in a Event Horizon type of eerie space mood but then trailed off and just went off a tangent to prove that solitude makes you crazy? Dunno. Been well proven but, yeah, sure.
Oh goody. We're going to wind up with a D3 quality script for the story with a hollywood level budget. Surely the second time they try this it'll go over without a hitch.

Chris Metzen isn't writing the script.
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/30/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Valrith
Loved the hell out of Source Code. Kinda skeptical because of how video game movies turn out.

This has the potential to be up there with LotR and other epic fantasy stories. It honestly has to be done big and right to really pull it off.

Minimal characters with fan throwbacks on name recognition without expanding into the complicated relationships that are really only important in the greater lore.

Personally... I hope the focus is on the first war. Keeping in line a tragic tale of the fall of Stormwind, corruption and death of the guardian, and initial invasion of the Orcs. Even with that, I see 2-3 movies if done right. I have no realistic idea of how the script is set, but that's what I'd adore seeing.

I'm giddy with the memories of the most fantastic game I lost DAYS on in High School.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

He's pretty much a chameleon, I really don't think they'd have trouble finding a part for someone who's played Tonto, the Mad Hatter, Captain Jack Sparrow & Edward Scissorhands.

If by chameleon you mean he plays himself in every movie he's in, you'd be correct.

Certainly played himself in the Rum Diaries eh?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]