Binding Heal now always heals a 3rd target?

90 Blood Elf Priest
As of patch 16503:

Binding Heal now also heals a third nearby friendly target.

Will the glyph change to heal a 4th target or will the glyph be removed?

I'm somewhat happy about this change if true. Also should this 3rd heal have a smart-heal component? It would be awfully wasteful if the 3rd heal was used on someone with full health.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
/salivates

Dat binding heal and I have always been close when the going gets rough.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/30/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Senari
Also should this 3rd heal have a smart-heal component?

I can't think of a random-target heal in game that isn't a smart heal. The things that'll affect how you use it are the range on the smart heal, and whether that range originates from you or from your target.

01/30/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Senari

It'll be renamed to the Glyph of Square of Healing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Did they mention if it's going to cost more mana (that 35% in the glyph) or not?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It could just be a tooltip change for the spell when you glyph it.... i don't know though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/30/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Nerfheals

I can't think of a random-target heal in game that isn't a smart heal. The things that'll affect how you use it are the range on the smart heal, and whether that range originates from you or from your target.

lol!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

lol :-P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

lol!! nerf <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I barely use binding heal as it is... Generally if I get hit hard enough I have a personal cd or a shield on myself, and flash hits harder on that one target. The increased mana cost would make it not worth it for me, compared to just healing or atonementing.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
I don't think that's a real change. It's a data mining error most likely. The official patch notes that were just updated don't include that change.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can't think of a random-target heal in game that isn't a smart heal.

Cascade. However, I agree that it would be highly unusual for the additional heal not to seek the lowest health nearby target.

Personally, I think it would make more sense to make a glyph of Binding Heal that transforms the heal-on-the-priest portion into a smart heal.

01/30/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Keirisonis
I barely use binding heal as it is... Generally if I get hit hard enough I have a personal cd or a shield on myself, and flash hits harder on that one target. The increased mana cost would make it not worth it for me, compared to just healing or atonementing.

You're probably right. However, a Holy Priest's Binding Heal is inherently better due to Serendipity (and Holy Priests have a much greater incentive to spec FDCL, which further increases its value). So if you made a Binding Heal that was really appealing for Discipline Priests, it would be incredible for Holy.
Edited by Medeyn on 1/31/2013 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]