Warcraft Movie Update: Director Signed!

90 Tauren Paladin
Flip tables in excitement.

Starcraft is next right~ You guys could totally do that on your own with your amazing cinematics team as overworked as they might end up.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/30/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Noxwind
Please let the music be done by Hans Zimmer. That alone would make the movie awesome.
90 Tauren Druid
Blizz I love you! But please if it starts to look bad burn that contract!!
90 Night Elf Druid
I hear britney spears will play the innkeeper from darkshire! :o
11 Draenei Paladin
01/30/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Superlurker
live-action

Oh dear...

I had a similar albeit more profane reaction. After watching the MoP trailer I thought to myself 2 or 3 hours would be fantastic!
90 Pandaren Hunter
WOOOOOOO!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't know Duncan Jones from any of his movies, I know him from being David Bowie's son! This excites me, as a WoW player and huge David Bowie fan.

This deserves its own thread. Bowie genes + Warcraft = ????
Edited by Gwhyn on 1/30/2013 7:32 PM PST
90 Pandaren Warrior
Nobody has pointed it out yet so I'll drop in and say it:

I don't know Duncan Jones from any of his movies, I know him from being David Bowie's son! This excites me, as a WoW player and huge David Bowie fan.

"Ground control to Major Tom."
90 Night Elf Druid
I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
90 Worgen Warrior
01/30/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Tempcharac

Oh dear...

This.

Where are they going to find people the size of Orcs and Taurens (that can act)? If they are going to CG them, might as well CG the whole movie.

Get Pixar or Dreamworks to handle production.
Because Blizz absolutely wants to give a third party corporation any claims to the Warcraft name, and Vivendi wouldn't condemn them spending god knows how much money to get either Disney or Dreamworks on board.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/30/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Tempcharac
Get Pixar or Dreamworks to handle production.

No.
Just..
no.
90 Tauren Paladin
Duncan Jones, eh?

I did see Moon on Netflix a while back. Tight flick, Sam Rockwell really carried that one.

Never did see Source Code, though.

The casting on this project should be interesting.
90 Human Warrior
I don't know if its a good a bad new. I don't think warcraft' universe is meant to be reprensented as a live-action movie. Otherwise, it better be amazingly done with superb special effects.

Well, I just hope it will look like as close as possible as cinematics. For example, I can't and I don't want to imagine a different lich king and environement's look than what blizzard showed us in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRhnC4-QGQ
Edited by Ascendius on 1/30/2013 7:55 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
Hard to overcome my pessimism for this.
90 Human Warrior
01/30/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Daundre
Hire me as an ACTOR!!!

ill play Arthas! I think i still look a bit like him hehe
90 Pandaren Monk
hooray! thank you for sharing this with the Community.
90 Human Warlock
Drop the live-action or at least get a director with some credentials--I foresee fat failure all over this.
This movie was announced like 7 years ago and Sam Raimi was attached.

7 YEARS.

Never getting made IMO.

This is pretty much what I think too. I'll believe it when I see it. Then again....even if it does get made I can't be sure that I will see it. I'm not THAT big of a Warcraft fan......
90 Night Elf Hunter
The new Star Wars movie will kill this movie.....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]