Patch Notes, Arms, Jan 30

90 Orc Warrior
01/31/2013 04:07 AMPosted by Secondwind
As of yesterday afternoon, MS was still proccing only 1 stack of TFB, and as far as I can tell the patch notes haven't changed to say this is intended. Hard to get a feel for the rotation when you literally have a second low rage cost attack that you don't get to use.

I did Ptr testing today and Ms is now proccing 2 charges of OP every time it lands.

Has anyone been able to test to see if the Glyph of OP only works with OP and not WS as well? In the Patch notes blizz had put that WS would be able to extend it aswell
Edited by Ezyo on 1/31/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Reduce WW CD I mean Monks get stupid sick AoE they spin all the time pulling 180k on trash, Wars should get to WW every 60 seconds at least.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
01/31/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Santee
buff hamstring, Idk how monk's disable pretty much stole warrior's improved hamstring with no cd

*sigh*, yes, that's the first thing I thought when I saw it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Also,
Deadly Calm has been removed from the game.
finally lol

...why in the hell would you think it's a good idea to remove something that reduces the rage cost of a move?

I'm not saying it's particularly good for arms and fury - it's not. But you know what? Something that's crappy, but at least occasionally reduces the rage cost of a move is a !@#$load better than NOTHING - and that's what you're getting for the loss of deadly calm, nothing at all.

Oh, and by the by, incite + deadly calm gave prot warriors 3 ******FREE******* heroic strikes. So as someone who tanks (on my war) quite a bit, you're a %^-*!. It's a cast iron @#$%^ to use rage for ANYTHING other than shield block/barrier. 3 free heroic strikes, dead sexy. Now I'm going to have 3 heroic strikes that cost 10 rage each if I want to maximize the usage of incite. That's 30 -*!@#$%ed rage. That is a TRUCKLOAD of rage that I'm losing and getting NOTHING in it's place.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The rotation's solid.

Slam could stand to be lowered further to 15 rage. Overpower is extremely potent, now, and there's the potential for a simplified rotation to exclude Slam and deal essentially the same damage -- especially with encounter mechanics and concentration levels factored in.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The rotation's solid.

Slam could stand to be lowered further to 15 rage. Overpower is extremely potent, now, and there's the potential for a simplified rotation to exclude Slam and deal essentially the same damage -- especially with encounter mechanics and concentration levels factored in.

The problem though is its only solid for Pve. In pvp your going to need to apply hamstring anf thundeclap and shattering throw, you just dont have enough rage for all of that.

Edit: Btw has anyone tested that glyph of OP to see if its still affected by WS? In my ptr it wont show me my glyph choices
Edited by Ezyo on 2/1/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Also, finally lol

...why in the hell would you think it's a good idea to remove something that reduces the rage cost of a move?

I'm not saying it's particularly good for arms and fury - it's not. But you know what? Something that's crappy, but at least occasionally reduces the rage cost of a move is a !@#$load better than NOTHING - and that's what you're getting for the loss of deadly calm, nothing at all.

Oh, and by the by, incite + deadly calm gave prot warriors 3 ******FREE******* heroic strikes. So as someone who tanks (on my war) quite a bit, you're a %^-*!. It's a cast iron @#$%^ to use rage for ANYTHING other than shield block/barrier. 3 free heroic strikes, dead sexy. Now I'm going to have 3 heroic strikes that cost 10 rage each if I want to maximize the usage of incite. That's 30 -*!@#$%ed rage. That is a TRUCKLOAD of rage that I'm losing and getting NOTHING in it's place.

bro, 3 heroic strikes arent worth that much rage...in game or IRL
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Because it's nothing but pointless button clutter that didn't even have that good of an affect to begin with. And with the class currently flooded with buttons any reduction of this tye is more then welcome.

May it burn in hell.

lol This in an Arms thread. That's why I didn't post this.

-Glyph of Incite no longer activates from Deadly Calm, and now activates from Demoralizing Shout instead.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Ezyo
The problem though is its only solid for Pve. In pvp your going to need to apply hamstring anf thundeclap and shattering throw, you just dont have enough rage for all of that.

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ain't nobody got time for that!
epic quote from a black super hero, lawl
Edited by Trickdirtyx on 2/1/2013 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Pretty much. again blizz is thinking too much on Pve and not the effect its having in pvp were arms is more geared to. Granted I love fury and i am excited to do arenas as fury rather then arms, it would still be nice if arms remained competitive even if it was only slightly better then Fury.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO TEST OUT THE NEW OP GLYPH TO SEE IF IT STILL PROCS FROM WS???? sorry for the caps but i need to know! my ptr wont show me my glyphs :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Glyph of Overpower now increases the duration of Die by the Sword by 1-second each time Overpower is used.

A very interesting glyph. Anyone know how long we can extend DBTS with this? Would be awesome against rogues and cats. This along with the new blitz glyph will make Major glyph choices hard to choose from.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]