prot pallies

90 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems like prot pallies are a lot more squisher then they were back in cata an wrath because i seem to be dropping in health a lot quicker then what i was back then where i could sustain damage for half a boss fight before needing a big heal off on me or where i could just sit there soloing a lot of things without a lot of help from others, i can still solo some stuff but not as much as i was able to before, blizz needs to give us some of our old skills back like divinity i was always speced into that as a tank it was a good talent to have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are finding yourself as "squishy" then I'm afraid you're not putting all the right pieces together.

For example:

You have no expertise, we are no longer on the Cata tanking model of passive mitigation through Dodge/Parry and mastery stacking and now on the active mitigation model where you need to as close to if not exactly Hit and Hard Expertise capped.

You are missing a lot of holy power generation from not having those things, and losing that Holy Power means you are losing SoTR uptime which means you take more dmg.

Make sure you are running Seal of Insight instead of Seal of Truth, and i'm sure you will experience a much different side of Pally tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You're feeling squishy because, technically, you're doing it wrong; mechanics have changed such that CTC capping is no longer optimal. Hit and expertise hard caps (7.5% and 15% respectively) are musts, in that your survivability is tied to SotR, which gives you a pretty substantial damage reduction buff when used. Currently, haste is a better tanking stat or Paladins than either dodge or parry, because Prot got Sanctity of Battle which causes haste to reduce globals and ability cooldowns - meaning more HoPo, faster, for greater SotR uptime. Mastery is still strong, in that it increases the strength of SotR, and most pick either haste or mastery and stack the crap out of it once they get their hit and expertise caps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Every Tank moved to the Active Mitigation model in Mists, you're not going to be passively sitting there and soaking damage anymore. Gotta work for it.

Fixing your gemming/enchanting/reforging would make a world of difference.

Getting Hit capped and Expertise hard capped is a priority too, because if you're missing or getting dodged then you're mitigating less damage and you're going to be squishier.

Blizzard isn't going to give you any of the old passives back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a known fact that Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street doesn't like paladins & will never bring us back to the WotLK level.

Ask yourself why pallys have gone down hill in every aspect of the game. Why do they make major change's to our stat priority every X-pac. While some recieve only minor changes to their basic stat / talents.

Yes we grew in overall class size in LK, but this happen because Blizzard had finally made us viable & not just a buff/ aura toon. People that had liked the lore + the addition of Blood Elfs / Dranei's to the game made our class popular.

I could go on but it will do no good.
TLDR :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/30/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Rocmon
will never bring us back to the WotLK level.

You mean down to WotLK level.

Ask yourself why pallys have gone down hill in every aspect of the game.

They haven't.

Why do they make major change's to our stat priority every X-pac. While some recieve only minor changes to their basic stat / talents.

That's actually true for basically every spec this expansion.

Yes we grew in overall class size in LK, but this happen because Blizzard had finally made us viable & not just a buff/ aura toon. People that had liked the lore + the addition of Blood Elfs / Dranei's to the game made our class popular.

Paladins were the most played class prior to LK.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/30/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Cayse
will never bring us back to the WotLK level.

You mean down to WotLK level.

Agree with Cayse. Ret now is in a much better spot mechanically than we were in Wrath; my opinion, we haven't been this mechanically engaging since BC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, glyph of the harsh word is useless. If you want to do damage with holy power use shield of the righteous. Use glyph of the battle healer and switch to seal of insight. It's not uncommon for me to do more than 50% of the healing on myself during a raid. Make sure you are keeping sacred shield up as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]