Dispells in PvE

With the 8 second cooldown on dispells implemented for MoP (Not sure if this was done for MoP or Cata, I took an extended break), does anyone else miss the traditional dispell cooldown besides myself? As my title implies, I'm talking strictly PvE here.

While I'm sure adding the cooldown was motivated by PvP, has this ever been addressed by a blue for a PvE perspective?

I find I prioritize myself and the tanks for dispels these days, and that's about it. Everyone else is on their own.

Can something be done where dispells incur an 8 second cooldown when targeting flagged players only?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nope. It was a good change for PvE as well. Dispelling is a job all the healers should share, not just assign a single person to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I do miss it in lower level stuff, where there are many debuffs going out and I have to prioritize who to dispel. It's a real pain when you have a tank running pell-mell thru a dungeon and you're playing a Shaman who only has one instant heal. xD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/30/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Maladii
Nope. It was a good change for PvE as well. Dispelling is a job all the healers should share, not just assign a single person to.

I agree with this. Sinestra and H Spine were normal fights for some healers and frustrating mini-games for others. Nice to share the pain, as it were :)

It does make it a little more annoying for dungeon content especially when the prevailing tactics are to pull a zillion debuff-casting mobs all at once, but learning to prioritise dispels (both targets and debuffs) and use other class abilities (Grounding Totem, interrupts, CC/stuns, etc) to mitigate the amount of debuffs going out - or pump out some high HPS to deal with said debuffs we didn't prevent - is a very valuable thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I both like and dislike the new way. I like how it forces other healers to be able to dispel and it promotes more communication between us. I call who I'll dispel, then they grab the other one. That being said I also liked being able to say "I'll cover dispels" and never have to worry about a missed one. It's easier for me to watch debuffs and handle what needs dispelling than to hope my other healers will. My other issue with it is sometimes it forces me to bring more healers than I would like to. Grand Empress, for example, requires 3 healers just in case 2 healers get feared in the final phase. We don't particularly need 3 healers before that but, in the event of bad luck, we can get screwed over by only have 2 dispels.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
As entertaining as it was to play ping-pong dispel in H Spine, I prefer the new system. Healers need to work together against debuff mechanics in raids, instead of just having one person do it alone, and you can still count on Shadow Priests or some other cheese mechanics (*hugs tremor totem*) in some seldom cases.

It can be annoying for 5 man dungeons, but at least none of the MoP ones are in Grim Batol levels of "all debuffs you can eat".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Since I now get to share my Dispels with other healers, I dont mind the 8sec CD. I hated being the only Healer that would Dispel things in raids, and it would make me stop healing for longer, which actually did cause some wipes when I was healing with some...ahem...baddies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/30/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Maladii

I liked it when I was the dispell girl on heroic spine thank you............it made me feel special!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the coordination and teamwork it has created with healers. It leaves room for error tho
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/30/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Xiata

I liked it when I was the dispell girl on heroic spine thank you............it made me feel special!

Haha that was me aswell! Was needed too, because the other healers had to heal while someone else was busy dispelling. Its situational and Blizz designs current bosses to suit this, so eh...
Reply Quote
I actually like it the way it is now. Before, debuffs weren't really that much of a mechanic outside certain situations. It was usually 'see a debuff pop up/dispel it' now at least you have to think about 'is this dangerous enough that I need to dispel or do I need to save it for this other thing about to happen.'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]