Recklessness should've kept the 50%

Incomming damage. Would've balanced out the outgoing dps with the incomming. It shouldn't be a "LOOOOOOOL HERE COEMS THE PAIN" rather it should really be a well timed cooldown when other targets are stunned so you don't get downed easy while popping the ability.
Edited by Killerclaws on 1/30/2013 2:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
01/30/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Killerclaws
Incomming damage. Would've balanced out the outgoing dps with the incomming. It shouldn't be a "LOOOOOOOL HERE COEMS THE PAIN" rahter shouldve been a well timed cooldown when other targets are stunned so you don't get downed easy while popping the ability.

Yeah... I hated dieing and taxing my healers in raids so....

NO!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

NO!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Elegon final phase says no.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Drede

Dying*

Also, if you're using the ability during an aoe sequenece, then really it's your fault. If you're using it while tanking, then it's your fault. The cooldown is designed to be "reckless", meaning you go all out crazy like while you're more vulnerable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Recklessness if probably one of the best CD's we have if you don't utilize it then ur losing out on dps---if you dont know how to time it correctly per boss encounter or pvp situation yes it can be ur downfall but smart players or players that know there class shouldn't have a problem---

And yes elegon---1.7million crits

L2 play
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nvm *edit
Edited by Saarnash on 1/30/2013 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
hey guys its another fotm warrior leveling up a toon. Must have a main that is getting stomped by warriors of late.
Why would you come here and WISH (nonetheless) for a nerf to an ability?
Like what is wrong with the world?
Recklessness should've kept the incoming damage?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

You reek of Fotm
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Here's the issue with this.

First of all, a DPS increase putting you at danger isn't really fair, nor fun or exciting to use. It would gimp our DPS because of the added risk, and would make it less likely to be used in high damage situations (as others stated, final phase elegon), and is simply too vital to our DPS to be passed on due to survival concerns.

However, we see another class with a similar ability: Unholy Death Knights. Unholy Frenzy being some sort of mini Heroism, that causes them to take damage. However, they have a glyph to cancel that out, so it's "OK".

But now, let's look at warriors. It's not just ONE spec that uses recklessness, it's ALL the spec. If one glyph is being used majorly by one spec, it's okay, because the move is for that one spec, but if a glyph is largely overused by every single spec, then there's a problem. And trust me, every warrior, including prot, would use that glyph, and if a prot wouldn't chose it it simply wouldn't ever bother with reck. That's a problem, we know Blizzard wants variety in their classes. If we create something that will obviously be used by everyone, then we just drift away from this concept and create another problem.

What would however happen in this case is that the glyph would be made a baseline ability, thus making us go back to square one, like nothing ever changed.

If we, on the other hand, bring back damage to reck without giving it a glyph, then it's unbalance against us, which once again causes another problem.

Most facts just go against Recklessness dealing damage to the user.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't like "yeah but" talents. Reck making you take more damage was beyond stupid. So glad they took that out.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Recklessness, and to a lesser extent, Deathwish, were badly designed from the go. Anything that makes it harder on your raid healers when you simply hit the buttons you are supposed to hit is dumb, especially when that type of design isn't present across all classes and specs for all DPS cooldowns.

Recklessness should just be renamed at this point so no one else gets any 'ideas'. Call it something like 'Done got mad' or something and call it a day.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
My Elegon quip seems to have gone over Taunt's head, but then again the OP seems to be approaching this from a lolpvp angle anyway. Dumb thread is dumb. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

NO!

Exactly, do you know how long it took us to get the "damage taken" part off in the first place?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
01/30/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Killerclaws

Dying*

Also, if you're using the ability during an aoe sequenece, then really it's your fault. If you're using it while tanking, then it's your fault. The cooldown is designed to be "reckless", meaning you go all out crazy like while you're more vulnerable.

It was never a fun move to use even if you tried avoiding using during an AOE sequence. No other class got taxed for popping a cooldown. It was silly and redundant.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Does the term burn phase mean anything to you? You use it when you are supposed to.

And the underlined is not true anymore...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
coming from a level 76 warrior. Who knows about what we used to have to go through with reck and then recommending relapsing our progression as a unit. Obviously his main is another class and for him to know this about reck and how it used to be.
Im just not seeing logic here.
Its like a Mage goin on the mage forum asking.....nm im baffled
Edited by Skillywilly on 1/30/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
My favorite joke since I started this guy was when the raid leader asked for someone to soak some type of raid damage, I'd link recklessness and say I had the best CD to use for it.

Was even funnier since we used to get rage from damage taken baseline.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
From purely a warrior, Fury Warrior at that, stance. I always liked "Deathwish" and "Recklessness" in the sense of the class. You go all crazy and do more damage, but you open yourself up to more damage as well. Really fits the barbarian image of a fury warrior.

For stuff like PvP and some fights, they don't work out so well and was always a bit of a gamble. In Wrath, I normally hit my enrage regen when I popped those two.

But in the end, Glad they were changed\gone.
Edited by Daleus on 1/30/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Deathwish + Recklessness + Bloodlust + potion was an awesome combo because they're all separate buff types. Crazy damage increase. Works even better now with either Avatar or Bloodbath plus Skull Banner depending on the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I miss when Recklessness made all your attacks guaranteed crit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]